Need help picking a team? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > New to the NFL?

Old 28.10.2010, 06:30 PM
Pro

Default Need help picking a team?

I've been watching the NFL for about 3 years now and cannot stick with a team to support, whenever a team makes a big trade for a big time player I tend to support them, I've been trying to decide on 1 team for ages and I've narrowed it down to 6 teams, who do you think I should go with.

Last edited by JOHN_P; 04.03.2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 28.10.2010, 06:58 PM
MVP

Pretty random group of teams. It's all down to what you are looking for. Current talent on the team, holiday location to visit, history, fun players to watch, a stable franchise who have good potential to build for a title or are you looking for an underdog? Maybe you are looking for a team which changes its stadium name every year, has flipper as a mascot. a franchise who decided to bring in celebrity owners including Jennifer Lopez to add the glitz to their team chose Miami

It's all down to you for what sort of team you want to follow doubt anyone would convince you otherwise.
Old 28.10.2010, 07:25 PM
All Pro

I would go with the Chiefs, unless you wan't to put St. Louis Rams on that list The Chiefs are a re building franchise and are in hunt for the playoffs this year. With a surprising performance from the whole team they have been nearly unbeaten and have a record of 4-2... They did have the 5th worst record last year with 4-12 and all ready are equalling the number of wins... They stand top of the AFC West with very tough oponents including the disappointing San Diego Chargers and the so far quiet Denver Broncos. You can not forget about Oakland who are turning out to be a dark horse in the league and may be a Wildcard this year...

The Arrowhead stadium is the loudest and the toughest Stadium's to play in the NFL. The weather ranges from 30 degrees C in the summer and -10 in the snowy winter. The Chiefs moved into Arrowhead the 12th of August 1972 and played the St. Louis Cardinals [Arizona Cardinals] as their first game...

The Chiefs joined the league in 1960 and are celebrating 50 years of their organization. They have always been the underdog and who doesn't love a good underdog.

But expect more from the Chiefs, with WR Dwayne Bowe having 341 receiving yards and 5 receiving TD's, QB Matt Cassel with a nearly 60% completion percentage and over 1000 passing yards and a TD:INT ratio of 3-1 [9TD - 3INT]. Lets not forger about the Chiefs RB's Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones, which both have over 450 yards rushing each.

The Chiefs Defence has been promising with allowing the 7th fewest points per game [18.7]. They allowed an average of 243.8 yards passing per game which is 17th in the NFL and allowed the 6th fewest Rushing yards per game, 89.7.

On the whole the Chiefs are an exciting young franchise with plenty of talent and Superbowls to come!
Old 28.10.2010, 07:31 PM
Team Captain

I would chose the seahawks as you never know what your going to get so they are very exciting team to watch plus they are I think they are the 3rd best defence against the rush. Plus they have plenty of exciting players such as marshawn lynch, lofa tatupu and leon washington.
Old 28.10.2010, 08:20 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN_P View Post
I've been watching the NFL for about 3 years now and cannot stick with a team to support, whenever a team makes a big trade for a big time player I tend to support them, I've been trying to decide on 1 team for ages and I've narrowed it down to 6 teams, who do you think I should go with.

Dolphins
Titans
Chiefs
Giants
Seahawks
Patriots
I think you should definitely listen to your subconscious on this. Take a look at your list there and see who you have put at the top................................... Now what does that tell you? Your subconscious mind is yelling out to you 'Dolphins! Dolphins!'

Therefore I think you would only be setting yourself up for much inner torment and unhappiness if you did not choose the Dolphins.

The Dolphins have a great history - the only team ever to do 'the perfect season' and they had the greatest ever passer in Dan Marino.

Whatever you do don't choose the Patriots. They have enough bandwagon jumpers to support them already.
Old 28.10.2010, 11:24 PM
Rookie

Seahawks obviously! Great city to visit too if you get the chance
Old 28.10.2010, 11:28 PM
All Pro

has anybody even read my post about the Chiefs ^^ they are perfect for him if he doesn't have the Rams on there
Old 28.10.2010, 11:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsAreTheBest14 View Post
has anybody even read my post about the Chiefs ^^ they are perfect for him if he doesn't have the Rams on there
An ex-Dolphins fan telling somebody to support the Chiefs instead of the Dolphins.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................
Old 28.10.2010, 11:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN_P View Post
I would like the team to have a good front office who know what they are doing, and will build a team to contend for the Superbowl for many years, even if they are at the bottom of the league for a few more seasons. so basically a team with a very bright future.
The Dolphins front office has let them down quite badly in the past by making poor draft picks etc. However, the Dolphins are a very young team now and a team building for the future. So there's some good and some bad there.

The Chiefs are also building for the future but I can't tell you much about their front office, you'd need to ask a Chiefs fan about that.

Judging by your post I would say the Dolphins or Chiefs best suit what you're looking for.
Old 29.10.2010, 12:05 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan75 View Post
An ex-Dolphins fan telling somebody to support the Chiefs instead of the Dolphins.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................
I'm not telling him to support the team. I'm just showing of my journalist skills and making suggestions...