Choice of 3 teams? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > New to the NFL?

Old 09.05.2011, 06:15 PM
Pro

Default Choice of 3 teams?

I can't seem to stay with 1 team after watching the NFL now for 5 years, the 3 teams I like the most are the Chiefs, Packers and Jets, there's not alot I really dislike about any of them, is there any info that makes 1 of these teams a better choice then the others?

Last edited by JOHN_P; 14.10.2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09.05.2011, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

If you've seen all 3 play numerous times then its hard to tell you which one to go for, I'd have thought that watching them play would give you the best idea of what the teams are like.

They're all reasonable playoff contenders who will no doubt be throwing their hat in the ring over the next few seasons.

The Chiefs are the biggest underdogs of the 3 - they turned it around last year after a lackluster performance in 2009. Although looking at their 2011 schedule its pretty tough, so don't hold your breath for an amazing record. They're not a very commonly followed team in the UK either. So if you like the idea of cheering for an outsider then the Chiefs might be your team.

The Jets made a great run last year and showed flashes of brilliance. They're an exciting franchise and are definitely hungry for success now. To say the Jets coach, Rex Ryan, is a character is an understatement and a half! He's a no-nonsense guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, although his style is not to everyones tastes. He's a fan of the trash talk and isn't afraid to whip up the media with some Patriot-baiting. If that doesn't float your boat then I'd stay away, but otherwise they're an exciting team to follow.

The Ravens continue to be a high-caliber outfit with plenty of star-quality ont heir roster. The big names and personalities of guys like Lewis, Suggs and Flacco make the Ravens an exciting team to watch. The Ravens are also a defence heavy team with a focus on smashmouth, bluecollar, big hits football. Their annual series against the Steelers is always a physical affair and is one of the most exciting rivalries in the league. I suppose their relatively recent Super Bowl victory makes them the least 'underdoggy' of the 3 if that sort of thing matters to you.

I'd also recommend as many others have on threads like this that you go take a look at Nfl-360.com and take a look at the teams pages there. It'll help you get more of a flavour for each team's history and style which should help. Hope that helps and let us know when you make your decision
Old 09.05.2011, 08:47 PM
All Pro

Chiefs! Great fans at arrowhead, and on the up im sure!
Old 10.05.2011, 07:43 AM
Pro Bowler

If you can't decide between the three on on-field performance alone, try giving some thought to a few other issues (coming from a long-term fan pondering a new team, on-field aint everything!)

Management - Steve Biscotti (Ravens) is probably one of the least frustrating owners in the NFL today. Read the book "Next Man up", if you want a fair example of how he runs the ship (and also a brief history of the team, without a bunch of Browns fans moaning!). You won't have to deal with a lot of the childish antics that you'd get with, say, a Dan Snyder type.

However, if you want big personalities the Jets are a great choice. Their HC is basically a living cartoon. He's a really funny guy whose press-confrences are always worth a watch. Plus, they endeared themselves to me no end by making Tom Brady look like a whimpy schoolgirl!

City - Which town would ou be happy to visit repeatedly? The Jet have the obvious NY connection, so a great vacation choice if you're going to be going frequently. The Chiefs, on the other hand.... well, I don't remember the last time I heard someone talk about their dream-trip to Kansas...
Old 10.05.2011, 07:47 AM
Hall of Fame

Jets are arrogant tools who have had no real success but talk a good game. If you love cocky teams they are the ones to go for.

Ravens are hard hitting on the D and getting their on the O, much more classy than the Jets organisation as well. Perenial contender and always good to watch.

Chiefs - barren area where stadium is, but awesome atmpsphere and team on the rise.
A good old loveable underdog!
Old 10.05.2011, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN_P View Post
I can't seem to stay with 1 team after watching the NFL now for 5 years, the 3 teams I like the most are the Chiefs, Ravens and Jets, theres not alot I really dislike about any of them, is there any info that makes 1 of these teams a better choice then the others?
I was wondering does that P in your name stand for Prescott. If so, i think the Ravens would be a good team for you as they have a good one two punch with a decent offence and are a pronouned great defence with intense aggression.
Old 10.05.2011, 09:14 PM
All Pro

Do you have a favourite player that plays for one of the teams or a favourite coach etc? If so I'd go for that team. Part of the reason I became a Broncos fan was because I liked John Elway and enjoyed watching him play.

If you are still struggling to decide then you could see who has the better season this year out of those 3 and choose that team, that way the team chooses you. There's always drawing a name from a hat as well lol.
Old 11.05.2011, 08:28 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
City - Which town would ou be happy to visit repeatedly? The Jet have the obvious NY connection, so a great vacation choice if you're going to be going frequently. The Chiefs, on the other hand.... well, I don't remember the last time I heard someone talk about their dream-trip to Kansas...
Kansas City isn't in Kansas its in Missouri
Old 11.05.2011, 09:32 AM
Pro Bowler

That famous vacation hotspot! :-p
It reminds me of that bit in Wayne's World where they first get blue-screen and get all excited about being in NYC or acting like Cowboys, then can't think of anything to say about being in Delaware.
Old 11.05.2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesHSG View Post
Kansas City isn't in Kansas its in Missouri
Yup Although there is a Kansas City in Kansas as well, just 5 miles away from the Kansas City in Missouri... Just to confuse things further!