Champions League Thread - Page 76 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 11.04.2014, 10:29 PM
All Pro

Seems to me that if you dare to post an opinion not shared by the fans of team you're posting about, (going by todays example, Chelsea) prepare to be hounded by those people with accusations of bitterness, trolling and jealousy, with precious little in the way of counterpoint.

I've learned that lesson, and shall move on.

Last edited by jimbobjoylove; 11.04.2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11.04.2014, 10:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
Seems to me that if you dare to post an opinion not shared by the fans of team you're posting about, (going by todays example, Chelsea) prepare to be hounded by those people with accusations of bitterness, trolling and jealousy, with precious little in the way of counterpoint.

Without rehashing everything out that's already been said there has been plenty of counterpoint - if you choose to ignore it that's your issue . Certainly not going to keep squabbling about it
Old 11.04.2014, 10:50 PM
MVP

Quote:

Or you know, if people post negative points about a club others support then they may not agree with it. Makes sense to me.

There becomes a point whereby the constant negative comments about Chelsea, they are lucky, they don't play nice stuff, why would anyone like them? that it becomes tedious and annoying.

Chelsea win it's because they are lucky or got an easy draw, they lose and it's hahahaha.
Old 11.04.2014, 11:01 PM
All Pro

If anyone needs an excuse to hate Chelsea just mention the plastic flags and you're sorted.

Just sayin'
Old 11.04.2014, 11:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
Or you know, if people post negative points about a club others support then they may not agree with it. Makes sense to me.

There becomes a point whereby the constant negative comments about Chelsea, they are lucky, they don't play nice stuff, why would anyone like them? that it becomes tedious and annoying.

Chelsea win it's because they are lucky or got an easy draw, they lose and it's hahahaha.
Which is fine if they disagree. But me posting one thing this morning about modern football using Chelsea is an example but was actually a wider view on PSG/Man City/Chelsea - and clearly stated as such - lead to three Chelsea fans jumping on it with a barrage of replies and played their part (and me) in taking it down the path we had. I should be allowed the chance to respond and backup the opinion, not castigated for replying.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree it gets tedious and annoying if you've been on this thread a while and see the same stuff posted (passing out the handshake here, even for Chelsea fans ), but at the same time I can't be responsible for what others have posted about Chelsea in the thread prior to me arriving.

Last edited by jimbobjoylove; 11.04.2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11.04.2014, 11:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Which is fine if they disagree. But me posting one thing this morning about modern football using Chelsea is an example but was actually a wider view on PSG/Man City/Chelsea - and clearly stated as such - lead to three Chelsea fans jumping on it with a barrage of replies and played their part in taking it down the path we had. I should be allowed the chance to respond and backup the opinion, not castigated for replying.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree it gets tedious and annoying if you've been on this thread a while and see the same stuff posted (passing out the handshake here, even for Chelsea fans ), apologies if some of the modern football points replicate what's already been said by others in years past but at the same time I can't be responsible for what others have posted about Chelsea in the thread prior to me arriving.
Why is such a big deal made out of style of play? a successful style of play is a good one. An unsuccessful one is a poor one.

I never comment on rivals because I know I have clear bias, I mean I really dislike Forest!

But let's be honest since winning the quarter final in dramatic fashion, entertaining fashion and also with a very good performance, the responses have been, well you should have won anyway, that's what happens when you get an easy draw, then they draw Atletico and it's, what a surprise they get lucky again.

This is why I can see it can be annoying for Chelsea fans.

Last edited by james1b; 11.04.2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11.04.2014, 11:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Why is such a big deal made out of style of play? a successful style of play is a good one. An unsuccessful one is a poor one.

I never comment on rivals because I know I have clear bias, I mean I really dislike Forest!

But let's be honest since winning the quarter final in dramatic fashion, entertaining fashion and also with a very good performance, the responses have been, well you should have won anyway, that's what happens when you get an easy draw, then they draw Atletico and it's, what a surprise they get lucky again.

Well, I never actually moaned about their style of play, that was others. For what it's worth I have no issues with how any team wants to play; my point was on something else entirely. Certain styles are pleasing to the neutral, sure, but I don't believe there's ever a 'correct' way to play whether you're Barca or Allardyce's hoofball. (although my view is different when it's my team, West Ham, but that's because of our traditions, and the fanbase is 50-50 split on that front anyway)

Fully agreed on the rest of your post. All good.
Old 11.04.2014, 11:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Well, I never actually moaned about their style of play, that was others. For what it's worth I have no issues with how any team wants to play; my point was on something else entirely. Certain styles are pleasing to the neutral, sure, but I don't believe there's ever a 'correct' way to play whether you're Barca or Allardyce's hoofball. (although my view is different when it's my team, West Ham, but that's because of our traditions, and the fanbase is 50-50 split on that front anyway)

Fully agreed on the rest of your post. All good.
Yes and although I was replying to you I wasn't targeting you in particular more just making a general point about why Chelsea fans may have got a bit snappy
Old 11.04.2014, 11:31 PM
GOAT

Quote:

i agree to a point, for me budget/level plays a part in whether a side could be playing better stuff.

i would never of knocked old Stoke/Bolton but its diffferent when you get to cherry pick with a large balance.

but those things are true
and this is a discussion about the CL, as i said if this was a Chelsea site then i would agree that the comments are pointless.

Chelsea fans are free to disagree (forums are no fun if everyone agreed) but i dont see the need to take random low shots.
Old 11.04.2014, 11:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
i agree to a point, for me budget/level plays a part in whether a side could be playing better stuff.

i would never of knocked old Stoke/Bolton but its diffferent when you get to cherry pick with a large balance.

but those things are true
and this is a discussion about the CL, as i said if this was a Chelsea site then i would agree that the comments are pointless.

Chelsea fans are free to disagree (forums are no fun if everyone agreed) but i dont see the need to take random low shots.
But what is better stuff? Chelsea pass it around, they create chances, they are organised at the back. They play excellent stuff it doesn't need to be better.

They are true in your mind but not in a lot of other peoples. I'm not really sure why what kind of site it is makes a difference, it's just opinions wherever you go.

Yes one comment was a bit of a low shot but as I say the constant negativity headed in their direction that came about due to success was fairly high.