Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 52 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 05.09.2010, 03:33 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by asters101 View Post
card all the way. i think they have a a really good chance this season. i heard they have a new play in the works.

directtohomeappliances.com

directtohomeappliances.com reviews
Old 06.09.2010, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
now banned!
Old 06.09.2010, 07:15 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
now banned!
ohh your scary when you get the wind up aint ya
Old 20.10.2010, 06:31 PM
All Pro

Help guys, I'm having loyalty issues, I keep looking at other teams and think about what its like to support them... I'm getting weak

I think its all this cold weather with winter coming making me want to support a cold weather team..
Old 21.10.2010, 07:55 AM
Pro Bowler

listen, I and several others on this forum have been Cards fans for a very long time and I will tell you from experience if you are wavering now you will be insane if/when things go really south these are the GOOD TIMES!!.
but think of this, a test of a true supporter isn't being a fan of a winner, thats easy. being there when times are tough no matter how long those times last, THAT is being a true fan and I will tell you now its worth it, you earn a badge of honour for standing there even when its hopeless and futile. Its easy to dance in the sun but the best dancers can do it in any weather.

There are plenty of other teams whose fans have suffered Raiders, 9ers Rams but being a Cards fan sets you apart because all those teams can point to a rich history of winning seasons and super bowl rings but we choose to follow the Cards we dont have those trinckets to attract us, but still we stand by our team.

relish the rollercoaster that is the Cardinals game, and relish those bad games because when the sun shines it shines brightest on Cards fans

You will always regret swapping alligence because you know in the Cards there is something special in being a fan.

now do up you chin strap and get back in there!!

Last edited by mrbyte11; 21.10.2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 21.10.2010, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbyte11 View Post
listen, I and several others on this forum have been Cards fans for a very long time and I will tell you from experience if you are wavering now you will be insane if/when things go really south these are the GOOD TIMES!!.
but think of this, a test of a true supporter isn't being a fan of a winner, thats easy. being there when times are tough no matter how long those times last, THAT is being a true fan and I will tell you now its worth it, you earn a badge of honour for standing there even when its hopeless and futile. Its easy to dance in the sun but the best dancers can do it in any weather.

There are plenty of other teams whose fans have suffered Raiders, 9ers Rams but being a Cards fan sets you apart because all those teams can point to a rich history of winning seasons and super bowl rings but we choose to follow the Cards we dont have those trinckets to attract us, but still we stand by our team.

relish the rollercoaster that is the Cardinals game, and relish those bad games because when the sun shines it shines brightest on Cards fans

You will always regret swapping alligence because you know in the Cards there is something special in being a fan.

now do up you chin strap and get back in there!!

What he said.

History tells us that there will be more bad times than good thats for sure. These are still good times to a Card no matter how it seems. Never before have we have a had some many pro bowl players and strength on both sides of the ball.

I'm not saying you are a band wagon fan but if you have jumped on recently then strap yourself in good and tight....its going to be a bumpy ride!!!
Old 21.10.2010, 02:05 PM
All Pro

As a fan of the NFL and Cardinals of only a couple of years I have not experienced the bad times, and I for one dont mind if/when they come back, they will, and it makes you appreciate the good times even more. Id much rather support a relatively unfollowed, unsuccessful team than someone who has done it all, wheres the fun in that? I know its a cheesey saying, but I find it true in most walks of life, its the journey that will always be the most fun. Having followed Bolton up from the bottom division to the premiership, I can tell you, that the least enjoyable times have been in the premiership, whereas I have such fond memories of the ride there.

To be honest, obviously not used to the franchise side of things in our sports, I feel like my heart is actually with Phoenix, with Arizona, especially having been twice. Im not sure what I would do if the franchise moved (they clearly wont for a long time with all the investment taken place in Arizona). Id be interested to hear what the rest of you think about this. Did anybody support them when they were in St.Louis? Would you support them if they moved and say Arizona was to get another franchise?
Old 21.10.2010, 03:16 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
As a fan of the NFL and Cardinals of only a couple of years I have not experienced the bad times, and I for one dont mind if/when they come back, they will, and it makes you appreciate the good times even more. Id much rather support a relatively unfollowed, unsuccessful team than someone who has done it all, wheres the fun in that? I know its a cheesey saying, but I find it true in most walks of life, its the journey that will always be the most fun. Having followed Bolton up from the bottom division to the premiership, I can tell you, that the least enjoyable times have been in the premiership, whereas I have such fond memories of the ride there.

To be honest, obviously not used to the franchise side of things in our sports, I feel like my heart is actually with Phoenix, with Arizona, especially having been twice. Im not sure what I would do if the franchise moved (they clearly wont for a long time with all the investment taken place in Arizona). Id be interested to hear what the rest of you think about this. Did anybody support them when they were in St.Louis? Would you support them if they moved and say Arizona was to get another franchise?
Its a good question. I have written before I was kind of pushed into supporting the Cards because of the move.
And despite never having been to Arizona, I do feel a kindred spirit with the place. Were the Cards to move to L.A. for example...ooh, that would be tough. I think I probably would stick with them as its a part of my now.
Kind of like a verucca. You grow accustomed to it, but that doesnt mean you like it.

If a new franchise moved into Phoenix.....I really dont know. Its not something I would welcome.
Old 21.10.2010, 04:16 PM
All Pro

Cheers guys, much appreciated, I think your posts have put it into a very good perspective. I suppose having only recently started following the cards, I could be said to have jumped on the bandwagon, but to me, if I was a real bandwagon fan then I would've gone for the saints, or the only team I knew of before last year, the patriots. To be honest, the thing that attracted me to arizona first and foremost was Kurt Warner, but i'm not dull, and I knew that he was coming to then end, (with his age) It was the story of Warner that really engrossed me.

The other most important thing that made me choose the cards, was the fan numbers on here, believe it or not. I got kind of obsessive choosing a team after a while, after going through several teams. I eventually weighed everything up, and thats when I realised that on this website, we only have a 1,000 odd fans. What interested me most about this was how active our part of the forum is, bearing in mind we have one of the lowest fan numbers on this forum. When I went for Arizona, I was careful to look at teams that have never won a superbowl. In that respect, I certainly dont see myself as a bandwagon fan

Anyway, thanks for helping me out in my time of weakness, there is no way I am changing allegiance. For me its an added bonus that we have got faith and hope it Max Hall, hopefully it can turn out to be the next Warner.
Old 21.10.2010, 04:28 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
To be honest, obviously not used to the franchise side of things in our sports, I feel like my heart is actually with Phoenix, with Arizona, especially having been twice. Im not sure what I would do if the franchise moved
I was with the St Louis Cards as a fan and when they moved there wasn't a moment of hesitation, I went with them when they became the Pheonix Cardinals (though I hated the name) but I always had a soft spot for St. Louis and still follow the Cardinal baseball team (though very casually)

anyway if they moved you would follow them...there wouldn't be a replacement team in Arizona