Starting RB? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 04.09.2013, 09:05 PM
Rookie

Default Starting RB?

So whats your predictions for the Denver lead RB for this season?

Pre-season seemed a bit shaky to me, none of the backs really grabbed the role although that could have something to do with the O-line if they've not fully gelled yet (... or the fact it was just preseason).
Old 05.09.2013, 06:53 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monto View Post
So whats your predictions for the Denver lead RB for this season?

Pre-season seemed a bit shaky to me, none of the backs really grabbed the role although that could have something to do with the O-line if they've not fully gelled yet (... or the fact it was just preseason).
Pretty sure that's Pre-Season more than anything else.

Fairly certain that Montee Ball will get the nod to start, with Hillman and Moreno playing their parts also. I think it will take a few weeks for anyone to fully cement a position there.
Old 05.09.2013, 12:54 PM
Starter

I'd go with Montee too, I assume he'll be a 3 down back most of the time, the boy can pound the ball up the middle well. Ronnie will be used on the outsides more due to his pace
Old 05.09.2013, 12:57 PM
MVP

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo suggests Knowshon Moreno could be the Broncos' starting tailback Thursday night versus Baltimore.

Garafolo has spoken to "sources" who say Moreno, Montee Ball, and listed starter Ronnie Hillman will play in a three-headed committee against the Ravens, but Moreno "could be the starter" and "play the most." Moreno is Denver's best pass-protecting back, an attribute needed versus imposing Baltimore edge pass rushers Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil.
Old 05.09.2013, 01:00 PM
Starter

I agree, Knowshon is the better blocker of the three, but i know i'd prefer Montee handling the ball on the run.

We'll just have to see what J Fox decides to do.
Old 05.09.2013, 01:08 PM
MVP

I think Montee long term will be your guy..

Probably just a case of easing him in the first few weeks.

You can teach a back to block better, but he is either talented or not. Ball has the most about him of those three imo
Old 05.09.2013, 03:37 PM
All Pro

Yeah, I would have picked Ball before hearing about the injury to Dreessen as well, which further weakens our pass protection, so Moreno will no doubt get the nod. Out of the 3, he should know Doom's game the best as well!
Old 05.09.2013, 05:16 PM
Pro Bowler

My prediction

Most Yards Hillman (starter and will get most 1st 2nd down plays)

Most Receiving yardage Moreno (3rd down back, best blocker/ receiver out of backfield)

Most TDs Bell goal line power back.
Old 05.09.2013, 05:57 PM
Starter

I really don't think we will have a feature back this year, Ball needs to develop more but he can fill the role. John Fox is a fan of two backs, and let's be honest we're a pass first team now!
Old 05.09.2013, 08:48 PM
Rookie

I see Moreno taking the most snaps, all the talk seems to have been about Hillman vs. Ball this offseason but Knowshon did a solid job last year (when he was on the active roster that is). He's a hard runner and as he's the more experienced so I'd imagine he'll get the nod based on the amount of pass protection / hurry-up that'l be required. Its only a matter of time before Ball gets the keys but not sure its going to be this year - hopefully he can be an effective 3rd down / short yardage back.

Hillmans there as a change of pace guy but I'm still not sold on him being a big part of the offense.

Anyone think C.J. Anderson will become a factor once he gets healthy or is he purely back-up / special-teams?