Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 44 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 21.02.2009, 06:39 PM
All Pro

so, movements in pheonix

Negotiations with Q are now tenable, which is incredibly important news, I really don't think our offense is the same threat without both Q and Fitz as I think up until this season's injuries I think we'd all admit that Q was rated just as highly if not higher than Fitz(for his ability in YAC)

Davis gets the D co-ordinator job, I was very upset to lose Pendergast who again we all could admit just how important he has been to the growth of this team, but keeping it in the family is sensible in this case and with the intensity he bred into the LB's then hopefully playing a more 3-4 heavy hybrid we can continue to pile on the pressure

O co-ordinator has been split into Run and Pass between Grimm and Mike Miller. Interesting move, but I was never too impressed with Haley ever since he got the job after the Leinart fiasco's, so in my books Grimm owning the run game could force an honest attack on the ground, but we may need to keep hold of a disgruntled Edge to do it

How's everyone feeling after the big bowl now? Warner to come back and fight for another run at the play-offs, or be realistic and cut the losses, get Leinart back in, new co-ordinatorsm new season, new start knowing that we were incredibly lucky to get to the superbowl and we're all proud to have done it!
Old 21.02.2009, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Warner's coming back for at least one more season according to NFL.com. Good news for Cardinals fans, bad news for Matt Leinart. Does he really want to spend another season as a backup? With Warner coming back and an increased possibility of Boldin staying, is there any reason why the Cardinals can't challenge again next season?
Old 21.02.2009, 08:49 PM
MVP

Apparently Warner will return according to his agent.
Old 22.02.2009, 01:42 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Breitenbach View Post
Apparently Warner will return according to his agent.
Hes under contract, its already been said but Arizona hold all the cards (pardon the pun)
Old 22.02.2009, 07:26 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by towen5 View Post
Hes under contract, its already been said but Arizona hold all the cards (pardon the pun)
Boldin is under contract bud. Warner becomes a FA if he isnt signed by Friday.
He (Warner) has stated again tho. Its the Cards or nobody.

UK, I think Matt has at least one more year backing him up. The base salaries are 2.6 in 09, and 4 mill in 2010. Injuries aside, if he has to wait until 2011, his contract will jump up massively, he will be (I think) 28, and will have had something similar to Aaron Rogers in terms of waiting.
It will be interesting, but if a team was desperate enough, and came along with a bunch of picks??? Who knows. Those base salaries will make him an even more attractive trade target.
Old 22.02.2009, 02:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Boldin is under contract bud. Warner becomes a FA if he isnt signed by Friday.
He (Warner) has stated again tho. Its the Cards or nobody.
sorry my bad i read the first post about Q and scrolled down before my brain could catch up with me!
Old 09.03.2009, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

just lifted of ASFN.....

as per Jurecki monday afternoon:

Cards tommorrow are bringing in a former GM in the NFL and a solid talent evaluator to be Graves "right hand man"

Jurecki cant disclose the name, but it should come out tomorrow. Says it will be an excellent hire and Cards fans should be happy.
Old 10.03.2009, 01:00 AM
All Pro

an interesting point made by John Clayton in his latest ESPN entry

(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3963931)

He suggests that Boldin will be traded this summer with the Giants and Eagles being at the front of the queue... nothing new there

He goes on to suggest that the Giants may be willing to offer Osi Umenyiora for Boldin.

Now for me that would be a very difficult deal to turn down... not at least give it some serious thought
Old 10.03.2009, 06:48 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
just lifted of ASFN.....

as per Jurecki monday afternoon:

Cards tommorrow are bringing in a former GM in the NFL and a solid talent evaluator to be Graves "right hand man"

Jurecki cant disclose the name, but it should come out tomorrow. Says it will be an excellent hire and Cards fans should be happy.
Matt Millen? heh heh.
No idea who it may be, but I would be more than happy if they decided to use Denny Green's experience. For me he is an excellent evaluator of talent, just a little to bone headed to be a great head coach. (see signing Edge and doing nothing about the O line)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howedan View Post
an interesting point made by John Clayton in his latest ESPN entry

(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3963931)

He suggests that Boldin will be traded this summer with the Giants and Eagles being at the front of the queue... nothing new there

He goes on to suggest that the Giants may be willing to offer Osi Umenyiora for Boldin.

Now for me that would be a very difficult deal to turn down... not at least give it some serious thought

That makes about a thousand times more appeal than the lame Eagles attempts. BUT, What kind of contrat is Osi on? And why would the Cards trade Boldin to a team that is more than likely going to be in the post season as a conference rival? That could be the sticking point.
I've always been in the camp that the best trade scenario for the Cardinals involves a line man (either side) from the AFC.
Old 30.03.2009, 09:32 PM
All Pro

Bump.

Do you see a Trade for Boldin then? how do you see the draft going?? Moreno??