Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 53 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 06.10.2014, 09:34 AM
Starter

The way the teams approached each individual driver at the finish my first thought was that it was a fatal incident. So glad to hear that he is doing ok and a great response from other drivers when people were trying to interview them and the response was: racing is not important at this point. That's really classy and even though part of it is training for pr when they join f1 you could tell they were shocked and were worried for jules.
I guess it kind of makes them think about their own fragility whilst in an f1 car aswell.
Old 06.10.2014, 01:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
I don't think the cameras actually picked up him spinning off. Sky didn't show it at all, not even as it happened or before the gravity of it all was realised.
I was watching the race. No one knew in the commentary box that anyone else had gone off. They knew Sutil had crashed and they could see that he was okay. And when they showed pictures of the crash scene, there was no sign of another car there.
Old 06.10.2014, 04:43 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
I was watching the race. No one knew in the commentary box that anyone else had gone off. They knew Sutil had crashed and they could see that he was okay. And when they showed pictures of the crash scene, there was no sign of another car there.
I thought that at first, because the only camera that seemed to be covering that part of the track was situated so that the CAT digger was between the camera & Bianchi's car.

I've just seen footage of the crash & there was another camera right there, but for some reason (no idea why) it wasn't either seen by us. Director decided not to show it or it wasn't being fed into the commentators booth.
Old 06.10.2014, 05:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Trooper UK View Post
I thought that at first, because the only camera that seemed to be covering that part of the track was situated so that the CAT digger was between the camera & Bianchi's car.

I've just seen footage of the crash & there was another camera right there, but for some reason (no idea why) it wasn't either seen by us. Director decided not to show it or it wasn't being fed into the commentators booth.
On the BBC coverage the comms didn't know, but they kept cutting to the Murussia team and their garage, so obviously someone knew. It was strange that no one questioned that, or why the medical car was on track, when Sutil was clearly standing around unhurt. Well after the race was finished, Coulthard said Bianchi 'has gone missing on track', so he was still oblivious to it at that stage.

He must have hit the CAT digger not long after Sutil went off, because the digger was sat still for most of the TV coverage.
Old 06.10.2014, 05:34 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
On the BBC coverage the comms didn't know, but they kept cutting to the Murussia team and their garage, so obviously someone knew. It was strange that no one questioned that, or why the medical car was on track, when Sutil was clearly standing around unhurt. Well after the race was finished, Coulthard said Bianchi 'has gone missing on track', so he was still oblivious to it at that stage.

He must have hit the CAT digger not long after Sutil went off, because the digger was sat still for most of the TV coverage.
He spanked into at quite a high speed - fast enough to lift the back end of the CAT off the floor.
If it is against forum rules to post this, please remove it.

http://gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra#
Old 06.10.2014, 06:18 PM
GOAT

that looks nasty, the speed is very odd considering it would of been a yellow flag area.

it seems like a real freak accident.
Old 06.10.2014, 06:26 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
that looks nasty, the speed is very odd considering it would of been a yellow flag area.

it seems like a real freak accident.
They are waving green flags in the video.
Old 06.10.2014, 06:29 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens55 View Post
They are waving green flags in the video.
clearly i'm going blind, but in coverage would that not of been when the yellow flag indication was on screen?

this is one of the sports where my knowledge isnt as deep but surely Sutils crash would usually produce yellow flags? (then the weather added on top/)

since there are workers out there where someone has just crashed.
Old 06.10.2014, 06:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
clearly i'm going blind, but in coverage would that not of been when the yellow flag indication was on screen?

this is one of the sports where my knowledge isnt as deep but surely Sutils crash would usually produce yellow flags? (then the weather added on top/)

since there are workers out there where someone has just crashed.
Should actually be double yellows being waved with there being marshalls trackside.

Last edited by Danny Bear; 06.10.2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06.10.2014, 06:33 PM
All Pro

They won't have shown video of it because the MSA/FIA will have been crapping themselves that they've been negligent and wouldn't want video evidence to that effect beamed around the world. Hence why they appeared to have got to Sutil early doors for him to say "no comment" when asked if Bianchi's car crashed into the tractor.