So who are the neutrals cheering for and why? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:43 PM
joe_steelers43's Avatar
joe_steelers43 joe_steelers43 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 29.04.2009
Posts: 43
Default

I would have to say the Giants as they are the underdogs and never looked like making the superbowl a few weeks ago or so. But first and foremost lets hope its a closely contested game!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:44 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanamagic View Post
Browns fan. You have to cut them some slack. Frustration central over there.

It's gotta be painful.....

Indeed, Tim Couch, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, The Drive, The Fumble, The Move.............im impressed they arent all in mental asylums
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:47 PM
vann_mcelroy's Avatar
vann_mcelroy vann_mcelroy is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 23.08.2004
Posts: 17,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Indeed, Tim Couch, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, The Drive, The Fumble, The Move.............im impressed they arent all in mental asylums

They once thought Brady Quinn was the saviour.

Anyone who thought that BEFORE he had played in the NFL deserves to be in a nuthouse regardless.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:47 PM
Magnitude's Avatar
Magnitude Magnitude is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 10.01.2008
Posts: 16,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Hang on that middle line suggests Brady is the one on the field carrying his team yet you say he is over-rated?!
Lee, everyone! Ever the contrarian p
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:48 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Hang on that middle line suggests Brady is the one on the field carrying his team yet you say he is over-rated?!
I dont see how that suggests that to be honest.

You see the problem has always been in the past with any debate involving Brady/Manning/whoever that if you dare to suggest anything even slightly negative about Brady then you deemed a hater etc

I have no problem with saying Brady is a great QB, i dont agree with the SB BS rule as in your a better QB because you won more etc ( Bradshaw has to be better than Brady then if them are the rules) and as for Canton well i dont make the rules but he is bound to get in
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:53 PM
Packman12's Avatar
Packman12 Packman12 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 19.06.2005
Posts: 16,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I dont see how that suggests that to be honest.

You see the problem has always been in the past with any debate involving Brady/Manning/whoever that if you dare to suggest anything even slightly negative about Brady then you deemed a hater etc

I have no problem with saying Brady is a great QB, i dont agree with the SB BS rule as in your a better QB because you won more etc ( Bradshaw has to be better than Brady then if them are the rules) and as for Canton well i dont make the rules but he is bound to get in
I think numerous factors determine a great QB. Techincally Brady and Manning are on the same level so the difference has to be the rings, whereas Bradshaw is along way down the list as a QB and even with 4 rings he isnt worthy of being mentioned in the GOAT debate.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:55 PM
Famoussaskid's Avatar
Famoussaskid Famoussaskid is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 20.10.2011
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post
He's a Raider! it's customary for people to change helmets to root for their chosen team in the week coming up to the big game.
Wasn't aware. Cheers.

I'm 2 new I'll stick with my Hero Helmet for now to save confussion...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02.02.2012, 09:59 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
I think numerous factors determine a great QB. Techincally Brady and Manning are on the same level so the difference has to be the rings, whereas Bradshaw is along way down the list as a QB and even with 4 rings he isnt worthy of being mentioned in the GOAT debate.
I agree which is why the rings debate is nonsense IMO
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02.02.2012, 10:00 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

As for the Browns well when you had the greatest team to have ever played pro football in any era its hard to keep that up
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02.02.2012, 10:01 PM
DidierJones's Avatar
DidierJones DidierJones is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 16.07.2007
Posts: 1,253
Default

I will probably support the Giants but you've gotta take your hat off to Brady if he gets it done again!

The only fear ive got for the Giants is that Belichick and Brady will be looking for revenge after last time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:28 PM.