NFL to announce London Games 2018 schedule on Thursday at 3:45pm on Facebook Live - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

  #51  
Old 11.01.2018, 05:22 PM
AddyF87's Avatar
AddyF87 AddyF87 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 18.11.2016
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICO1611 View Post
Do you think, that nfl season ticket holders can renew their tickets or will be all nfl season tickets be cancelled and it starts completely new???
I would assume that current IS season ticket holders will be able to renew their season tickets rather than them being cancelled, obviously with the new stadium you'll have to pick new seats.

They'd have a mutiny on their hands if they cancelled and made everyone start again, most people are attached to their seats that they've had for ages (at Wembley of course).
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11.01.2018, 05:40 PM
guards1656's Avatar
guards1656 guards1656 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 27.08.2013
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyF87 View Post
I would assume that current IS season ticket holders will be able to renew their season tickets rather than them being cancelled, obviously with the new stadium you'll have to pick new seats.

They'd have a mutiny on their hands if they cancelled and made everyone start again, most people are attached to their seats that they've had for ages (at Wembley of course).
No way would they cancel. Adding a new stadium to the season ticket has been done before.

I’m struggling to see any Raiders single tickets making into general sale. One of the questions on the FB live was “will spurs season ticket holders get chance to buy tickets after nfl season ticket holders but before the general sale” answer was we’re looking into it, trying to find a way.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11.01.2018, 05:41 PM
jabb's Avatar
jabb jabb is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 04.09.2007
Posts: 430
Default

Thats good news as a TH season ticket holder though i am surprised .The whl game is the most interesting as it will be a totally different experience to twickenham and wembley.This also saves me the hassle of becoming an nfl season ticket holder in order to gurantee that game.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11.01.2018, 05:51 PM
PhilGroom's Avatar
PhilGroom PhilGroom is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 04.02.2008
Posts: 5,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guards1656 View Post
No way would they cancel. Adding a new stadium to the season ticket has been done before.

I’m struggling to see any Raiders single tickets making into general sale. One of the questions on the FB live was “will spurs season ticket holders get chance to buy tickets after nfl season ticket holders but before the general sale” answer was we’re looking into it, trying to find a way.
There will be a maximum number of season tickets like any other year. Unless the visiting teams get an ungodly number if seats allocated there will be a normal number if non season tickets on sale. How quickly they do is another matter
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11.01.2018, 08:35 PM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,496
Default

It's a massive own goal if the league doesn't get a decent numbers of tickets on general sale. To get new fans, you need to give them the chance to get tickets, and far more first timers and families want to try a game, not instantly commit hundreds of pounds to a season ticket. The league needs to grow the fanbase not just service its current one
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11.01.2018, 08:55 PM
pozbaird's Avatar
pozbaird pozbaird is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.01.2010
Posts: 1,360
Default

I have to say, why should there even be a discussion about Spurs ST holders getting any sort of preferential treatment for NFL tickets? It was clear from the discussion between Levy and the bloke from Wembley that in future, Wembley and the new Spurs ground will be competing for events... so, I guess that both stadiums could try to host Foo Fighters gigs, or a U2 stadium show, NFL games or a big Anthony Joshua fight.... whatever.

This looks like two big venues fighting to get business. Why do Spurs soccer fans even come into the discussion for getting any sort of first dibs on briefs for the Foos, a boxing match or the NFL?

What’s it got to do with them?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11.01.2018, 09:02 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
If they can't tempt a big NFL fan from 3 miles away then no wonder the neutral fans are dwindling
Aye. Well it's all about choice and preference. If the Steelers are playing I'm there and buying a ticket in row 1 if I can! If the Steelers happen to be on TNF/SNF/MNF and there's no clash and no family stuff planned that afternoon then I'll also go along gladly and I'm sure I'll have an enjoyable afternoon. But I'm now past the point where I'll go to see neutral teams in London just because it's a game, and miss my own team's game or half of it for the privilege. It's the same as a Man United fan living in Kings Cross who doesn't bother going to Arsenal games that are only 3 miles away, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11.01.2018, 09:10 PM
pozbaird's Avatar
pozbaird pozbaird is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.01.2010
Posts: 1,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Aye. Well it's all about choice and preference. If the Steelers are playing I'm there and buying a ticket in row 1 if I can! If the Steelers happen to be on TNF/SNF/MNF and there's no clash and no family stuff planned that afternoon then I'll also go along gladly and I'm sure I'll have an enjoyable afternoon. But I'm now past the point where I'll go to see neutral teams in London just because it's a game, and miss my own team's game or half of it for the privilege. It's the same as a Man United fan living in Kings Cross who doesn't bother going to Arsenal games that are only 3 miles away, I guess.
More like a Man Utd fan in New York City, and the EPL were taking regular season soccer games to Metlife for ten years. The NYC Man Utd fan had, for a few years, toddled along to see Everton v Spurs or whoever, and enjoyed seeing English fitba’, but eventually just wanted to see Man Utd, so went onto the EPL’s Stateside fan forum to whinge about it.

Only joshing mate!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11.01.2018, 09:11 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Posts: 8,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwebster09 View Post
Interesting that all three home teams were forced to come over as per the rules (well technically not the Jags) rather than volunteer to give up a home game.
This is likely to be more of an issue I think. Most teams don't want to do it, it's often the same few (be that here or Mexico) and with the exception of the Jags and the occasional one-off volunteer it's mostly teams that are forced to do it. The problem is that we are in unusual times right now: we currently have 3 teams in flux. All waiting for a new stadium before moving / having moved. Once those teams have moved they won't be giving up new stadiums. I think we've probably had our fill of NFL franchise relocations for a while. What then? The Super Bowl rule is only so much help... 1 stadium a year hosts the Super Bowl. The NFL needs multiple games per year played overseas.

At some point I feel they will need to move to a different model, either a franchise (no more issues with deciding who gives up a home game) or a 17th regular season game and each team plays at a neutral venue somewhere, be that overseas or at a college venue.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11.01.2018, 09:12 PM
SouthWalesGiant17 SouthWalesGiant17 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 11.01.2018
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
I have to say, why should there even be a discussion about Spurs ST holders getting any sort of preferential treatment for NFL tickets? It was clear from the discussion between Levy and the bloke from Wembley that in future, Wembley and the new Spurs ground will be competing for events... so, I guess that both stadiums could try to host Foo Fighters gigs, or a U2 stadium show, NFL games or a big Anthony Joshua fight.... whatever.

This looks like two big venues fighting to get business. Why do Spurs soccer fans even come into the discussion for getting any sort of first dibs on briefs for the Foos, a boxing match or the NFL?

What’s it got to do with them?
Completely agree with this. Thought it was absolutely ridiculous that its even being contemplated. If I had a Spurs ST, it wouldn't even enter my mind that I may get early priority to NFL tickets. Crazy situation. Theres already only going to be limited tickets left for the Seahawks - Raiders game anyway due to NFL season tickets.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:21 PM.