Champions League Thread - Page 180 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Sponsored Links

Old 02.06.2019, 05:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
anything would be better than letting a handball of that level have a massive impact on a final.
They've let it significantly impact a World Cup final. No game is safe from the creeping influence of VAR
Sponsored Links
Old 02.06.2019, 09:31 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
They've let it significantly impact a World Cup final. No game is safe from the creeping influence of VAR

i didnt like that call either but this one was even worse.

i really dont know why common sense has gone by the way side, there was a reason it says deliberate handball.
Old 02.06.2019, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i didnt like that call either but this one was even worse.

i really dont know why common sense has gone by the way side, there was a reason it says deliberate handball.
How many handballs are deliberate, at the end of the day? If that incident had happened anywhere else on the pitch, nobody bats an eyelid. Sissoko was daft to have his arm hung out like that, and if 3-4 ex-refs and numerous pundits (not to mention the ref at the game) think it was a penalty, I’m not going to argue...
Old 03.06.2019, 01:13 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
How many handballs are deliberate, at the end of the day? If that incident had happened anywhere else on the pitch, nobody bats an eyelid. Sissoko was daft to have his arm hung out like that, and if 3-4 ex-refs and numerous pundits (not to mention the ref at the game) think it was a penalty, I’m not going to argue...

by deliberate i would count the unnatural position too and as i said (even though he was pointing for coverage reasons) if the ball had hit the hand directly, i would of been fine with it but it deflects off his chest.
Old 04.06.2019, 06:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thought TAA was the best player on the pitch tbh. Winks and Son were the only players to turn up for Spurs. Kane was clearly nowhere near match fit, but Poch couldn’t really leave him out of the lineup...
Winks was ok but Rose was definetly our best player on the night.

even when we made the changes we seemed to struggle to generate anything but shots from outside the box.can easily say now that Kane shouldn't have been left on once we started making changes but much easier to take of others than your star even when he is so un-fit.
Old 04.06.2019, 06:46 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
nothing shot of an absolute disgrace, it would of been bad enough for a ref to make an error and give that pen. but with VAR is was a farce, the ball hits his chest first and even the deflection is a brush of the arm with the ball not even going towards goal.
it wasn't a handball as most fans would agree or like to see given but Uefa have decided that's there bench mark now and as we saw with the PSG hand ball for the united winner or Danny Rose in the man city 1st leg if it hits an arm/hand in the box from any distance then they are going to give a penalty.

in England we have had a rule where if it deflects of a chest then hits the arm it wouldn't be given but wonder if next year we go with the new interpretation.

sadly Sissoko had his arm waving around and gave the official a reason to say penalty and VAR was never going to over rule even 30 seconds into a major final.
Old 04.06.2019, 06:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
in a way taking deliberate out does help the ref's as its hard enough to be consistent these days without having to try and get into the minds of players but even with this decision it hits his chest then his arm pit area so is it even really a hand ball,its not like he steps towards or dips into the cross the ball comes straight at him.