Week 15. Atlanta Falcons @ New York Jets. Game day thread. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 15.12.2009, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Post Week 15. Atlanta Falcons @ New York Jets. Game day thread.

Hi folks here is the thread.

Mark
Old 15.12.2009, 11:56 AM
Pro

Default Must win

I think it goes without saying that this is a must win game. (I've still said it, though!) Let's hope the Bills can do us a favour and upset the Pats.

I am hoping for a Colts win on Thursday night, firstly to dent the Jags wildcard hopes. I don't know whether that will mean they will try to keep their unbeaten run going when the play the Jets in week 16 or whether they will have one eye on the playoffs.

Hopefully the Bengals will have their division all sewn up by week 17 and take their foot of the gas.
Old 15.12.2009, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

I think the Colts will take it easy in the last two games if they beat Jacksonville on Thursday. Players like Manning, Clark and Wayne will still start but I doubt they'll play any more than a Quarter or two. Despite what Caldwell and the players may say, an unbeaten season won't be that high on the agenda. Going into the post-season with HFA and all their key players healthy is the priority.

The Atlanta game won't be an easy one for us. Even without Ryan and Turner, they still pushed the Saints all the way. Obviously if those two are still out on Sunday (anyone know their status?) it helps our chances, especially with the way our D is playing. I really hope Sanchez is back because if Clemens plays, we'll lose. I'm happy he picked up a win last week but Atlanta are a different proposition to Tampa Bay.

Would be great if we can win this one as it at least keeps our (slim) playoff hopes alive for another week.
Old 18.12.2009, 09:14 AM
Rookie

AJC reports

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan and running back Michael Turner returned to practice on Thursday and both are hopeful they will be able to play against the New York Jets on Sunday.
Old 18.12.2009, 11:36 AM
All Pro

This really smells like one of those 'same old jets' games where we're looking ahead to the Colts and Bengals games as the big ones to win assuming the Jets will beat the Falcons and then we end up getting beaten before we get to the 'harder' games.

Its gonna be a tough game, as long as the D plays to it's high standard of the last three games we should be in with a good shout to win this as the Falcons run D is average but I'm not taking anything for granted.
Old 18.12.2009, 12:21 PM
Team Captain

I see this game being close.

Something tells me Turner will make a return and get a super injury that keeps him out of action for 12 months+.
Hopefully we keep him benched while he's limited.
Old 18.12.2009, 01:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Killman View Post
I see this game being close.

Something tells me Turner will make a return and get a super injury that keeps him out of action for 12 months+.
Hopefully we keep him benched while he's limited.
Think they'll wait to see how that bunch of cowboys get on Saturday night. If the saints win, then I think he'll have to play?
Old 18.12.2009, 06:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspa View Post
Think they'll wait to see how that bunch of cowboys get on Saturday night. If the saints win, then I think he'll have to play?
Doesnt matter what happens with any other teams, we have to concentrate on winning all 3, we have to do that no matter what any of the other results are.

He doesnt have to play for us to beat them. We could beat them without Ryan and Turner playing like we did against the Saints last week.
Old 18.12.2009, 08:39 PM
MVP

Huge game for us. The 3 game winning streak has us right back in the mix, Jacksonville losing has only helped.

Sanchez has been named as starter, I don't know whether that helps or not. Hopefully he's ready to go, might need a big game from him. Need to find a way to stop Gonzalez, otherwise I really like our matchups defensively.
Old 20.12.2009, 02:47 AM
All Pro

looks like it's going to be a 'snow game'!!!