Chances this year? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 10.05.2014, 09:28 PM
Team Captain

Default Chances this year?

Hi,
New to the NFL and quite like what I've heard so far about the chargers, just wondering what their chances are like this year?
Old 10.05.2014, 09:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
Hi,
New to the NFL and quite like what I've heard so far about the chargers, just wondering what their chances are like this year?
Welcome to the Sport mate

I've only been into the NFL properly for a short time myself and went through quite a few teams before arriving at the Chargers. I like fact that when they win the SuperBowl for the first time we will have supported them beforehand. I digress slightly...

Chances for this year? Still in quite a transitional period really. Improvements are being made on the defense but plenty of good youngsters in this roster. The other teams in our division are improving too and we have a pretty brutal run of fixtures in the second half of the season. I would be happy with a 9-7 season but I'm leaning towards a 7-9. Bare in mind I'm still getting to grips with the NFL in general/Chargers/rest of the NFL myself so you can probably take my opinion with a pinch of salt haha

Anyway, Welcome welcome
Old 11.05.2014, 08:17 AM
All Pro

Don't expect anything fancy from SD this year. We will be methodical on offence, pounding the run and controlling the clock, With big phil to hopefully show some star quality and give the occasional big play so that people can't always stuff the run.

We will be average at best on D. verrett will be good but I think will struggle against the big guys like demaryius Thomas and bowe. I see us using him against the welkers of the league and will be exceptional against tavon Austin in St. Louis. For example. We will need shareece wright to step up against the big guys and out front 7 to get pressure so they don't get too much time.

I think we are looking 8-8 or 9-7 looking at the schedule
Old 11.05.2014, 01:01 PM
All Pro

Fighting for the wildcard behind Denver again, could be a tough job this year with us playing the NFC West. Hopefully 8-10 wins, likely comes down to how much the D improves from last year.
Old 26.10.2014, 11:07 PM
Starter

After the loss on Thursday, I can't see us catching the Broncos, even if we beat them up at Mile High.

There's a wild card there for the taking though.
Old 27.10.2014, 06:42 PM
All Pro

It's not the loss to the Broncs which will cost us the division, it's the loss to KC. We could have split with Denver and easily won the division if they lost a couple more. The loss to KC means we're at best 4-2 in the division. I don't think that'll cut it if we tie on W/L with the Broncos.
Old 27.10.2014, 10:06 PM
All Pro

Let's be honest, catching the Broncos was never really reasonable unless they got hammered with injuries. They were awesome last year and have managed to improve.
Old 27.10.2014, 10:15 PM
All Pro

I thought before the season that if we somehow managed to win 11-12 games there was a chance we could pip them to the division title, but since they're looking at probably winning 13 at least, and we've already lost 2 divisional games, I no longer think there's any possibility.

Small point of order, but last season their offence was awesome, the defence was garbage. Definitely seem to have sorted that out though. I'm just hoping there's another hilarious playoff thumping to enjoy later. Tick-tock.
Old 27.10.2014, 11:52 PM
Starter

Agree about the loss to KC . That'll hurt at the end of the season. There's a lot of good teams in the AFC so the wildcard spot is going to be tight.

We need a bit of luck now - probably only lose 1 more game and for Manning to drop off a cliff (performance wise obviously) to win the division.

Problem is, the rest of the schedule looks tough - Dolphins, Raiders, Rams Ravens, Pats, Broncos, 49ers and Chiefs. Four of those are probably quite loseable games. It may be one of those seasons where progress may not be reflected in the achievements in the win column.
Old 28.10.2014, 05:27 AM
All Pro

I don't think there's a single game left this season which isn't eminently winnable, it's a question of how healthy we are.