Week 14. New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons. Game day thread. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 08.12.2009, 09:31 PM
Team Captain

This is the game I predicted the loss a few weeks ago, but I thought the Falcons would have a better record!

Is Turner back from his injury? If so he could make some damage!

I think it will remain a close game (Division game) and hopefully 13-0 at the end!
Old 09.12.2009, 09:26 AM
Pro

Not sure this will be the walk in the park that the people seem to think it will be, did everyone see the Redskins game! Scared the living daylights out of me that did!

Still reckon we will win but another "Saints are so lucky, they could have lost that game" type of game.
Old 09.12.2009, 10:13 AM
All Pro

where in the hell are you people watching all these games...? I've seen The saints once this season against the eagles at a mate's house... and the rest is all highlights on nfl network...

No monday night football no saints on Sunday night football... and that magazine show on sat morning is just awful... this is possibly the best saints season ever and i'm missing it all. Buggar...

Oh and we'll beat the Flacons...
Old 09.12.2009, 11:33 AM
Pro

Mate you need to buy yourself a subscription to NFL gamepass so you can watch every game live online and an archive of games for the past 2 seasons. It's simply the best investment I could have ever made.

As for Sunday it could definitely run close as:

a) The Falcons are great at the Georgia Dome (except when facing Michael Vick)

b) If Turner and Norwood are back. If they are then we could be in for a long day. Against the Redskins we were back to the run D of last year; unable to make tackles at the point of contact and exposed as a result in the secondary.

c) If our ridiculous D injury list is still as bad as last week

and

d) If Matt Ryan plays.

I still fancy a chances but those factors will dictate whether it is comfortable or a down to the wire anxious game like last week.
Old 10.12.2009, 08:25 PM
Team Captain

35-3 victory for the Saints.

Coach Smitty has been saying it's not over in press conferences but I know it is
Old 11.12.2009, 08:19 PM
All Pro

Ryan and Turner haven't practiced so far this week so I would say it doesn't look good.

However on any given sunday......
Old 11.12.2009, 08:25 PM
Team Captain

No optimisism at all from Falcons fans. Come on! We are still a good team and have every chance this sunday. Stop being so glum! It aint over, and the fat lady sure as hell aint singing yet! Keep the faith Falcons fans!
Old 11.12.2009, 08:26 PM
Team Captain

We should be able to score more points than Atlanta. But I think the Browns/Steelers game last night shows that you should never understimate one of your closest rivals.

The Falcons are going to be pumped for this one no matter who starts at QB/RB, and our defense was pretty dire last week and needs to step up again this week. With Fujita, Greer and Porter still out I'm still kind of wary, especially if Turner and Ryan start.

On the plus side our offense should totally over-power that Falcons D. I'm gonna say 31-17 to the Saints.
Old 11.12.2009, 09:54 PM
Starter

I think the Falcons will win...

... ah, my medicine has just arrived!
Old 12.12.2009, 02:37 AM
MVP

Im a Falcoholic, and for once going against the super optimists (who suddenly seem the opposite for this game) and going for a complete shock of a win! Although Mike_Vick7 is putting me off that choice....

It would be epic to win and be the ones to end the streak.

That and a winning season is all i ask santa...