2018 offseason thread - free agency, draft, random arrests etc - Page 167 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 15.05.2018, 01:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
Garcia doesn't have to do anything but beat out the other guys competing for back up roles.
His bigger job is proving he is fit enough to even play
Sponsored Links
Old 15.05.2018, 04:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
His bigger job is proving he is fit enough to even play
Reports have already indicated he was back to 290 lbs and ready to start contact. Not too far for him still to go, of course it is unlikely he will be fully match conditioned for some time yet. Hence the earlier IR/PUP comments.
Old 15.05.2018, 05:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
Reports have already indicated he was back to 290 lbs and ready to start contact. Not too far for him still to go, of course it is unlikely he will be fully match conditioned for some time yet. Hence the earlier IR/PUP comments.
If it was just weight and match fitness it makes no sense for the Patriots to let him go. You don't let OTs walk for on those grounds.
Old 15.05.2018, 07:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
If it was just weight and match fitness it makes no sense for the Patriots to let him go. You don't let OTs walk for on those grounds.
They've done a ton of things in the last few months that don't really make much sense. Letting a third round tackle who hasn't seen the field go doesn't even seem that close to the top of the list to me.
Old 15.05.2018, 08:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There has to be deeper concerns, and at minimum the Pats must think he's a couple of years away from competing. Although he has talent, he was a 3rd round pick. Not sure what the roster/cap implications are of carrying him for 2 years, but I'd have to believe that's a big part of why they moved on.
Old 16.05.2018, 05:35 PM
All Pro

Thurman Thomas is having his number retired by the Bills. Still the only player to lead the league in yards from scrimmage for 4 consecutive seasons. Favourite player ever.
Old 16.05.2018, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thurman Thomas is having his number retired by the Bills. Still the only player to lead the league in yards from scrimmage for 4 consecutive seasons. Favourite player ever.
Don’t know why it took so long tbh...
Old 16.05.2018, 06:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Don’t know why it took so long tbh...
The Bills have only recently started retiring numbers officially. No one has worn his number since he played though. I suspect that Reed will has his retired and then that's it.

Last edited by BuffaloG; 16.05.2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 17.05.2018, 06:57 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
There has to be deeper concerns, and at minimum the Pats must think he's a couple of years away from competing. Although he has talent, he was a 3rd round pick. Not sure what the roster/cap implications are of carrying him for 2 years, but I'd have to believe that's a big part of why they moved on.
Well he was released with a failed physical designation, and there were rumours his blood clot issue was lingering. Pats have no real cap issues, so for as far as I can see it was purely a medical thing. It's a shame for the kid, but I really struggle to see him getting near an NFL field for a while yet (and he was a reach in the 3rd round according to "experts" last year, so he's not exactly got a huge pedigree either)
Old 17.05.2018, 01:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
Well he was released with a failed physical designation, and there were rumours his blood clot issue was lingering. Pats have no real cap issues, so for as far as I can see it was purely a medical thing. It's a shame for the kid, but I really struggle to see him getting near an NFL field for a while yet (and he was a reach in the 3rd round according to "experts" last year, so he's not exactly got a huge pedigree either)
Overdrafted, really? I saw him as high as the second in some places and ranked as the #3 LT. He is small though so I can understand if some did see him that way, but I certainly didn't regard the third round as a reach. He's still a bit of a project even if he can recover for sure. The Jets have the opportunity to take a chance on him. I don't think the Pats do.