Doctor Who - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 07.05.2011, 08:59 PM
Starter

Default Doctor Who

ok, you're all British (well, a couple of you are Irish, and there are some Americans like me who float in and out... and maybe a few random others... but you get the point)

Besides live sports, about 75% of what little TV i do get around to watching these days originates in the UK, mainly Top Gear and Dr. Who.

I've spent countless hours I should have spent studying catching up on all the "new" episodes (9th, 10th, and 11th doctors)... and I am now fairly regularly...

(spoiler alert for first two episodes this season/series below)

so anyways, to sum up, what the hell is going on?! I wondered during the first episode if we were getting a glimpse at the season finale, and I'm now more convinced of it... it seems like they are going to use the first two episodes to throw out a whole bunch of loose ends, and now are going back into a standard "random adventure" episode tonight (I think the new episode already has shown over there, I'll see it in 4 hours in the US)

so yea... if anyone else watches the show and wants to prognosticate about what's going on, here's a thread for that...

Old 08.05.2011, 08:52 AM
All Pro

Would love to procrastinate about it. I hope you've all watched the most recent episode, this post contains a little spoiler!!

I thought the first and second episodes were good and tantalising. Especially the ending of the 2nd episode. It's leading to believe that Amy is in fact pregnant and the space suit child is hers? And a timelord? Confusing I know. They obviously can't tell the doctor about witnessing his death in his future which means we'll have an interesting series finale.

Last nights episode was pretty good fun as well. Interesting that the woman spoke to Amy again then closed the shutter. Not sure what thats leading to.

Any one else with any opinions/insights?
Old 08.05.2011, 09:22 AM
MVP

I thought the first two episodes would of worked better if they showed them back to back but I've loved the series so far.

I have no idea about the regenerating girl but i'm thinking it's misdirection that it's Amy's.
Old 08.05.2011, 12:03 PM
GOAT

Riversong and the Doctor are meeting in the wrong order. . the girl is riversong.

I am still reserving judgment on whether I like the new writers or not.
Old 08.05.2011, 12:22 PM
All Pro

If you've got kids, here's an idea for some entertainment. Whilst they're asleep, draw hash marks on their little hands and faces. Wait for them to wake up and enjoy the screaming.
Old 08.05.2011, 05:10 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg View Post
Riversong and the Doctor are meeting in the wrong order. . the girl is riversong.

Riversong. Reversing (wrong order). Reserving.

That's obviously Dusty Bin and so yes, Ted, stop wiggling your fingers, I'm rejecting that one in the hope I'll find the Austin Allegro or the Meaning of Life later on.
Old 08.05.2011, 05:54 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by menominee View Post
Riversong. Reversing (wrong order). Reserving.

That's obviously Dusty Bin and so yes, Ted, stop wiggling your fingers, I'm rejecting that one in the hope I'll find the Austin Allegro or the Meaning of Life later on.
what???. . .
Old 08.05.2011, 07:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:

Interesting hypothesis Sy. Hadn't thought of that one to be honest. But seems perfectly feasible. Would beg the question though of why when we first meet River Song and she dies, she doesn't regenerate!
Old 08.05.2011, 08:19 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalex View Post
Interesting hypothesis Sy. Hadn't thought of that one to be honest. But seems perfectly feasible. Would beg the question though of why when we first meet River Song and she dies, she doesn't regenerate!
could be ran out of lives?
Old 08.05.2011, 08:39 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
what???. . .
Surely you're aware of the eighteenth century hymnodist William Cowper?

"Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain."

Which begat the 1980s ITV Saturday night prime-time gameshow 3-2-1 starring Ted Rogers. Who was quite a keen Conservative.

You disappoint me.