Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 18.09.2005, 04:10 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Big Red Thread (Cardinals)

[quote author=Boycey link=board=1;threadid=11240;start=15#msg292033 date=1127059686]
Hiya folks. I'm your new convert
[/quote]

booooo hisssss!
Old 18.09.2005, 06:23 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Flaming Thumbtack link=board=1;threadid=11240;start=30#msg292036 date=1127059818]
[quote author=Boycey link=board=1;threadid=11240;start=15#msg292033 date=1127059686]
Hiya folks. I'm your new convert
[/quote]

booooo hisssss!
[/quote]

How's the Titan thread doing FT? ;D
Old 22.09.2005, 08:00 AM
All Pro

[quote author=THE_DUDE link=board=1;threadid=11240;start=15#msg260499 date=1122418194]
Where are they going to get the fans to fill the new stadium?
[/quote]

Why do you think they are holding a game in Mexico? It is advertising for their future fans who will sneak accross the border at Nogales!
Old 22.09.2005, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

two words - air conditioning!

there will be plenty in the new stadium....which looks pretty good at the moment btw ;D
Old 27.09.2005, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Cards in for Davey?

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

With starting quarterback Kurt Warner sidelined by a groin injury, the struggling Arizona Cardinals have reached agreement in principle with free agent signal-caller Rohan Davey, a three-year veteran released by the New England Patriots last month.

There remain a few contract details to be finalized but those are considered academic and Davey, who was en route to Phoenix on Tuesday, will sign a one-year deal. Agent Joel Segal spent much of Tuesday morning on the phone with Cards officials. The financial details of the contract were not immediately available, but the deal is likely for the league minimum for a three-year veteran, prorated over the balance of the season.

Arizona acted quickly to contact Davey, who was scheduled to work out for the Miami Dolphins, and Nick Saban, his former college coach at LSU, later this week. Davey had a workout in Houston earlier this month and the Denver Broncos also indicated interest in the former LSU starter.

Warner was injured in Sunday's loss at Seattle and coach Dennis Green acknowledged on Monday that the Cardinals' starter probably would miss more than just one week. Josh McCown, who replaced Warner on Sunday and who started 13 games for the Cardinals in '04, will get the nod against San Francisco this weekend. The other quarterback currently on the roster is second-year veteran John Navarre.

The winless Cardinals face the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night in Mexico City, the first-ever NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.

Once viewed as a potential future starter, and a player of estimable physical skills, quarterback Davey was waived by the Patriots after New England opted to elevate Doug Flutie to the No. 2 spot on the depth chart and to retain rookie Matt Cassel, a seventh-round draft choice from Southern California who played well in the preseason.

Before releasing Davey, the Patriots attempted to trade him, but no teams wanted to give up anything in return, since they sensed he was going to be waived.

Davey, 27, was a fourth-round pick of the Patriots in the 2002 draft but, in his three seasons with the team, appeared in just seven games. He completed eight of 19 passes for 88 yards and spent all last season as the No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart.

Two years ago, Davey was named as the top offensive player in NFL Europe. At 6-feet-2 and 245 pounds, he has nice size and a good enough arm.

Given the unsettled situation in Arizona, where Warner and McCown are both working on one-year contracts, going to the Cardinals could be a good move for Davey's career. If the Arizona staff likes what it sees of him in 2005, the Cardinals could attempt to sign him to an extension later in the season, perhaps by dangling the possibility that he would have a chance to compete for the starting job next summer.
Old 27.09.2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Bowler

What is the point of going in for Davey, our line is not blocking!!
I don't understand why some Cards fans are blaming Warner... all things considered he's keeping the team together and we're going to show how much we are going to miss him on Sunday when McCown starts running around like a headless chicken.
Old 28.09.2005, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

[quote author=RedRage link=board=1;threadid=11240;start=30#msg302436 date=1127850146]
What is the point of going in for Davey, our line is not blocking!!
I don't understand why some Cards fans are blaming Warner... all things considered he's keeping the team together and we're going to show how much we are going to miss him on Sunday when McCown starts running around like a headless chicken.
[/quote]

i agree 100%

Warner has done ok for me tbh! - he was always going to get sacks with our line! - the Rams final drive was down to him to get us there and baring the penalty i think we would have got in! (i watched the game the other night and how awful was the blocking for the that sack btw!)!
Old 28.09.2005, 02:38 PM
MVP

Bad Luck about Davey, just cant cut it at NFL level, if he goes near the field, say goodbye to any slim hopes.
Old 28.09.2005, 07:48 PM
Pro Bowler

[quote author=Motherwell Hatetriot link=board=1;threadid=11240;start=30#msg302820 date=1127918295]
Bad Luck about Davey, just cant cut it at NFL level, if he goes near the field, say goodbye to any slim hopes.
[/quote]

There is no way he can be worse than McCown. I was at the Giants game last season. I remember the first few Giants drives where Warner was zipping the ball to his receivers for 10-20 yard gains. McCown was awful... he totalled 90 yards passing the entire game. If it wasn't for the awful protection the Giants o-line was giving we would have gotten whipped.

It's part of the reason I believed we'd do okay this season, with most of the team remaining unchanged or apparently upgraded I thought with a half decent QB we'd have a better offense. Now it seems our o-line is in pieces and our LB and DT depth is dire.

On the plus side my new Dansby and Wilson authentic jerseys arrived yesterday... sweet ;D
Old 03.10.2005, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

about time eh!

do you think we can win against the panthers next week then RR?