Franchise Revis...Now..! - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 13.01.2010, 10:35 AM
MVP

He is one of the players of the year. Of course you can label someone the best player in the NFL..but opinions would vary and rather than comparing certain talents as this is impossible due to the varying skill sets needed for the different posistions its more the impact the player has on his team and its results.. This year Favre, Brees and Manning have been awesome but QBs always seem extreme impactual and its easy to identify a good QB.. I think Revis has been amazing this year and the stats about the WR's he has kept to under 35 yards is amazing. His Impact on the Jets has been huge.
Old 14.01.2010, 01:24 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednotdead View Post
lol, err better, than polamalu.............whose won superbowls...
The british player who used to be on Sky Sports (forget his name) won a Superbowl Ring when he was on the Patriots practice squad and never played a down that year So on that basis is better than Revis
Old 14.01.2010, 01:32 AM
Pro Bowler

Woodson = MVP....

* throws away fishing rod and runs and hides *
Old 14.01.2010, 02:38 AM
Starter

Seriously. One good year and he's "the best player in the NFL"? i don't think so. Watch him have an average year next year. Remember a few years ago when Cromartie had loads of picks and he was "the best"? not any more.

Are you seriously saying, having only 1 pick, you'd build a team around Darelle Revis above, say, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Troy Polamalu, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Ed Reed or about 50 others? nope didn't think so.

IMO he's not even the best corner in the NFL, yea, he had a good year, but i rate Woodson, Asamugha and maybe a couple more ahead of him, just for consistency. Come back in a few years and if he's still doing the same, maybe he's the best corner. maybe.
Old 14.01.2010, 11:09 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonLAylett View Post
Seriously. One good year and he's "the best player in the NFL"? i don't think so. Watch him have an average year next year. Remember a few years ago when Cromartie had loads of picks and he was "the best"? not any more.

Are you seriously saying, having only 1 pick, you'd build a team around Darelle Revis above, say, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Troy Polamalu, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Ed Reed or about 50 others? nope didn't think so.

IMO he's not even the best corner in the NFL, yea, he had a good year, but i rate Woodson, Asamugha and maybe a couple more ahead of him, just for consistency. Come back in a few years and if he's still doing the same, maybe he's the best corner. maybe.
i'd build my team around curtis painter though
Old 14.01.2010, 12:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonLAylett View Post

If you had one pick of any player to BUILD a team around for the future would you pick Manning today?? How old is he? If you had one pick to build a franchise round he would have to be 26/27 with a
few years experience in the league behind him surely? Or is that just me? would i pick revis as the ONE no... but then thats not an option! Its a ridiculous scenario which will never occur..

come the end of the season we will know who had the biggest impact on his team and as usual for me it wont be the MVP itll be a guy from the winning superbowl team...

so it wont be Manning... In my opinion..