Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 05.02.2006, 08:28 PM
All Pro

Default Re:San Diego Super-Chargers Thread

My knowledge of the Chargers ... Godfrey, he's your number two MLB in that 3-4 right? Do you look to the draft, or to free agency to fill the hole? I had a look at the free agents list and no-one really sprung out.
Old 06.02.2006, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah Godfrey plays one of the starting inside spots. We have Wilhelm and Cooper who can fill in in spots but I'd much rather see us pickup a more established player. Looking at the free agents list theres not much that stands out but our GM seems to have a knack for finding players who fit the system. they may even try resigning Leber and moving him inside
Old 11.02.2006, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Godfrey's back!!!! ;D

Apparently seeing the Bus at the SuperBowl stirred some feelings and seeing as the chargers have the potential to be a SuperBowl team next year the desire was to strong for him to return.

Also Jacques Cesaire (DE) who lost his job to Castillo last year has resigned for 5 years. A pretty good backup.

And the team has submitted a long term offer to Brees, who knows where this goes from here though.
Old 03.03.2006, 03:32 PM
All Pro

Interesting article regarding Drew Brees...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...qbs/index.html
Old 30.04.2006, 08:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
The San Diego Chargers select cornerback Antonio Cromartie with the 19th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Cromartie is a very good athlete, with the rare addition of excellent size to go with it. He has the quickness, hips, acceleration and playing speed to stay with receivers all over the field in tight man-to-man coverage, and he can use his long arms well to break up passes. When he backpedals with bent knees, he can plant, drive and close fast on passes in front of him. He has the hands to cut in front of the receiver to make the tough interception. He has the size and strength to physically dominate receivers in press coverage -- he can slow releases and can push receivers off their routes down the field.
http://blog.chargers.com/2006/04/ant...e_qa.html#more
Old 03.05.2006, 04:24 PM
Rookie

Undrafted rookie free agents
Following the conclusion of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Chargers got busy filling in their rosters with 15 players not picked during the two-day event. Below the list of former college players that were signed following the draft.

Sean Coffey WR Missouri
Brett Elliott QB Linfield
Cletis Gordon CB Jackson St.
Gregory Steve CB Syracuse
Tyronne Gross RB Eastern Oregon
Patrick Massey DE Michigan
Brandon McKinney DT Michigan St.
Nick Mihlhauser C Washington St.
Anthony Mims CB West Virginia
Jason Murphy G Virginia Tech
Robert Ortiz WR San Diego St.
Mark Simmons WR Kansas
Alvin Smith DT Oregon St.
Bryson Sumlin RB Fresno St.
Shawn Willis FB Oklahoma St.
Old 18.05.2006, 10:35 AM

[quote author=barters link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343718 date=1132251615]
I was watching some college football today, and Brady Leafwas QBing WSU, and lo and behold Ryan 'Supercharger' Leaf was watching, what relation are they?
[/quote]

He plays for Oregon
Old 18.05.2006, 11:27 AM
Hall of Fame

[quote author=Boltman link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343116 date=1132200676]
Even if you are a Raiturd and just want to come in here to get out of your own thread, (sick of talking to other raider fans with the IQ of pondlife), which begs the question - if you are intelligent enough to want out, why are you a raiders fan?, doesn't intelligence disqualify you?, then come on in!, I don't descriminate I hate all things raider equally!. [/quote]

Oh please. Youre talking about 'Raiturds' and their low IQ then you come out with this rant. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I have a slight soft spot for the Chargers, back in 1987 after the strike games they gave my local britball team (Thames Valley Chargers) all their kits and shipped them over.

Also met former Chargers great LB Billy Ray Smith at one of the TV Chargers games , top top bloke.

Looking forward to how Phillip Rivers will do, Tomlinson is a dream to watch and the Chargers have a good team on paper.
Old 18.05.2006, 01:50 PM
All Pro

[quote author=barters link=board=1;threadid=14770;start=0#msg343718 date=1132251615]
I was watching some college football today, and Brady Leafwas QBing WSU, and lo and behold Ryan 'Supercharger' Leaf was watching, what relation are they?
[/quote]

Brady is Ryan's brother, and as Ed says, he plays for Oregon. Might well get the start for them next year, but I prefered Dennis Dixon last year. Oakland man, y'see!

PSJ - you can't blame Doltman for hating the Raiders. Oakland's AFL franchise was awarded to give poor San Diego a rival. Sadly the Dolts couldn't keep up with us, and (like the rest of the AFC West) we treat them like an also-ran. Looking forward to our home opener this year. Gonna be a LONG evening for Philip Rivers... ;D
Old 03.07.2006, 10:54 PM
All Pro

Jeez, this has got to be the deadest Division thread on the boards!

Anyway, Raiders fans, you may care to note that my prejudiced rant at the Raider fan stereotype was followed by a safety-wink .
No offence meant, (I figure due to law of averages there's bound to be a few Raider fans out there who can use words of more than 3 or 4 letters ). Again, please note the use of safety-wink.

Yeah, opening night's gonna be interesting, and while I have doubts about Rivers and our lines' ability to keep him out of hospital, Aaron Brooks can't be relishing the prospect of our front seven either.