Ohio State Buckeyes vacate all 2010 victories - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 09.07.2011, 12:06 PM
MVP

Default Ohio State Buckeyes vacate all 2010 victories

................including the Sugar Bowl. All self imposed though. Still bowl eligible this year and no scholarship reduction.

Will the NCAA give them the USC treatment or are they spanking their own backsides in the hope of avoiding that out come?

IMO the NCAA should never have allowed Pryor and the others to play in the Sugar. Now they look stupid and OHU will pay dearly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6749330

Last edited by Bretts; 09.07.2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09.07.2011, 12:27 PM
Team Captain

The NCAA have well and truly made idiots of themselves. The 5 didn't deserve to be in the Sugar bowl and how must Arkansas feel?
Old 09.07.2011, 12:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studa Scmit View Post
The NCAA have well and truly made idiots of themselves. The 5 didn't deserve to be in the Sugar bowl and how must Arkansas feel?
I was gobsmacked at the time when they said the 5 could play in the Sugar but banned at the beginning of this season.

Arkansas got shafted, the NCAA has egg all over its face and OSU will have to take the fall for the NCAA allowing the 5 to play.

However, OSU should have pulled them out of that game themselves.
Old 09.07.2011, 12:51 PM
Team Captain

This is what irritates me. They appear to take the high road by wiping out last years results after they have taken the financial reward. The high road would have been them suspending the 5 for the SB.
Old 09.07.2011, 04:57 PM
All Pro

Also Ohio State has thrown Tressel under the bus now by saying the NCAA recommended that he be removed as most of this was caused by him without the knowledge of the university. Seems as if Ohio State are trying to save a hefty sanction which the NCAA I am sure will enjoy delivering

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...osed-sanctions
Old 09.07.2011, 04:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studa Scmit View Post
This is what irritates me. They appear to take the high road by wiping out last years results after they have taken the financial reward. The high road would have been them suspending the 5 for the SB.
Couldn't agree more!! Well said!! Ohio State and taking the high road don't mix well together.
Old 09.07.2011, 05:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
I was gobsmacked at the time when they said the 5 could play in the Sugar but banned at the beginning of this season.

Arkansas got shafted, the NCAA has egg all over its face and OSU will have to take the fall for the NCAA allowing the 5 to play.

However, OSU should have pulled them out of that game themselves.
How'd Arkansas get shafted? They had a chance to win the game? You'd really take honor in a victory over a rag-tag Ohio State team instead of getting them mano-a-mano? All I heard from Arkansas during the build-up to the Sugar Bowl was "we want Ohio State at it's strongest so the victory will mean something and they won't make excuses when they lose." Well Arkansas got that and lost - I doubt they'd parade around a trophy if they beat the Ohio State replacements.
Old 09.07.2011, 06:32 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
How'd Arkansas get shafted? They had a chance to win the game? You'd really take honor in a victory over a rag-tag Ohio State team instead of getting them mano-a-mano? All I heard from Arkansas during the build-up to the Sugar Bowl was "we want Ohio State at it's strongest so the victory will mean something and they won't make excuses when they lose." Well Arkansas got that and lost - I doubt they'd parade around a trophy if they beat the Ohio State replacements.
lol! you dont believe that do you? Thats just pre game bravado and trying not to look like whingers. I bet behind closed doors they were far from happy at the situation.

They would have been happy with the win regardless of who did or didnt play, otherwsie you might as well argue that anyone who's played USC while under sactions should just see it as a hollow victory.
Old 10.07.2011, 01:59 PM
Starter

Haha what a ******** of a "penalty" they are trying to impose on themselves.
Why don't they vacate all the millions of dollars they made last year?

I hope THE NCAA hits THE OU big time..
Old 11.07.2011, 08:49 PM
Hall of Fame

We have to take whatever hit the NCAA doles out and move on, we werent going to win a National with Jim in near future so lets rebuild.

Let the haters have their moment to whine and lets come out fighting this season, the only consolation at moment is that we still arent as bad as Michigan