NFLUK 2018 7 round Mock Draft Extravaganza Chat Thread - Page 51 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 22.03.2018, 06:54 PM
All Pro

I thought so. You trade up like that if you see a player with big upside and with varying opinions.

You can't deny the potential, you can't deny he is way off the finished product.

I can see why, this year he is getting hyped, the edge rusher class stinks. Would he be a 1st rounder in a year with an average edge rusher class?
Old 22.03.2018, 07:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Just a heads up. I probably won't be around much for a couple of hours or so from from 19:15 onwards. If the Cowboys pick comes up it'll probably be knocking on towards 10 pm before I make it.

Still open to sensible (or creative) offers for pick 19 too.
Old 22.03.2018, 07:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
I thought so. You trade up like that if you see a player with big upside and with varying opinions.

You can't deny the potential, you can't deny he is way off the finished product.

I can see why, this year he is getting hyped, the edge rusher class stinks. Would he be a 1st rounder in a year with an average edge rusher class?
I'd say most likely not, but I'm not a huge fan of this draft class in general for a lot of areas. The real intrigue in the draft is whether the QBs pan out, but for the 49ers that isn't much of a factor anymore after the Jimmy G trade.

Outside of Chubb I'd say there isn't another pass rusher out there who you'd say is a definite 1st rounder any year. After Chubb it's personal preference, and while it's clear I'm not banging the table for Davenport he has the biggest upside and you can see the clear path for him to become a top edge player.
Old 22.03.2018, 07:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
I'd say most likely not, but I'm not a huge fan of this draft class in general for a lot of areas. The real intrigue in the draft is whether the QBs pan out, but for the 49ers that isn't much of a factor anymore after the Jimmy G trade.

Outside of Chubb I'd say there isn't another pass rusher out there who you'd say is a definite 1st rounder any year. After Chubb it's personal preference, and while it's clear I'm not banging the table for Davenport he has the biggest upside and you can see the clear path for him to become a top edge player.
I like Davenport. I'd possibly have taken him if Landry wasn't available.
Old 22.03.2018, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
Pick made, PM sent. Doesn't look like Paul has been on in over a week though, so Wayne if you have an alternative way to contact him it may be worth a try.
Contacted Paul on Twitter, he will be online soon...
Old 22.03.2018, 07:41 PM
All Pro

Pick made and PM sent to Seahawks owner. Hope the wait wasn't too long, didn't even realise this had started (DOH!) - Blaming work being completely mental hahaha! Wayne will keep me right!

Happy enough with my pick, went for Need over BPA due our shortage at LB, and think he would do an excellent job.
Old 22.03.2018, 07:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousPaul View Post
Pick made and PM sent to Seahawks owner. Hope the wait wasn't too long, didn't even realise this had started (DOH!) - Blaming work being completely mental hahaha! Wayne will keep me right!

Happy enough with my pick, went for Need over BPA due our shortage at LB, and think he would do an excellent job.
I really like that pick.
Old 22.03.2018, 07:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousPaul View Post

You were quick enough, good job Wayne was around to find you.
Old 22.03.2018, 08:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdimmock812 View Post
I really like that pick.
Thanks, I think he’d be a great character as well for the Chargers, and having the likes of him, Bosa, Ingram, Perryman, Hayward and Verrett would make us a scary old defence!

That’ll be my one good pick for the 7 rounds
Old 22.03.2018, 08:06 PM
Team Captain

Have accepted a trade from LesterHayes for #18 so he's on the clock

My phones playing up though so not sure that he's got my message accepting the trade deal or alerting him he's on the clock, if someone could back that up for me that'll be great. I'm about to get on the road now so will let you know details of trade later so you the commish can update the order