Indianapolis Colts Thread - Page 28 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 15.07.2005, 08:13 AM
All Pro

Default Re:Indianapolis Colts Thread

Colts Sign another WR - by reaching an agreement with former Clemson wide receiver Roscoe Crosby.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2108149
Sponsored Links
Old 17.07.2005, 08:28 AM
All Pro

Interesting article from Indystar.com......

James evades camp questions

Colts star, in town for Black Expo event, declines to talk about his reporting plans.

By Mike Chappell
mike.chappell@indystar.com

Edgerrin James was in town Saturday to participate in a celebrity basketball tournament his foundation helps sponsor as part of Indiana Black Expo.
The burning question: Will the Indianapolis Colts' career rushing leader be in Terre Haute on July 27 when the team reports to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology for the start of training camp?
"I'm supposed to be," James said, deftly avoiding a definitive answer. "But really, I don't feel like talkin' right now.
"I'll talk to y'all when I come to camp."
On July 27?
James smiled, nodded his head and walked toward a locker room at the RCA Dome.
James stuck around to sign autographs and pose for pictures with youngsters following Saturday's celebrity basketball event. But he has mostly maintained a low profile during the offseason.
He has remained under the radar since the Colts named him their "franchise" player Feb. 22, a move that greatly limited his options on the league's veteran free-agent market. The team allowed his new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, to seek trade offers, but none was secured and James signed the one-year, $8.1 million guaranteed contract in mid-March.
Displeased with the lack of a long-term contract offer from the Colts, James boycotted the team's mandatory three-day minicamp and did not participate in its voluntary four-week summer school. He has spent the summer working out at the University of Miami.
"That's the last person I've got to worry about coming into camp in shape," said Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne, one of James' closest friends as well as one of his workout partners in South Florida.
But will James come into camp on time?
"You've got to ask him that," said Wayne, who was on hand at Indiana Black Expo on Saturday. "I'll be there. If he's with me, he's there. If not, I guess you guys will have something else to talk about."
Old 19.07.2005, 11:33 PM
All Pro

Colts sign Rayner, among others.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...p;news_id=2868

I'm really hoping Rayner isn't as big a disappointment as Kimball was last year. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what Guthrie can do.
Old 20.07.2005, 08:08 AM
All Pro

I'm still not happy about having to have a number of kickers on the roster, sure we need a back up but Vandy should be able to handle kick offs.

Apparantly Vandy has hired a private coach to help him get back to peak fitness and also to try and help him get the power back in his leg for kickoffs, at least it shows his is trying to get back to his best. Maybe his attitute is improving.... :-\
Old 20.07.2005, 08:56 PM
All Pro

easy guys, been away for while any news bout stuff?
seen the stadium pics looks amazing
Old 20.07.2005, 09:40 PM
All Pro

[quote author=stokley in the slot link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=270#msg258140 date=1121893000]
easy guys, been away for while any news bout stuff?
seen the stadium pics looks amazing
[/quote]

Alright dude, didn't think you had been on for a while, been anywhere nice?

Nothing major going on in Colts land.....just teh usual Edge and Vandy issues!!
Old 21.07.2005, 10:32 PM
All Pro

Burns signs

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...p;news_id=2872

i hope we're not paying OTT for an average rookie, knowing Polian we are :
Old 22.07.2005, 05:36 AM
All Pro

Sweatpea!!! the contract is three-year, $1.4 million contract.

Not too much hit on the cap, I think Burns could be quite good.

Quote:
“Sweet Pea is very excited to have this out of the way,’’ Hadley Engelhard, Burns’ agent, said this morning. “He’s an Indianapolis Colt and knows he’ll be at training camp on time.’’

The Colts report Wednesday to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute for the start of training camp.

Burns is expected to challenge for playing time in the defensive-line rotation. The 6-2, 268-pounder started 33 games at Kentucky, collecting 168 tackles and 5.5 sacks.

He joins Michigan State kicker Dave Rayner as the only members of the Colts’ 10-player draft class to agree to terms. Rayner signed a three-year deal last Friday.
Old 22.07.2005, 10:28 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Indy 500 link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=270#msg258591 date=1122010615]

[/quote]

the thing is he is another pass rusher, useless against the run which is our majour weak spot.
Old 23.07.2005, 08:52 AM
All Pro

[quote author=bigtoe link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=270#msg258855 date=1122071337]
[quote author=Indy 500 link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=270#msg258591 date=1122010615]

[/quote]

the thing is he is another pass rusher, useless against the run which is our majour weak spot.
[/quote]

Polian and Dungy have consistently avoided picking up a big run stopper. It looks as though the defensive strategy is to get as many small fast guys, let the offense get a decent lead and then blitz all day. :-\