International Football - Page 16 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 19.11.2009, 04:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadesaregood View Post
Oh ffs, change the bloody record, when all else fails, resort to Neil Lennon, never mind the fact that there are 2 Celtic players who always get a standing ovation everytime they play at Windsor Park.
LOL, that actually made me laugh. Thanks for cheering me up mate.

Maybe life ain't so bad after all.
All Pro

Could you two put your handbags away please?
MVP

Even though I dont like seeing a team go out in that fashion in such a crucial game, it's very hard for me to feel much sympathy for the Irish as they have spent the last 25 years laughing at us over the Maradona goal in 86.

All I need now is for something like this to happen to the Scots and we're all even
Old 19.11.2009, 04:02 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Levy View Post
LOL, that actually made me laugh. Thanks for cheering me up mate.

Maybe life ain't so bad after all.
Your welcome.
Old 19.11.2009, 04:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presley View Post
Could you two put your handbags away please?
No problem, we've decommissioned the handbags.
Old 19.11.2009, 04:37 PM
All Pro

Although Henry cheated & I would have rather the Irish qualified its not like Henry's goal actually stopped Ireland from qualifying it stopped them from going to penalties. If they'd taken the chances they had they would have qualified.

Plus there's no guarantee of what would have happened even if the goal had been disallowed, nothing to say that France wouldn't have scored anyway. Any talk of a replay makes no sense however hard done by Ireland may feel. This week there will be at least 2 or 3 high profile incidents in the premiership that cost teams points & not 1 of those games will be replayed.

Before anyone else says it i'll say it, granted they are maybe not the same as a world cup qualifier but it sets a ridiculous precedent that can't/won't be enforced across the game.

Its a cliche but these things happen, we just have to move on & try to find a soloution whether that be video replays, extra officials or something else.
Old 19.11.2009, 04:51 PM
Starter

Why oh why, didn't Trapattoni throw the challenge flag???
Old 19.11.2009, 05:09 PM
MVP

Probably been debated to high heaven but my two penneth is that Henry can't be slated too much as its not his duty to stop the game and say i handballed it, hes a professional sportsperson and did what he had to do to win. This is a FIFA and officiating failure.

As for the video replay argument, i agree that any changes that are implemented at the top level should be at the lowest level also.

We have trouble enough getting refs for our sunday league. We have to put up with the worst standards of officiating because we can't push them away as there are no replacements, we cant deal with having to find a second ref also. The key is any changes to the top level that arent spread to every level only serve to spread the gap between them. This would surely prevent the likes of Ian Wright making the leap upwards. Not to mention giving ammo to those at my level to say its fine to hack the best players until they have to leave the field injured because "its not the premiership"
Old 19.11.2009, 06:04 PM
All Pro

Nearly cried last night. Was planning to go to S.Africa if they won but there's always 2014 I suppose. Brasil women are incredible so I really will cry if we don't make it to Brasil.
This replay talk:
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...ay-with-France
is embarrasing. Dermot Ahern needs to shut up. I hate when politicians talk about sport. Or just talk really.
I don't blame the ref or the linesman for the goal I know I didn't see it in real time. If they didn't see it then clearly more eyes are needed. Should definately take a look at how the NFL does things. Never gonna happen as it's been said already fifa think wrong decisions are apart of football and like the debate it causes.
Any Irish pissed off with Trap getting an extension before the playoffs. I mean after seeing how good we were last night we should have qualified easy. We've good players but he doesn't let them play.
Old 19.11.2009, 07:21 PM
All Pro

Shame about the result and Henry's antics, I used to like the guy but no more obviously. I was very pleased with the Irish display, like others am wondering why they don't play like that at other times. I have been critical of Trapp, but he deserved to be going to South Africa on last nights efforts.