2018 Draft - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 25.04.2018, 08:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Default 2018 Draft

I'll get the ball rolling with my effort in this years mock although I don't know if it will gain much momentum.

Steelers 2018 Draft Class

1(28) Justin Reid,S,Stanford
2(60) Malik Jefferson,ILB,Texas
3(92) Anthony Miller,WR,Memphis
5(148) Leon Jacobs,OLB,Wisconsin
5(165) Jordan Wilkins,RB,Mississippi
7(220) Timon Parris,OT,Stoney Brook
7(246) Bilal Nichols,DL,Delaware

UDFA Day1
Sharif Finch,OLB,Temple
Josh Frazier,NT,Alabama
Zaire Franklin,ILB,Syracuse
Ralph Webb,RB,Vanderbilt
Andrew Ankrah,OLB,James Madison
Zach Sieler,DE,Ferris State
Dejon Allen,G,Hawaii

UDFA Day2
Chris Warren III,RB,Texas
Foyesade Oluokin,LB/S,Yale
Chad Kanoff,QB,Princeton
Deon Yelder,TE,Western Kentucky
Robert Foster WR,Alabama

UDFA Day 3
Dee Delaney CB,Miami
Vyncint Smith,WR,Limestone
Kendall Donnerson,LB,Southeast Missouri
Quadree Henderson,WR,Pittsburgh
Andrew Vollert,TE,Weber State

Judging by pre-draft visits Steelers dont see OLB as a need - can't fathom this out,I have it as a top 3 need.However this looks a difficult draft to find one who fits our system.Hopefully the coaching staff have seen something they like in Keion Adams.Of the UDFA picks Ankrah was a mistake after further viewing - does not fit the scheme.

All of my top 3 picks are regularly mocked in the 40-60 range, however Reid does seem to be gaining momentum with Steeler based blogs and forums.

And finally only 23 of 30 draft visits used - what on earth is that about ?

As always would love to see any mocks are any kind of thoughts on how people think Pittsburgh should tackle the draft.
Old 26.04.2018, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Can’t claim to know much about your day 3 picks, but I think Steelers fans would be delighted with the top 3. They all fill definite needs and should make an impact early...
Old 26.04.2018, 12:47 PM
Pro Bowler

A brief rundown of the stragglers.

Jacobs - Has a long way to go as a pass rusher but has raw materials to work with - sub 4.50 40 with an excellent 10 yard split,nice arm length for his height but only a so-so 3 cone.Has made plays despite limited playing time at different spot.Looks decent in space which Pittsburgh values at the position and seems very likely to be able to earn some playing time in various alignments as well as special teams.

Wilkins - Shows patience as a runner,can make defenders miss and is a threat as a a receiver - same kind of strengths as Bell.However unlike Bell pass blocking is poor and doesn't display enough physicality.

Parris - Always worth feeding a new project to one of the league's better position coaches.Hawkins steps up as new swing tackle so Parris,coming back from injury can be brought along slowly.

Nichols - Naturally strong with great work ethic who dominated lower level opposition particularly against the run.Needs to work on technique but we have some great role models in place and should be able to play in several roles across the line.