Season Prediction - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 08.09.2016, 09:40 AM
All Pro

I have the Bungals winning the division with us in 2nd place again and a probable wild card position against either the Jags or Bungals who we beat before losing to either the Raiders or Patriots in the divisional game.
Old 08.09.2016, 10:36 AM
All Pro

I remember when the schedule was released my initial feeling was that we'd end up 13-3. Now that assumed no major injuries or suspensions (so that's out the window), plus we beat the teams we're supposed to beat, something we've really struggled with recently.

Now I don't know. The AFC North is bananas anyway so predictions go out the window. I think any one of us, the Ravens and the Bengals can win it and we'll still get out with a wildcard as worst.

That obviously assumes we keep Ben upright, Bell comes back, stays healthy and plays at his usual level, and defense plays at worst solidly. I genuinely think the D is better than last year particularly from the viewpoint of giving up big plays.
Old 09.09.2016, 03:22 PM
Starter

I agree atu,despite any of the current injuries or suspensions,keep #7 upright & Pittsburgh wins at least a wildcard birth!I'll be cautiously optimistic & say 12/4 & a playoff bye week
Old 10.09.2016, 02:18 PM
MVP

I think this might be a tougher season than I had initially thought/hoped. Good enough for a wildcard but I think 10-6 with Cincinnati winning the division.
Old 11.09.2016, 08:56 PM
Pro Bowler

No play off's this season.
Ravens 10-6
Bengals 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Browns 5-11

It will go to the wire and we will probably blow it against Cleveland or Buffalo or somebody out of contention. Our back ups are not good enough as seen in pre season games and someone important always gets hurt in time for the key games
Old 12.09.2016, 10:54 PM
Pro Bowler

I'll go with a fast finishing 11-5 to clinch the division then a loss in the AFC title game
Old 07.11.2016, 07:49 AM
Pro Bowler

Mid way point of the season and maybe time to revisit this thread. Given the form shown in the last 3 games, a serious lack of back up and some of our baffling coaching decisions I say we will be lucky to reach .500 now. Cleveland at home of our remaining tough schedule is the only one with any confidence I can see a W.
Old 16.11.2016, 08:27 PM
All Pro

Based on our current form and who we have available to don the black n gold....anything 9-7 and above will be a minor miracle.

Drastic injury situation...Maddening inconsistency, mistakes all around, players pointing fingers....this is a boat full of holes right now, and I'm not sure MT has the bungs or the coaching nouce needed to bail us out!

At least Green made an appearance! Just in time too, because what we thought was a strong point going into this season - 'Receivers' are mostly injured, carrying injuries or suspended. We are currently relying on Coby Hamilton (yes just took me 5 mins to think of his name) I'm not sure how a gammy finger makes Sammy Coates suddenly invisible? To frikin soft! The Rams Jack Youngblood played in a SB with a broken arm!!! Wheaton soft!

The silver lining?... we should be able to pick up a decent edge rusher or NT/DL with us likely picking middle of the draft order!

We need to go out and draft some mean SOB's - and proper mean, tough like Aaron Smith and Hines Ward, not these pretenders like Mike 'Cheerleader' Mitchell!!

Last edited by Terrible Towel; 16.11.2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10.09.2017, 03:34 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
I'll go with a fast finishing 11-5 to clinch the division then a loss in the AFC title game
Starting with a bit of a brag,I managed to nail it the previous 2 years but would be extra sweet if I'm on the money this year as I am going for us to win it all after going 13-3 in regular season.

The motivation should always be there but this could be our last shot with this core of players so I am hoping for a Bettis-type rally.

The overall roster looks to be a decent bit stronger than last year -

The quality on both sides in the trenches combined looks better than any I can remember.I think teams will look to spread us out and stop us from having our front 3 on the field together.Much better to take advantage of our weakness at DB.

The addition of Bryant and JuJu could give us the best WR corps in the league.The new TE, Johnson might give us the same kind of outlet the Green provided.I would hope to us open up things on offence and not lean on Bell so much.

Watt and Dupree,if he can stay healthy,should mean an improvement in the pass rush.

Burns and Davis should continue to develop,Haden and Hilton could also give the secondary a chance to improve.Wilcox should provide quality depth and might see us use some 3 safety lineups.

Not too many minuses when compared with last year although the lack of kick returners is a worry.

In another post I think TT said we should have a top five D.That might be a little optimistic but I do think they will improve as the season goes on.If we reach that level and the offense performs as it should this team will take some stopping.
Old 12.09.2017, 12:41 PM
All Pro

Bit late to the party,, but Haley's dumb playcalling, a not totally committed Bell and Ben's struggles on the road will lose us a few games. we always lose one to the ratbirds.

steelers 11-5