NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old 05.08.2015, 12:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Testing. Am I in?
Ahhh, hello NS. You are back!

I have been on a break over the offseason. Good to see you back on here!
Old 07.08.2015, 06:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by b182dammit View Post
Ahhh, hello NS. You are back!

I have been on a break over the offseason. Good to see you back on here!
Hi bud. this site is so frustrating, but at least I can get on occasionally. Be good to chat this season. Had no Cards fans to share the post Carson's Knee misery with :-(
Old 10.08.2015, 07:56 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Hi bud. this site is so frustrating, but at least I can get on occasionally. Be good to chat this season. Had no Cards fans to share the post Carson's Knee misery with :-(
Oh it was a cruel year. Couldn't wait for it to end. I am not as optimistic about this season. Still can't see how we leapfrog the Seahawks.

I don't feel like we have resolved any of our biggest problems from last year. We have no power in the run game and no above average pass rushers at the LB spot. If PP21 doesn't put last year behind him and get back to where he was heading, we will struggle at CB having lost arguably our best CB last year.

I can see an 8-8 or 9-7 record this year, perhaps sneak a wildcard.
Old 20.10.2015, 02:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Oh it was a cruel year. Couldn't wait for it to end. I am not as optimistic about this season. Still can't see how we leapfrog the Seahawks.

I don't feel like we have resolved any of our biggest problems from last year. We have no power in the run game and no above average pass rushers at the LB spot. If PP21 doesn't put last year behind him and get back to where he was heading, we will struggle at CB having lost arguably our best CB last year.

I can see an 8-8 or 9-7 record this year, perhaps sneak a wildcard.

How do you guys think we are getting on now then after 6 weeks of the season. Promising and frustrating at the same time for me!
Old 21.10.2015, 07:24 AM
All Pro

We are better than I thought we would be. The offence for the most part has been simply superb. Palmer has played lights out. I honestly think he has been playing at a higher level than even Warner did for us. I expect him to complete every pass, that's how good he is playing. We have a plethora of weapons at WR and RB, and the line is doing a fairly decent job. Even at TE feels has done an ok job, certainly better than we have had at the position in a long time.

The back end of the D has been excellent, so many play makers. We literally have 2, heck even 2 1/2 if you count Mathieu, sets of starting safeties. PP21 has been very good again, good to see him back at high level.

The front 3 have done an ok job, but I must say, other than that Rams game, I was hoping for more form Campbell. Gunter has done so superbly well for a small school rookie at nose.

Now, the major problem, and likely the stumbling block that will stop us from beating a very good offence, the LBs. Inside we have been ok, especially against the run, but we have no pass rush, we can't get to the QB, and it is costing us. This is the only area I am actually worried about.

We are 4-2, quite frankly, it should be 6-0. It is a bit concerning that in the 2 close games we have had opportunities to drive and take the lead with very little time on the clock, and we have blown it. On both occasions the play-calling was shocking. Throwing on all 4 downs (3 of them when only needing 2 yards for a first down) against the Rams with over 2 mins left, inside the 40, and only needing a FG. Then against the Steelers, again about 2 mins left, on the 20, plenty of time to move slowly, run some ball, throw short passes underneath, yet go for it all into double coverage.

We are good enough to win a Superbowl, but we need to manage the game, even restrain ourselves when games are on the line at the end. We also MUST find something at OLB, we need to get to the QB or we have no shot.
Old 22.10.2015, 04:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
We are better than I thought we would be. The offence for the most part has been simply superb. Palmer has played lights out. I honestly think he has been playing at a higher level than even Warner did for us. I expect him to complete every pass, that's how good he is playing. We have a plethora of weapons at WR and RB, and the line is doing a fairly decent job. Even at TE feels has done an ok job, certainly better than we have had at the position in a long time.

The back end of the D has been excellent, so many play makers. We literally have 2, heck even 2 1/2 if you count Mathieu, sets of starting safeties. PP21 has been very good again, good to see him back at high level.

The front 3 have done an ok job, but I must say, other than that Rams game, I was hoping for more form Campbell. Gunter has done so superbly well for a small school rookie at nose.

Now, the major problem, and likely the stumbling block that will stop us from beating a very good offence, the LBs. Inside we have been ok, especially against the run, but we have no pass rush, we can't get to the QB, and it is costing us. This is the only area I am actually worried about.

We are 4-2, quite frankly, it should be 6-0. It is a bit concerning that in the 2 close games we have had opportunities to drive and take the lead with very little time on the clock, and we have blown it. On both occasions the play-calling was shocking. Throwing on all 4 downs (3 of them when only needing 2 yards for a first down) against the Rams with over 2 mins left, inside the 40, and only needing a FG. Then against the Steelers, again about 2 mins left, on the 20, plenty of time to move slowly, run some ball, throw short passes underneath, yet go for it all into double coverage.

We are good enough to win a Superbowl, but we need to manage the game, even restrain ourselves when games are on the line at the end. We also MUST find something at OLB, we need to get to the QB or we have no shot.
You've summed it up pretty damn well tbh....

We do need to get to the QB as they are getting seconds to scout an open receiver at the moment and helping people like Bryant get free like last weekend. More pressure on the ball is a must!

As I said frustrating because of those 2 losses, still fancy us to have the division in the bag though! It's a joy to watch this offense at the moment though, an absolute joy!
Old 26.10.2015, 12:08 PM
All Pro

I haven't been online here for a long time, but it's nice to see some familiar names still floating around.

It's still strange to feel frustrated at a 4-2 record. We are a talented team this year. Carson is playing at a very high level. My concern is an over reliance on him when playing from behind, when the rush offence is finally a capable unit.

I am feeling good going into tonight, however we need to fix the pass rush, is Freeny the answer, unlikely. So, we need to work the scheme, Betch needs to find a way to create gaps creatively, but I can't claim to know how he'd do it.

A big personally concern is Jermain Gresham, his hands aren't historically his strong point, yet he still gets 4-5 targets a game(it feels) many on target and dropped. Theses are proving key yards.

I don't believe a Super Bowl is our destiny this year, but I can't wait to be proved wrong
Old 19.11.2015, 06:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Interesting look into the Cardinals offense preparing/during the week 8 game game against Cleveland:

Part 1: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/n...side-game-plan

Part 2: http://mmqb.si.com/2015/11/18/nfl-ca...eveland-browns
Old 31.05.2016, 12:02 PM
All Pro

I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Cardinals review got posted today. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review
Old 29.08.2016, 10:48 AM
Starter

What do we make of Pre-season results for the Cardinals?
Nothing to worry about?