the BENGALS thread - Page 389 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 10.01.2016, 05:05 AM
MVP

Wow. I've never felt this low after a game before.

The comeback was good, and I've never celebrated as much as I did when we went ahead.

But that was just disgraceful. I don't know how we come back from that, but my admittedly emotionally charged reaction would be to release Burfict. He's a hell of a player, but he's a liability at that point.

Just gutted.
Sponsored Links
Old 10.01.2016, 05:10 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Wow. I've never felt this low after a game before.

The comeback was good, and I've never celebrated as much as I did when we went ahead.

But that was just disgraceful. I don't know how we come back from that, but my admittedly emotionally charged reaction would be to release Burfict. He's a hell of a player, but he's a liability at that point.

Just gutted.
I woke the dog up with my running around the house, finally I thought we'd secured that long awaited win.

But now it's going to be an offseason of choking comments and Cinci are dirty.
No idea what they do to Burifct, can see the league slapping him with at least a 4+ game ban though to curb the behaviour in the league. he was out of control, reckless and lost it.
Old 10.01.2016, 05:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonic View Post
I woke the dog up with my running around the house, finally I thought we'd secured that long awaited win.

But now it's going to be an offseason of choking comments and Cinci are dirty.
No idea what they do to Burifct, can see the league slapping him with at least a 4+ game ban though to curb the behaviour in the league. he was out of control, reckless and lost it.
I hope they do, and I hope we add to it. His goading and massive over-aggression was enough, but that hit was just deplorable.

To go from the feeling of pure joy that the game was won after that interception to this..... Wow.
Old 10.01.2016, 12:58 PM
Pro

Being a Bengals fan is sh*t, right now I think I'd almost rather be a Browns fan - it's the hope that kills you. Unforgivable blunders from Burfict, Jones, Hill and Lewis. We should have won that game. The buck stops with Lewis though.

Go Broncos.
Old 10.01.2016, 09:13 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Zultan

That one stung. I can't help but feel that our window is closing. We are likely to lose good coaches and starters in fa. We could have gone all the way this year and we ruined it.
Old 12.01.2016, 06:14 PM
All Pro

35 mil cap room says we can afford to not get hit too hard.

Surely it's bye bye Smith, and maybe bye bye Hall purely based on cost. Along with players like Sanu (luxury), Winston, Gilberry etc that saves nearly 20 mil and I'm spending that on Nelson, Marvin Jones and Iloka. We need at least one of Lemur and Rey as well. Adam Jones might not have a great market so who knows with him. They've done a great job recently of drafting a year early so they never get too badly hit by FAs leaving but we would really miss the safeties (hard to draft) and WR.

Coaches - who knows. Surely it's a year too early for Guenther to leave?
Old 13.01.2016, 09:23 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer07uk View Post
35 mil cap room says we can afford to not get hit too hard.
Surely it's bye bye Smith, and maybe bye bye Hall purely based on cost. Along with players like Sanu (luxury), Winston, Gilberry etc that saves nearly 20 mil and I'm spending that on Nelson, Marvin Jones and Iloka. We need at least one of Lemur and Rey as well. Adam Jones might not have a great market so who knows with him. They've done a great job recently of drafting a year early so they never get too badly hit by FAs leaving but we would really miss the safeties (hard to draft) and WR.
Coaches - who knows. Surely it's a year too early for Guenther to leave?
Can't disagree with any of that - the one plus from the weekend is that Jones may have dented his market value enough for us to keep him. I'll be surprised if Guenther goes and you never know with Hue, after all Zimmer lasted a year longer with us than he was expected to. I'm hopeful we can keep the core together for another crack at breaking our playoff duck.
Old 06.06.2016, 11:41 AM
All Pro

I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Bengals review got posted today. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review
Old 08.06.2016, 06:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris caulfield View Post
I'm writing an off-season review for every team and my Bengals review got posted today. Feel free to check it out as I recap their free agency spending and their draft before giving a final review and grade.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/pos...-season-review
That's well written and pretty accurate. I'd say it was a very fair reflection on our off season.

The one thing I'd point out is that Margus Hunt was a second rounder rather than a first.
Old 09.06.2016, 08:31 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
That's well written and pretty accurate. I'd say it was a very fair reflection on our off season.

The one thing I'd point out is that Margus Hunt was a second rounder rather than a first.
Thanks for the comments and for pointing out the Hunt error, I've been back and edited that now. I was definitely a fan of the Bengals off-season, but it had a lot to do with how they've been very good at team building for a while now. If they hadn't of been so well run in recent years this years free agency losses could of really hurt them, but instead they look just as strong. They don't get much credit for it, but they are secretly one of the best run teams in the league right now.