Saints Fans Uk facebook page - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Old 01.05.2013, 01:15 PM
Team Captain

I've got the quote here. Price per person is £2389 (single), £1889 (double), £1819 (triple), £1779 (quad).

That includes flights (United Airlines, Heathrow->Newark->NO on the 9th, NO->Houston->Heathrow on the 18th), airport transfers, hotel (9 nights at NO Hyatt Regency), game tickets for Cowboys @ Saints on the 10th and 49ers @ Saints on the 17th, 'Saints Tailgate party x 2', LSU visit and stadium tour, swamp tour, a high school football game plus 'trip gifts' and 'tour manager services'.

It looks pretty reasonable for what it is. I'm trying to work out whether I can realistically afford it this year or not.
Old 02.05.2013, 09:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathrael View Post
I've got the quote here. Price per person is £2389 (single), £1889 (double), £1819 (triple), £1779 (quad).

That includes flights (United Airlines, Heathrow->Newark->NO on the 9th, NO->Houston->Heathrow on the 18th), airport transfers, hotel (9 nights at NO Hyatt Regency), game tickets for Cowboys @ Saints on the 10th and 49ers @ Saints on the 17th, 'Saints Tailgate party x 2', LSU visit and stadium tour, swamp tour, a high school football game plus 'trip gifts' and 'tour manager services'.

It looks pretty reasonable for what it is. I'm trying to work out whether I can realistically afford it this year or not.
That sounds pretty good but is way too expensive for me. Looking at flights from edinburgh to newark and then to nola which is coming out under £600 at the moment.
Old 02.05.2013, 02:29 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSQh View Post
That sounds pretty good but is way too expensive for me. Looking at flights from edinburgh to newark and then to nola which is coming out under £600 at the moment.
It's certainly pushing on too expensive for me too. Flights do seem to be around £600, but I suspect the main possible saving for a similar trip would be on accommodation. No idea what that's like in NO in general though - I haven't visited yet, which is why an arranged trip is quite appealing. But definitely expensive.
Old 21.05.2013, 07:52 AM
Rookie

Just a practical question on this, how are you able to secure tickets in advance I was under the impression they are all sold out every year and so the only option is the secondary market.

In which case, if the secondary market was used - everyone will be jumbled up all around the stadium?

In principal I actually really like the idea, especially the LSU tour and college football game chucked in. The price doesn't seem unreasonable but you do need to add at least another £1000 for money while you are out there making it closer to £3389 for the trip in its entirety.
Old 31.05.2013, 03:24 AM
All Pro

From my understanding Sports Travel Tours has several season tickets. As for actual locations in the stadium I'm unsure but there's not a bad seat in the Superdome!
Old 03.06.2013, 06:08 PM
Starter

I am going with Sports Travel Tours to the Saints game on sept 22 against the cardinals and will be sat in the corner section on the lower level.
Old 30.08.2013, 12:45 PM
Pro

Hey all, having done a few STT trips and I also my own ones, I think the best advice is that if you have never been to see the Saints before and can afford it, then STT is a great no worries option. Even if you havnt been before, you could still organise your own trip pretty easily including tix through the NFL ticket exchange (which is a fantastic service - believe me it beats hanging round the Dome haggling for tickets). Flight options for Brits to New Orleans are pretty limited cost wise unless you put some real time in, but its usually United via Houston, Newark or Washington Dulles that will get you there faster than any one else - but its very rarely a discount fare as its a two leg flight. The price STT are charging is not bad if you are sharing (even compared to your own organised one), but its a fair bit more expensive when you are going as a single. The STT trip this year will be very special as the later game times and two teams (outside our division) we very much do not like will really make this a special atmosphere.
Old 30.08.2013, 02:09 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaley View Post
Flight options for Brits to New Orleans are pretty limited cost wise unless you put some real time in, but its usually United via Houston, Newark or Washington Dulles that will get you there faster than any one else - but its very rarely a discount fare as its a two leg flight. .
yup all that, Wahington Dules has a reasonable BBQ joint in one of the halls, went once or twice by Atlanta too, which is just a short hop and has a popeyes. 600 is petty much as cheap as it gets for a reasonable travel time, there is talk of making New Orleans a proper international airport but it is still talk.

can't speak to the game ticket prices but the accommodation in NO is plentiful and cheap all week then sky rockets over the weekend especially during festivals and home games.

So what if your spread across the dome? that just means there will be three of four more groups of people trying to take you for a drink after the game, and they will.

Single seems a little pricey buy I'm sure that's single occupancy room supplements on the weekend, other than that I think it's a fair enough price for an amazing few days. Not cheap, but fair.
Old 28.08.2014, 04:12 PM
Pro

Default New to the forum

Hi all fellow Who Dats!!!

Been a Saints fan for many years now but only just made my way onto this site after buying tickets for my first International Series game this September!

I am a member of a massive mainly US Who Dat Group on facebook but would love to join this UK one

Edit: Just noticed its a like page but still , Glad to be here

Last edited by AndrewWLees; 28.08.2014 at 04:16 PM.