ProTour Cycling Thread - Page 499 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 30.07.2018, 07:54 AM
All Pro

Providing he keeps up his fitness and form, I'd quite like to see Sky give Bernal the leader role for the Vuelta - already has a few notable wins this year (Tour of California, Columbian time trial championships), and has been leader at a few smaller races. 9 summit finishes during the Vuelta this year, would lend itself to someone like Bernal if he's on form...
Sponsored Links
Old 30.07.2018, 01:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Providing he keeps up his fitness and form, I'd quite like to see Sky give Bernal the leader role for the Vuelta - already has a few notable wins this year (Tour of California, Columbian time trial championships), and has been leader at a few smaller races. 9 summit finishes during the Vuelta this year, would lend itself to someone like Bernal if he's on form...
I would be surprised if Bernal has the legs for 2 grand tours in such a short space of time. Too young. If Froome doesn’t ride in Spain I think they would most likely go with Henao as leader or David de la Cruz.
Old 30.07.2018, 02:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I would be surprised if Bernal has the legs for 2 grand tours in such a short space of time. Too young. If Froome doesn’t ride in Spain I think they would most likely go with Henao as leader or David de la Cruz.
I wonder if we may see him go as a co-leader with a Henao then? He hasn't had "too" much racing in the earlier portion of the season and didn't ride the Giro, so in theory he should have been targeting the latter half the season with his fitness. Definitely intriguing to see what Sky do - also wonder if they may give Sivakov his grand tour debut in Spain too.

Definitely will be a very interesting Vuelta, of the confirmed names so far (realise these are early days) the GC looks like it could be wide open - I'd have a flutter on Miguel Angel Lopez for top 10 and Esteban Chaves too. Also fancy Enric Mas to announce his arrival on the grand tour stage with a stage win in a break