Playoffs. Saints @ Vikings. - Page 10 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 16.01.2018, 07:34 PM
All Pro

I went to bed at half time feeling positive about the outcome. Managed to stay off social media and the Internet all day to watch the second half when I got in. When it got to the beginning of the 4th quarter it said I had 90 minutes of the program left so naturally I thought it had gone to overtime. The further and further it got along I was thinking what was going to happen a) were the Vikings going to blow it? and b) not to the Saints of all people! When that ball was caught I felt both pleasure and deep satisfaction! I felt a little bad for the Safety for about a second but not for the team as whole. When your organisation does this:

and your players do this:

you get no sympathy!
Sponsored Links
Old 16.01.2018, 07:40 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
think the idea this was all on the Safety is missing the point the Saints players just didn't seem to know what they where doing on the final play.they had 2 linebacker playing 7 yards deep in the middle of the field on a play where the Vikings where never going to throw anything into that area unless they wanted to play the lateral.
its not all on him but most of it is.

he was playing safety and he knew the situation he was in.

at best he is a dope who panicked at worse he thought it was his moment and went for a highlight reel play.

the clock was the key and letting him catch the ball and getting him down in bounds was the right move.
at worst he wriggles out of bounds in time and you still make the Vikes kick a pressure FG.
Old 16.01.2018, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
its not all on him but most of it is.

he was playing safety and he knew the situation he was in.

at best he is a dope who panicked at worse he thought it was his moment and went for a highlight reel play.

the clock was the key and letting him catch the ball and getting him down in bounds was the right move.
at worst he wriggles out of bounds in time and you still make the Vikes kick a pressure FG.
Diggs was a good 3-4 yards from the sideline, without much momentum. Should have been easy enough for Williams to bring him down in bounds...
Old 16.01.2018, 09:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Diggs was a good 3-4 yards from the sideline, without much momentum. Should have been easy enough for Williams to bring him down in bounds...
even if Williams just stops behind him and lets him catch the ball all he had to do was wrap him up and push him backwards and the game was over.
Old 17.01.2018, 12:05 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
the Saints have said they where playing the side line on that play and when you watch Williams its almost like he take's a really bad angle just trying to get between Diggs and the side line at all costs whilst forgetting there is nothing behind him.

think Jeff on Sky was great bringing up how the lack of been able to call a timeout before that play and to get every on coached up came about because of the 2 lost challenges.
That seems to explain it alright. It wasn't PI fear. He was trying to ensure that Diggs didn't get ob, as well as making the hit. Needless to say, he was unsuccessful on both counts. I hope Williams builds on his rookie season, and justifies his rookie rating in the future. He seems to be handling the 'excess notoriety' fallout well so far.
Old 21.01.2018, 10:20 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy #21 View Post
I went to bed at half time feeling positive about the outcome. Managed to stay off social media and the Internet all day to watch the second half when I got in. When it got to the beginning of the 4th quarter it said I had 90 minutes of the program left so naturally I thought it had gone to overtime. The further and further it got along I was thinking what was going to happen a) were the Vikings going to blow it? and b) not to the Saints of all people! When that ball was caught I felt both pleasure and deep satisfaction! I felt a little bad for the Safety for about a second but not for the team as whole. When your organisation does this:

and your players do this:

you get no sympathy!
And a coach who does this. Remember Sean Payton made the choke sign to a Falcons player earlier this season and the Falcons ended up winning.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/16/se...ngs-skol-chant