Week 12. Carolina Panthers @ New York Jets. Game day thread. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 24.11.2009, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Post Week 12. Carolina Panthers @ New York Jets. Game day thread.

Hi folks here is the thread for this one.

Mark
Old 24.11.2009, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

*Sigh*..... Depressing to already be looking ahead to next season with six games still to play but that's the position we're in. Sanchez's predictable rookie season ups and downs have obviously cost us while the Defense has also tailed off somewhat since the opening three weeks. Once again, above anything else, I want to see signs of this team progressing and showing they can be playoff contenders next season. If Sanchez cuts down on his mistakes and the Defense gets back to playing at it's best over the last six games then I'll be happy, regardless of our final record.

This will be a tough game for us but not unwinnable. Obviously the key will be shutting down their running game. We showed against Miami that, even without Jenkins, we can still stop the run but we then got torched by MJD so it's hard to gauge how well we'll do against Williams and Stewart.

Their passing game is still basically Steve Smith and little else so hopefully Revis can take him out of the game and force them to try and beat us on the ground. Offensively, we need to commit to the run more and take some of the pressure off of Sanchez, not just reducing his pass attempts but cutting down on the low percentage plays. The guy's a rookie with very little college experience and I feel the coaching staff could be doing a lot more to help him.

Could well come down to who runs the ball better but either way I expect it to be a close game.
Old 24.11.2009, 05:38 PM
Pro Bowler

Gotta have it if we have ANY hope at all of making a wild card push.

Though looking over our final 4 games (NYG, Patriots, Vikings, and Saints) maybe we're already finished....
Old 25.11.2009, 03:57 PM
All Pro

Really hard game to pick, the Jets seem to have lost any momentum they had early on in the season with our remaining schedule our playoff hopes are done. Without looking at the stats we've probably got 2 of the 3 (Cutler) most turnover prone QB's in the league this year. Any result is possible one side could get blown away if the other manage to play mistake free football or it could be very close, wouldn't surprise me either way to be honest.

I'm confident we can run the ball on most teams so I don't think that will be a problem but then again we're prone to being run on as well. My biggest concern going in to this game though is our pass protection which looked like it was badly missing Jordan Gross last week, hopefully the extra days have helped us patch that up a bit better.

I'll go with the Panthers to win the turnover battle 4-3 & come away with a 19-17 win.
Old 25.11.2009, 04:34 PM
MVP

I get the impression that the heads have dipped at the Jets HQ,no talk,no confidence and the team doesn't seem to believe it can win games.We may not win many more this season,including this one.
Old 25.11.2009, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

No talk is a good thing imo. There's been far too much trash talk and not enough action on the field this season. Maybe Ryan's learnt his lesson and will now concentrate on making sure his team's properly prepared and focused instead of slagging off our opponents and giving them extra motivation? Just a thought.... Looks like Rhodes has been benched for Eric Smith for this week. Maybe that will be enough of a shock to the system for him to pull his head out of his backside and start making a few plays. Hope so as this Defensive system should be perfect for him.
Old 25.11.2009, 04:49 PM
MVP

I agree but it was a sign of self confidence,I get the impression we have no confidence now.The talent is there,especially on defense but they when the chips are down they seem to fold and fail to come up with the big stop.
Old 29.11.2009, 06:24 PM
All Pro

Well not the greatest start, 7-0 down & as the Jets offense comes onto the field for the 1st time
Old 29.11.2009, 07:03 PM
All Pro

At least I hedged my bets this week & put the Jets D in my fantasy team.
Old 29.11.2009, 07:20 PM
Starter

Wow! Delhomme: 3 INTS so far...