Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 53 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 21.10.2010, 06:37 PM
All Pro

The whole franchise upping and moving thing is really interesting. I mean for you or I, it is not that much of a big deal, its thousands of miles away regardless, but for the folks that live in that city, it must be very strange, hard to take. I think you are right in that I would follow the cardinals wherever they went, but I would be devastated nonetheless, more so as has been said if they were to move to a city I was not a big fan of (in terms of visiting), LA being a good example. Long may they stay in Glendale, and remain successful.
Old 22.07.2011, 10:32 AM
All Pro

So with it looking like the new season will take place, is anyone looking to get out there for a game this year?

I will be heading out for the Giants game at the start of October, also take in the AZ State vs Oregon State game Then drive up to Colorado, spend a frew night in the Rocky Mountain National Park, then onto Denver for the Bronocs vs Chargers game as my mate is a Broncos fan.

Cant wait now!!
Old 22.07.2011, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
So with it looking like the new season will take place, is anyone looking to get out there for a game this year?

I will be heading out for the Giants game at the start of October, also take in the AZ State vs Oregon State game Then drive up to Colorado, spend a frew night in the Rocky Mountain National Park, then onto Denver for the Bronocs vs Chargers game as my mate is a Broncos fan.

Cant wait now!!
Not this season I don't think.

Your trip sounds great mate. Wish it was me going. Where you staying etc?

Don't forget to pick up an handful of the free programmes ;-)
Old 22.07.2011, 01:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ View Post
Not this season I don't think.

Your trip sounds great mate. Wish it was me going. Where you staying etc?

Don't forget to pick up an handful of the free programmes ;-)
It should be great, probably just be staying in Tempe again until gameday morning, somewhere around Mill avenue, great night out there, lots of students, plus very close to the SDS for the AZ State game

I can never find any of the programmes, at the Saints game last year I found none, the year before agianst the Vikings I got a programme for the Panthers game :S

Drive over to Glendale gameday morning, stay in a hotel by the big complex over the road from the stadium. Get down to the stadium for about 7am ready to tailgate :P

Im really looking forward to the Rockies, Im a geek for National Parks, I think I will go luxury there and get a nice big log cabin in the middle of the forest

I do advise you all to watch the Giants game, it will likely be our best performance of the year, my last two visits have brought that in the win against the Saints last year and the SNF win against the Vokes the year before
Old 10.09.2012, 12:58 PM
Rookie

Me and my mate started watching the NFL together from last season. We primarily watched redzone as we didn't know much about the teams or have any ties to a particular place to have a specific team.

After about 3 games we decided we should choose some teams to keep an eye on. Some decent. Some quite poor. We ended up settling on 5 each to keep a closer eye on during the rest of the season.

My mate chose Vikings, Ravens, Redskins, Bills and Colts. I chose Panthers, Cardinals, Titans, Bengals and Chiefs.

We still keep a close eye on the other 4 teams that we shortlisted, but for some reason (certainly wasn't success) we grew closer to one team each. My mate is now a Vikings fan, and I'm a Cardinal fan.

It was just something about the cardinals that I was drawn too. It was the lack of identity to an extent, with the team lacking a true franchise quarterback. My mate felt quite similar about the Vikings, although they had ponder it felt like they were rebuilding, which they are.
In the end I think we both ended up choosing teams that were at the lower end of the pecking order, so we seen it as the only way from here was up.

Quite unbelieveably this weekend both the vikings and cardinals won. When other teams like the panthers, titans, bills and colts didn't. I know its only one game but it feels like progress.
Old 10.09.2012, 01:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg469287 View Post
Me and my mate started watching the NFL together from last season. We primarily watched redzone as we didn't know much about the teams or have any ties to a particular place to have a specific team.

After about 3 games we decided we should choose some teams to keep an eye on. Some decent. Some quite poor. We ended up settling on 5 each to keep a closer eye on during the rest of the season.

My mate chose Vikings, Ravens, Redskins, Bills and Colts. I chose Panthers, Cardinals, Titans, Bengals and Chiefs.

We still keep a close eye on the other 4 teams that we shortlisted, but for some reason (certainly wasn't success) we grew closer to one team each. My mate is now a Vikings fan, and I'm a Cardinal fan.

It was just something about the cardinals that I was drawn too. It was the lack of identity to an extent, with the team lacking a true franchise quarterback. My mate felt quite similar about the Vikings, although they had ponder it felt like they were rebuilding, which they are.
In the end I think we both ended up choosing teams that were at the lower end of the pecking order, so we seen it as the only way from here was up.

Quite unbelieveably this weekend both the vikings and cardinals won. When other teams like the panthers, titans, bills and colts didn't. I know its only one game but it feels like progress.
Nice to have you on board

I am sure you will have some ups, lots of downs as a Cardinal fan, but its always good fun. There is a decent representation on this board as well.

The big plus of being a Cardinals fan is if you ever get to go to a game, the stadium is incredible, and the state is beautiful.

Things are a bit rocky at the minute, the offensive line and QB are positions of great concern, however there is talent littered through the team. We have a very good WR core, with one of the best in the game, what should be a decent 1-2 punch at RB, and the Defense is loaded with young talent.

The organisation is headed in the right direction, they are paying the guys that will be the building blocks for years to come. Its good to see, and whilst this year may be a struggle, I see good things for the future.
Old 10.09.2012, 01:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg469287 View Post

welcome to the brotherhood prepare yourself for an emotional rollercoaster
Old 24.09.2012, 06:58 PM
Team Captain

looking to do a trip over to the states for christmas, fancy the look of the Cards v the 49ers looks like it could be a very good mach up. The thing is, a week over the West coast, is it worth it?
Old 03.10.2012, 02:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio View Post
looking to do a trip over to the states for christmas, fancy the look of the Cards v the 49ers looks like it could be a very good mach up. The thing is, a week over the West coast, is it worth it?
The the game in San Fran? I have never been to San Fran. Went to LA and San Diego, San Diego was great if you can get down there, LA was rubbish, boring, nothing to see, hollywood is a dump, spread out, dont go. Id think up in and around San Fran would be great, but perhaps not that time of year, San Fran will be chilly. Id love to visit Yosemite NP. You should get to a game in AZ, you will have decent weather still, pay a visit to the Grand Canyon, then head to Vegas.
Old 03.10.2012, 09:18 PM
Rookie

So which of us are ASU or UofA fans?