Going to New York - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 26.06.2012, 07:08 PM
Rookie

Default Going to New York

Thought this might be the best place for help, going to the Bills@Jets game while im there and 2 quick questions you guys might be best to help me with.

1. What is there to do near by after the game?
2. Where is the best shop in New York for NFL merchandise for all teams(Browns please)

Il be cheering for Jets against the Bills!
Old 07.07.2012, 02:49 PM
Pro

Talking

Nothing really near the stadium. It's generally surrounded by wetlands, freeways and industry it seems, though Jets tailgating is fun! As for jersey's, I was surprised when I went for the first time. I think you'll struggle to find much merchandise for sports clubs out of the NY area. Don't think it's like here where shops in any city sell all team shirts.
Old 07.07.2012, 04:58 PM
MVP

You could try one of these 2 Sports Authority stores in NY for merchandise.

http://ny.newyork.sportsauthority.co...-york-491.html

http://ny.newyork.sportsauthority.co...-york-489.html
Old 07.07.2012, 07:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfcgoodie View Post
2. Where is the best shop in New York for NFL merchandise for all teams(Browns please)!
Written 5 years ago now so pretty out-of-date for a lot of stuff - but I believe most of the "shopping" stuff still applies....

http://bigblueuk.bravehost.com/GTG.html
http://bigblueuk.bravehost.com/GTG2.html

You'll probably find a limited Browns range in Paragon Sports - all the sporting goods chains such as Modells, Sports Authority etc. will be pot luck for Browns stuff. Same with K-Mart, Macy's etc. - Gerry Cosby's at Madison Square Garden might be worth a try as well.

You may get lucky in the outlet stores, you may not... That's just the nature of them.
Old 07.07.2012, 08:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfcgoodie View Post
Thought this might be the best place for help, going to the Bills@Jets game while im there and 2 quick questions you guys might be best to help me with.

1. What is there to do near by after the game?
2. Where is the best shop in New York for NFL merchandise for all teams(Browns please)

Il be cheering for Jets against the Bills!
Even as a Jets fan I found both Manhattan and the stadium on game day limited for Jets merch.....and never saw a Browns top of any kind anywhere.

The Mrs was in NY in April and in the Nike Shop and at that time they had jerseys and tees for all the teams.

As for stuff to do after the game.....what sort of thing are you looking to do? If its NFL based activity your after best I can suggest is tailgating before the game as there's "hee haw" to do afterwards. I'd head back into town and a bar ASAP after the game to watch any later games.

I have yet to find an out and out Jets pub there so would be happy to know if anyone else has. I'm going for either Texans or 49ers game this season I hope.

Last edited by Scots Warrior; 07.07.2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: My spelling was pish
Old 08.07.2012, 12:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Warrior View Post
Even as a Jets fan I found both Manhattan and the stadium on game day limited for Jets merch.....and never saw a Browns top of any kind anywhere.
http://www.jetsshop.com/Stores
Old 08.07.2012, 05:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenYankee View Post
I'd spend a fortune in there . Need to keep in mind to take an empty suitcase if I ever make it to New York
Old 08.07.2012, 06:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenYankee View Post
Been there plenty... And also spent too much $$$'s there.....A great wee shop but still has a very limited range compared to online.....e.g. All colours, all sizes, all designs etc.

Only grey or green Tees there...none of the black ones or white ones when I was there.

Only one type of replica helmet...only current logo on a Riddell speed. Was looking for a 78-89 full size authentic.

It's that kind of stuff I'd like to see all in one place....

I know that retail space in Manhattan ain't cheap but the money going through the tills when I've been in the shop tells me they're not hard up. Might just be me expecting too much but I'd like more choice.
Old 09.07.2012, 06:21 PM
Starter

I am attending the Jets game v Buffalo on Sept 9th and there is nothing whatsoever around the stadium area post game,as others have said just head back down town to one of the bars and watch the rest of the days games.
I am staying in NEWARK and getting the AMTRACK next day for the monday night game at Baltimore against the Bengals only 2 hours 20 minutes on the train.