Otas - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 28.05.2015, 08:22 PM
All Pro

Default Otas

Seems Gregory did a good job against Tyron Smith and Ryan Williams impressed too
Old 31.05.2015, 11:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Nice to hear Gregory made a favourable impression, but it's hard to read too much from the OTA's.

Just have to hope everyone comes through them healthy and focused on Training Camp. That's when it will get interesting, especially if we have a fully fit roster to compete for places.

The defensive line and linebacking corps looks really deep. So perhaps even at this early stage perhaps good impressions are a valuable thing.
Old 26.05.2016, 12:18 PM
All Pro

Cant believe we are in OTAs again already! Some positives so far -Showers and Russel,if i remember last year Russell was looking good then, lets hope this year he can stay healthy
Old 26.05.2016, 01:54 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Cant believe we are in OTAs again already! Some positives so far -Showers and Russel,if i remember last year Russell was looking good then, lets hope this year he can stay healthy
Certainly comes round quick!

Looking back on comments last year I think it goes to show how things can change. Certain players have exceeded expectations at this time of year in seasons past, only to fall away when the real competition begins. DE certainly seems to be a position that can offer false promise, Ben Gardner impressed in camps previously..........then he got cut. Maybe it's because those expectations are lower and therefore 'easily' exceeded? It would be nice if Russell can make an impression at DE given the circumstances.
Old 27.05.2016, 01:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Seems Zeke has impressed a few members of the Cowboys media with his OTA run out. Mickey Spagnola mentioned the 'different' type of movement he shows, that quickness to exploit gaps in an instant. Very encouraging.

Stephen Jones has been talking about how the Cowboys have no interest in trading DMC or Alf Morris too. They had offers over the draft weekend apparently. Everyone has a price, but I doubt anyone would meet it even if they were willing to make a trade. If we go into the season with a healthy Zeke, DMC and Alf it would be great news.
Old 27.05.2016, 09:27 PM
All Pro

Yeah its lookin good for the run
Old 02.06.2016, 07:33 AM
Starter

Default Hold 'em high & tight:)

Had to chuckle at this about the new training method for running backs.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...hile-they-work

But I bet it does work. Will be interested to see how many fumbles and how many other teams pick up the idea.

Last edited by chucklong_13; 02.06.2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02.06.2016, 09:33 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklong_13 View Post
Had to chuckle at this about the new training method for running backs.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...hile-they-work

But I bet it does work. Will be interested to see how many fumbles and how many other teams pick up the idea.
Like the Steelers and their 'robotic' practice dummies.

Can't hurt to embrace technology though. I see a few other teams have adopted the ball too.

Hand size is still going to be key to fumbles, Zeke has 10 1/4" hands, I'm sure that played a big part in his lack of fumbles in college.
Old 09.06.2016, 08:25 PM
All Pro

So Gregory has impressed again-at least Broarduss, same as last year tho, needs to prove it in a game
Old 10.06.2016, 05:25 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
So Gregory has impressed again-at least Broarduss, same as last year tho, needs to prove it in a game
Hard to trust him though (Gregory). A year hasn't gone by, in college or the NFL, when he hasn't failed multiple drug tests. I don't think he'll ever beat his addiction sadly. He's only 23, but then so was Justin Blackmon when his 'issues' started to come to light and look how his career ended up.

I heard the one of the Cowboys shows mention how La'el Collins needs to become more consistent this season and I couldn't agree more. He hasn't lived up to the 'top 15' billing he got when he was drafted. Flashes 'dominance', as pointed out in the same show, but on a play to play basis it isn't always that pretty.