So who are the neutrals cheering for and why? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:34 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
OMG I usually agree with you but this time im totally against you!

Boston has culture, great transport, nice people and room to breathe.

New York is tacky and over crowded.

Im biased i love the city of Boston!
Boston has Great culture, is nice and the people are nice and friendly until it comes to sport when those nice people go missing and some real, not allowed to swear due to previous infractions, idiots turn up
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:34 PM
Magnitude's Avatar
Magnitude Magnitude is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 10.01.2008
Posts: 16,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
OMG I usually agree with you but this time im totally against you! Boston has culture, great transport, nice people and room to breathe. New York is tacky and over crowded. Im biased i love the city of Boston!
Yeah how anyone can like NY over Boston is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famoussaskid View Post
Presumably...your not a neutral? lol.
He's a Raider! it's customary for people to change helmets to root for their chosen team in the week coming up to the big game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
The Giants because i love New York
The Giants because i really dont want to see the next 10 years dominated by a Brady/Montana debate
The Giants because the Pats had a great old school uniform which they dumped for that crap they wear now
Giants cos I'm a hater
Fixed that for you

I suspect most neutrals will be anti-Patriots. Though with us being the media and public underdog, I do wonder if that will start to change come game time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:36 PM
HolyRoller10's Avatar
HolyRoller10 HolyRoller10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 26.10.2008
Posts: 13,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
OMG I usually agree with you but this time im totally against you!

Boston has culture, great transport, nice people and room to breathe.

New York is tacky and over crowded.

Im biased i love the city of Boston!
Yeah, some culture...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e9Hh7y8o4Y
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:37 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Boston has Great culture, is nice and the people are nice and friendly until it comes to sport when those nice people go missing and some real, not allowed to swear due to previous infractions, idiots turn up
that last comment is fair for New York, Boston, Philly and a few others.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:38 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post
Yeah how anyone can like NY over Boston is beyond me.


He's a Raider! it's customary for people to change helmets to root for their chosen team in the week coming up to the big game.

Fixed that for you

I suspect most neutrals will be anti-Patriots. Though with us being the media and public underdog, I do wonder if that will start to change come game time.
lol just because some of us realise that Brady may be over rated( that maybe should be he is but heh thats my opinion) doesnt make us haters.

Ive said it before, your a great decade team and you have a future hof coach and QB but thats it.

Maybe if you lot took those chips of your shoulders and unwind your knickers you may realise that
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:39 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
lol just because some of us realise that Brady may be over rated( that maybe should be he is but heh thats my opinion) doesnt make us haters.

Ive said it before, your a great decade team and you have a future hof coach and QB but thats it.

Maybe if you lot took those chips of your shoulders and unwind your knickers you may realise that
Hang on that middle line suggests Brady is the one on the field carrying his team yet you say he is over-rated?!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:41 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
that last comment is fair for New York, Boston, Philly and a few others.
Yes thats true, everyone has their experiences and mine happened in Boston. Just one of those things sadly
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:41 PM
vann_mcelroy's Avatar
vann_mcelroy vann_mcelroy is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 23.08.2004
Posts: 17,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Sheer brilliance

That clip just reminded me of why I hate Good Will Hunting and Fever Pitch

Boston Legal gets a pass cos of Billy Shatner.

Last edited by vann_mcelroy; 02.02.2012 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:42 PM
Montanamagic's Avatar
Montanamagic Montanamagic is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 09.08.2007
Posts: 14,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Hang on that middle line suggests Brady is the one on the field carrying his team yet you say he is over-rated?!
Browns fan. You have to cut them some slack. Frustration central over there.

It's gotta be painful.....

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:42 PM
Arabiandisco's Avatar
Arabiandisco Arabiandisco is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 2,287
Default

I've been to NY, but never to Boston - Boston's pretty high on my list though. I liked NY, but I wouldn't say I'm falling over myself to go back.

I'm probably cheering for the Pats, mostly because of the NFCCG - not that there's a sense of injustice or anything, I just don't want to cheer for the team that put the 49ers out (I was right behind the Giants in SB42, though). And Brady was apparently a 49ers fan as a kid.

I don't buy this stuff I've read (elsewhere) about not wanting any QB other than Joe to have 4 rings. It's not like Tom having 4 will devalue it.

Giants have a nicer uniform, though. Love that shade of blue.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 06:47 AM.