Old 06.05.2018, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Think this is spam getting all kinds of ****
Old 07.05.2018, 10:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Think this is spam getting all kinds of ****
Turns out it was something on fb mess, apologies. Just reading about Switzer, and basically how he did everything was a sked of him at Cowboys and felt "disrespected"
Old 08.05.2018, 06:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Turns out it was something on fb mess, apologies. Just reading about Switzer, and basically how he did everything was a sked of him at Cowboys and felt "disrespected"
I'm guessing he'd sooner be a Dallas Cowboy, he's frustrated. Jerry's Draft comments, in jest or not, haven't helped. To be fair to him he wasn't really given much of a shot, but then again he was hardly going to displace Beasley or Witten was he.

You should take nothing for granted, but in the grand scheme of things if someone uses a 4th rd pick on you, you'd expect them to hold onto you a little longer than 12 months.
Old 09.05.2018, 09:44 PM
All Pro

Totally, when you consider how much time they have given Green and Gregory, beggars belief they let him go
Old 09.05.2018, 09:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Totally, when you consider how much time they have given Green and Gregory, beggars belief they let him go
To be fair, if someone offered a former 2nd round pick for Green or Gregory they'd probably trade them too!
Old 12.05.2018, 08:18 PM
All Pro

Just reading Brian Broadass (i know but i nothing else on) about rookie training camp, as expected Williams lined up at LG and looked ok but these are of course no pads training stuff, and he wont let Marquez White go at all lol!
Old 13.05.2018, 04:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just reading Brian Broadass (i know but i nothing else on) about rookie training camp, as expected Williams lined up at LG and looked ok but these are of course no pads training stuff, and he wont let Marquez White go at all lol!
I think by mid season Williams will have added about 10lbs to his frame. I think he slimmed right down for the Combine to try and prove he could stay at OT. Now he's landed with the Cowboys and looks set to play at LG those extra lbs would come in handy. He's really athletic, but having the extra 'sand in his pants' will be useful on the interior, for pass blocking and run blocking.

When he looked 'heavy' on tape in 2017 it certainly appeared to help him move people, especially on down blocks.
Old 10.08.2018, 08:59 AM
Hall of Fame

A pretty decent start to the Pre Season really......apart from the final score obviously.

There seemed to be a confidence about the team, especially early on. Jaylon Smith was physical, Dak looked quite calm in the pocket, the run game made some plays, the secondary and the pass rush were solid enough.

I think the rookies are going to have their ups and downs, but that's usually the case. Connor Williams looks like he might struggle with inside moves against the strength of NFL veterans, Buckner showed that. If he can keep them to the outside it looks like he has the feet and technique to ride them past the QB, but when they beat him inside it's hard to recover.

Leighton Vander Esch looks like coverage will be his calling card. He had a few hiccups last night, but its a learning curve. He needs to keep things in front of him and not bite on some of the shorter routes. He didn't look the most physical of linebackers in college despite the number of tackles he had, so that's another aspect of the game he'll need time to work on.

The only player that struggled seemed to be Anthony Brown. He got beat a couple of times and drew several flags too. Cowboys media have mentioned several times during Camp about the extra work he's been putting in on his hands but he might need to go back to basics from here on out. There was talk about playing Jourdan Lewis in the slot instead of Brown. If Brown's Pre Season continues along the same lines as last night I don't think there will be much of a discussion at all.