Politics - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #61  
Old 26.09.2009, 12:29 AM
Hannibal's Avatar
Hannibal Hannibal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Admirer View Post
It won't happen like that, what will happen is that as more and more people claim it, either the amount put into the state pension will have to rise, or the amount it pays to each person will fall. By the time you retire, in 30 years (the retirement age will raise) 40% of the population will be retired, compared to about 20% now. So we can either double the amount we pay in pensions, half the amount we pay to each person, or somewhere in between.

That's assuming current population trends continue.
The current Government strategy is to raise the minimum age at which you can claim your state pension from the current 65 years minimum to I think 70 years and then again to either 72 or 75 years. On the other hand from April 6th 2010 you will also only have to have paid 36 years of National Insurance contributions into the system to then be able to draw a state pension reducing it from the current 44 years.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 26.09.2009, 12:42 AM
Vincent's Avatar
Vincent Vincent is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 02.02.2007
Posts: 15,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
The current Government strategy is to raise the minimum age at which you can claim your state pension from the current 65 years minimum to I think 70 years and then again to either 72 or 75 years. On the other hand from April 6th 2010 you will also only have to have paid 36 years of National Insurance contributions into the system to then be able to draw a state pension reducing it from the current 44 years.
Makes me glad I've paid into either company or personal pensions since I was 16. I intend to enjoy my retirement.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 26.09.2009, 12:47 AM
CharlieBear's Avatar
CharlieBear CharlieBear is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 17.10.2004
Posts: 4,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Well you have to think of the long term costs of oil pricing, the countries that invaded did it on the grounds of protecting prices.
You say that like it's okay.

(For the record, I'm enjoying this thread. Some of it is a bit Cab Driver, but people are mostly being polite and at least 2 or 3 posters have written some really interesting stuff)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 26.09.2009, 09:25 AM
Raider12's Avatar
Raider12 Raider12 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05.09.2003
Posts: 11,694
Thumbs down

Jack firstly your posts why do you always quote folk and then put your reply in. Why not just post it is easier to read and we all know were you are addressing your reply.

You say you are commenting generally, because you don't know anyones personal circumstances, what a load of tosh. You cannot comment unless you can back up your statement with evidence, that is using your view on anyone else posting there thoughts here, no difference. But lets get down to it, this is avery contencious subject, its real people you are talking about and not some keyboard. So if you have no experience on the matter then your point has no validaty which in your own words you have not

"No thankfully I haven't."

And yes it is blatantly obvious to me that you have grouped everyone together.

This then carries on to your comment about agreeing with someone.

"Mark, I hope your not suggesting that we should agree with someone just because they have experience in that field, I hope I have got the wrong end of the stick."

In essence you would argue with a doctor on his diagnosis, because you know better than him irrespective of his Experience. Jack I think you have got more than the wrong end of the stick, you just don't listen or accept anyones view point.




Mark
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 26.09.2009, 10:52 AM
jack1's Avatar
jack1 jack1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 20.10.2006
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Whole thread is a joke....., would "Jack1" have anything to talk about ? unless he was a serial (MODDED) to talksport ????
What a ridiculous comment to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBear View Post
You say that like it's okay.
Well its not a great situation but in this day and age money makes the world go round.


For the benifet of you Mark, I won't quote your post, but I tend to find quoting makes it easier to reply, and I personally think it avoids confusion.

On your first point you aren't getting the jist of what I said, I was mearly pointing out the fact that I have no knowledge of people's stories on here, of course I am basing my theory on people I know or their family memebers etc. It would be impossible and unfair to post their stories.

Weird that you weren't complaining when SA made claims which he admitted we would just have to take his word for.

I am fully aware that real people are on this forum and as I have made clear I am certainly not out to cause people personal offence.

Mark, I haven't grouped everyone together I am suggesting that some people may fit into my theory.

Of course I would listen to proffesional advice but surely even in a medical situation on a serious issue you would seek a second opinion?

Its a bit like if I had spent years in the political field, studying different systems, working in the civil service and in International organisations and I had to come to the conclusion that the best form of government was a facist dictatorship, you would automatically agree with me would you?

Of course you wouldn't you would look at my findings and come to your own conclusion.

I'll freely admit I do have a controversial viewpoint, of course I listen to other posters but that doesn't mean I will agree with them. I thought forums were for debate.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 26.09.2009, 12:54 PM
Hannibal's Avatar
Hannibal Hannibal is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.10.2003
Posts: 3,138
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvincent1 View Post
Makes me glad I've paid into either company or personal pensions since I was 16. I intend to enjoy my retirement.
Likewise I have paid into final salary company / local goverment pension schemes since the age of 18, forward thinking is always best
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 26.09.2009, 01:00 PM
CharlieBear's Avatar
CharlieBear CharlieBear is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 17.10.2004
Posts: 4,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Well its not a great situation but in this day and age money makes the world go round.
Just to be clear - you have no qualms about invading a country and killing thousands of people for money? I wonder if you would be so blasé about this if you knew anyone involved.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 26.09.2009, 01:06 PM
Gengar's Avatar
Gengar Gengar is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 28.12.2008
Posts: 5,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Was'nt it in New York, seem to remember Boy George had some kind of community service order placed on him requiring him to go on street cleaning duty after he falsely reported a burglary.
http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...DC405B838FF1D3

That's what I meant.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 26.09.2009, 01:09 PM
Gengar's Avatar
Gengar Gengar is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 28.12.2008
Posts: 5,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post

Well you have to think of the long term costs of oil pricing, the countries that invaded did it on the grounds of protecting prices.
How long term do you want to go? It's been 6 years since we conquered Baghdad.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 26.09.2009, 01:30 PM
Raider12's Avatar
Raider12 Raider12 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05.09.2003
Posts: 11,694
Default

What is your theory Jack, and what research have you done to back up your theory. I tell you what Jack, no matter what anyone says on here you take the high ground and pontificate your thoughts on everyone else, but as Paul said when the heat is on you play the victim.

It is getting to the stage that no matter what you post it is always in your opinion, sorry but in my view that is becomeing extremely wearisome and boring. I enjoy peoples viewpoints and opinions its part of life and learning and accept on occasions that I don't agree with or accept there view. But I would give reasons, rather than demanding that they prove themselves wrong by proving you right.

"On your first point you aren't getting the jist of what I said, "

Oh I have, it is an unqualified comment with no evidence.

"Mark, I haven't grouped everyone together I am suggesting that some people may fit into my theory."

Unfortuneatly you have as you have been unclear on this theory and the research that you have done to back up your comments.

Debating is debating, it is people talking on a or varied subjects objectively, not in a confrontational manner which happens.



Mark
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 12:12 AM.