Formula One thread (2013 season onwards) - Page 53 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #521  
Old 06.10.2014, 09:34 AM
connelly360's Avatar
connelly360 connelly360 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 02.05.2013
Posts: 224
Default

The way the teams approached each individual driver at the finish my first thought was that it was a fatal incident. So glad to hear that he is doing ok and a great response from other drivers when people were trying to interview them and the response was: racing is not important at this point. That's really classy and even though part of it is training for pr when they join f1 you could tell they were shocked and were worried for jules.
I guess it kind of makes them think about their own fragility whilst in an f1 car aswell.
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 06.10.2014, 01:03 PM
JensonF's Avatar
JensonF JensonF is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 03.09.2009
Posts: 6,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
I don't think the cameras actually picked up him spinning off. Sky didn't show it at all, not even as it happened or before the gravity of it all was realised.
I was watching the race. No one knew in the commentary box that anyone else had gone off. They knew Sutil had crashed and they could see that he was okay. And when they showed pictures of the crash scene, there was no sign of another car there.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 06.10.2014, 04:43 PM
Rogue Trooper UK Rogue Trooper UK is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 11.12.2013
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
I was watching the race. No one knew in the commentary box that anyone else had gone off. They knew Sutil had crashed and they could see that he was okay. And when they showed pictures of the crash scene, there was no sign of another car there.
I thought that at first, because the only camera that seemed to be covering that part of the track was situated so that the CAT digger was between the camera & Bianchi's car.

I've just seen footage of the crash & there was another camera right there, but for some reason (no idea why) it wasn't either seen by us. Director decided not to show it or it wasn't being fed into the commentators booth.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 06.10.2014, 05:22 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF View Post
I was watching the race. No one knew in the commentary box that anyone else had gone off. They knew Sutil had crashed and they could see that he was okay. And when they showed pictures of the crash scene, there was no sign of another car there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Trooper UK View Post
I thought that at first, because the only camera that seemed to be covering that part of the track was situated so that the CAT digger was between the camera & Bianchi's car.

I've just seen footage of the crash & there was another camera right there, but for some reason (no idea why) it wasn't either seen by us. Director decided not to show it or it wasn't being fed into the commentators booth.
On the BBC coverage the comms didn't know, but they kept cutting to the Murussia team and their garage, so obviously someone knew. It was strange that no one questioned that, or why the medical car was on track, when Sutil was clearly standing around unhurt. Well after the race was finished, Coulthard said Bianchi 'has gone missing on track', so he was still oblivious to it at that stage.

He must have hit the CAT digger not long after Sutil went off, because the digger was sat still for most of the TV coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 06.10.2014, 05:34 PM
Rogue Trooper UK Rogue Trooper UK is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 11.12.2013
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
On the BBC coverage the comms didn't know, but they kept cutting to the Murussia team and their garage, so obviously someone knew. It was strange that no one questioned that, or why the medical car was on track, when Sutil was clearly standing around unhurt. Well after the race was finished, Coulthard said Bianchi 'has gone missing on track', so he was still oblivious to it at that stage.

He must have hit the CAT digger not long after Sutil went off, because the digger was sat still for most of the TV coverage.
He spanked into at quite a high speed - fast enough to lift the back end of the CAT off the floor.
If it is against forum rules to post this, please remove it.

http://gfycat.com/HiddenSleepyIceblueredtopzebra#
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 06.10.2014, 06:18 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

that looks nasty, the speed is very odd considering it would of been a yellow flag area.

it seems like a real freak accident.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 06.10.2014, 06:26 PM
Ravens55's Avatar
Ravens55 Ravens55 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.10.2009
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
that looks nasty, the speed is very odd considering it would of been a yellow flag area.

it seems like a real freak accident.
They are waving green flags in the video.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 06.10.2014, 06:29 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens55 View Post
They are waving green flags in the video.
clearly i'm going blind, but in coverage would that not of been when the yellow flag indication was on screen?

this is one of the sports where my knowledge isnt as deep but surely Sutils crash would usually produce yellow flags? (then the weather added on top/)

since there are workers out there where someone has just crashed.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 06.10.2014, 06:33 PM
Danny Bear's Avatar
Danny Bear Danny Bear is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
clearly i'm going blind, but in coverage would that not of been when the yellow flag indication was on screen?

this is one of the sports where my knowledge isnt as deep but surely Sutils crash would usually produce yellow flags? (then the weather added on top/)

since there are workers out there where someone has just crashed.
Should actually be double yellows being waved with there being marshalls trackside.

Last edited by Danny Bear; 06.10.2014 at 06:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 06.10.2014, 06:33 PM
Bruce ma Goose's Avatar
Bruce ma Goose Bruce ma Goose is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.12.2005
Posts: 2,632
Default

They won't have shown video of it because the MSA/FIA will have been crapping themselves that they've been negligent and wouldn't want video evidence to that effect beamed around the world. Hence why they appeared to have got to Sutil early doors for him to say "no comment" when asked if Bianchi's car crashed into the tractor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:42 PM.