Falcons/Texans - the real deal? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 08.10.2012, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default Falcons/Texans - the real deal?

So we're left with 2 undefeated teams, the falcons and texans. Of course the texans face the jets tonight but on paper they should come through that little test.

Now usually at this point in a season an undefeated team would be billed as one of the favourites to win it all, but are either of these teams legit?

On the one hand, both have put up points and looked solid, the texans pronably more do than Atlanta. On the other hand, their opponents thus far have not had a winning record between them. The falcons only just overcame the panthers and the texans were given a game by the broncos.

Personally I think the texans are the stronger of the 2, but I'd take the 4-1 niners and bears over either undefeated team, along with the 3-2 patriots and possibly the giants - i'd certainly take the giants over atlanta.

Anyone else think their records are flattering to deceive? Or are they for real?
Old 08.10.2012, 08:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Texans yes, Falcons no.

Falcons are one and done in the play-offs, especially if they meet a strong running team.

Every year they get there. Every year they fold.

Texans have it all there. They will be in the AFCCG this season.
Old 08.10.2012, 08:58 AM
All Pro

I doubt either will go undefeated but at the beginning of the year I picked the Texans to make the superbowl and the Falcons to win their division (Ryan needs to get that 1st playoff win) so no surprise that they are playing so well.

Remember the Texans just lost the divisional game last year with a rookie qb so I don't think anybody can be surprised about them.
Old 08.10.2012, 08:58 AM
All Pro

I think the Texans are the real deal... As long as the 'Big 3' stay fit and healthy on offence, then I can really see them getting deep into the playoffs!

Not 100% on the Falcons yet, I haven't honestly seen to much of them, (apart from when they beat the Broncos, but that was down to Manning's 1st Quarter wobble more than anything) they haven't had the most difficult of schedules so far, but can still see them getting to 12-4 maybe? I think there are still better teams in the NFC.

EDIT: I also picked the Texans to win the Superbowl this year. Even backed them with a little wager.

Last edited by CJayDixon; 08.10.2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08.10.2012, 09:50 AM
Hall of Fame

Both teams are helped by the teams in their division struggling so they should walk into the playoffs, Texans will be very hard to beat and the Ravens look the only team consistent enough to beat them although the Patriots are always a threat.

Falcons looks improved on last year and are a good outfit but are hard to take seriously after week 17 until they prove they can win playoff games. They are open to being beaten by the more experienced playoff teams like the Giants.
Old 08.10.2012, 10:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Texans are the toast of the NFL at the minute and rightly so. They are the team to beat. The Texans with Matt Schaub under centre have been an unstoppable force.

Falcons I worry that if a good offense rolls into town with a D who can get pressure on Ryan then they are vunerable. Like what the Giants did to them in the playoffs last year.
Old 08.10.2012, 10:02 AM
Pro

What is the 'real deal?'

Potential Superbowl winners? If so, yes.

Both teams have very good defenses. Both teams have excellent QBs. Running games are elite. Plus. the Special Teams do their jobs.

I think Texans are slightly better overall but the Falcons offense is possibly the best in the league.

49ers are the joint best team in the league with these two teams.

Bears would be close if they had an offensive line.

Pats. Not far away but not sold on their defense.
Old 08.10.2012, 10:10 AM
All Pro

The only thing i would say about the texans is lets see when they play a team who can stop their running game.

Schaub does not throw it a lot, lets see if they prove it when they can run the ball.

I think they can prove it but we will wait and see
Old 08.10.2012, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael roberts View Post
49ers are the joint best team in the league with these two teams.
Really? I think the niners are a level above Atlanta. The texans would give them a game though I'm sure.
Old 08.10.2012, 10:13 AM
All Pro

Agree with the consensus that the Texans are the stronger of the two. They look set to have a decent shot at a championship this season baring major injuries.

Not sold on the Falcons. If they could get homefield in the playoffs they might have a shot at the Superbowl. But I don't think they'll get the no.1 seed, the 49ers are the strongest team in the NFC for me and will have the best record.

And neither team will be undefeated.