Cowboys stadium - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 25.09.2009, 04:41 AM
Pro Bowler

Default Cowboys stadium

Greetings from Texas. I thought I would give my review of the new stadium.

The best thing I can say about it is that it is a must see for any Cowboy fan.

Just the size of the place is amazing and seems strange how this massive place seems to sit in the middle of a normal area where you would normally see a strip mall.

Also love the videoboard there were a couple of times where I found myself looking at the board instead of the live game but for the most part it was usefull especially when the ball was as the other end of the field. Just wish they would put shots of the triplets on the board when the offense was in the red zone with the cheers that went with it. And none of the punts seemed to go close.

The seats are more comfortable than Texas stadium were, I was not in the section with padded seats but mine was not to bad and there seems to be more leg room.

The atmosphere was good although not any better than Texas stadium considering how many more people were there.

If you get there early so can get near to the front then the party pass looked a good idea or even on the middle section where the miller lite r'b dancers danced on platforms. Not sure what the people who got in at the back did though at least the people outside had video boards to watch the game on.
Old 25.09.2009, 05:01 AM
All Pro

Very Jealous Mate. I need to get over there, trying to save up money now. Problem is im the only NFL fan that i know and don't really fancy it on my own. May try and get over next year tho. Hopefully you will take many pictures that you can purhaps email to me when your back, that would be great !!!!

Have a good time pal.

You staying for MNF too ???

bigdewgo
Old 25.09.2009, 02:30 PM
Pro Bowler

Awesome stuff,

We should have a Cowboys forum trip to the new stadium - that way nobody goes on their own.
Old 26.09.2009, 03:41 AM
Pro Bowler

I have taken a few photos which I will post here when I get back to the UK which will be next weekend as I will be at the Panthers game, hopefully see the 1st win at the new place. It's funny looking at my photos so far at how many I have of the videoboard. After watching the steelers-Bears on that
during pregame warmup it will be hard to go back to my 32 inch at home

I forgot to mention the things I don't like about the new stadium, the biggest issue is the sound it was impossible to hear the ref and the pa was hard to hear as well or at least in the upper section. The minor issue is that they don't display number of timeouts and challengers left like they did at the old stadium and I think at most stadiums.
Old 26.09.2009, 05:02 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstar View Post
I have taken a few photos which I will post here when I get back to the UK which will be next weekend as I will be at the Panthers game, hopefully see the 1st win at the new place. It's funny looking at my photos so far at how many I have of the videoboard. After watching the steelers-Bears on that
during pregame warmup it will be hard to go back to my 32 inch at home

I forgot to mention the things I don't like about the new stadium, the biggest issue is the sound it was impossible to hear the ref and the pa was hard to hear as well or at least in the upper section. The minor issue is that they don't display number of timeouts and challengers left like they did at the old stadium and I think at most stadiums.
Yep i agree i think they need a score board aswell as the videoboard. Surely they could put this info onto the videoboard i know they dont want to think of it as a scoreboard but with the size of these things surely a small timeout and challenge part can be added. Looking forward to the pics Hallstar and have a good night monday.

A forum trip to dallas would be a good idea. Hard to sort out logistics etc but a good idea no doubt.

bigdewgo
Old 27.09.2009, 03:53 PM
All Pro

Your a lucky sod.