All Hail Lambert and the Steelers Thread! - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 26.03.2007, 09:30 PM
All Pro

Default Re:All Hail Lambert and the Steelers Thread!

So much hate and negativity, tinged with jealousy, a lethal combination, . . . off with you i say, back to SB 3 and your glory year!! :P
Old 27.03.2007, 01:10 AM
MVP

Quote:
So much hate and negativity, tinged with jealousy, a lethal combination, . . . off with you i say, back to SB 3 and your glory year!!
Eh your the one living in the past not me, why would I be jealous, we made the PO's last year and you didnt so quit being so hypocritical.

Personally I think pittsburgh are a brilliant team with some amazing players, I thought you just had a bad year last year with Ben injured, I expect you to make a serious push for the PO's again this season.

All Im asking is why you think your coach is so great. ???
Old 27.03.2007, 06:24 AM
Hall of Fame

[quote author=Terrible Towel link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=0#msg628781 date=1174924775]
[quote author=psj3809 link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=0#msg628707 date=1174913341]
[quote author=Terrible Towel link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=0#msg628701 date=1174912086]

Sadly you are acting like any other fan, talking the talk about your Superbowls etc but when your losing then theres not a word out of you.

If you look at the amount of posts by Steeler fans (including yourself i'm sure) the season you won the Superbowl compared to last season theres a huge difference.

[/quote]

I think you'll find your talking out of your behind!

I was just as prolific last season as the season before . . . . , tend to have a lot more to moan about when your teams not doing so well, . . . . this at least would explain your plethora!

Any important questions/views I may have, tend to get posted on Steeler fan sites, why would I be remotely concerned about what some Riadhurrrrrs fan thinks about my posting status?

Frankly I don't give a sausage what you think, I'm disapointed that I've even had to take time out of my day to make a reply!

Do I really need to bring up the Immaculate Reception again, . . . . . . . . oops sorry! :-*[/quote]
[/quote]

The immaculate reception was way way before my time so i'm not exactly in tears about that.

As for the '5 Superbowls' thing you sound like a Niners fan going on about that and the past. I'm glad Pittsburgh have done well, love 'old skool' teams such as Pittsburgh doing well in the NFL
Old 27.03.2007, 09:06 AM
All Pro

fair dinkum . . .

Tomlin, is highly regarded within the game, he's young, sure and he'll be learning on the job, we'll experience some groWing pains along the way.

Cowher was there for 15 seasons so a lot of the players had got a little too comfortable and apethetic, especially after SBXL.

Tomlin has laid down the law already, and camp should prove very interesting, as essentially everyone is starting from scratch.

Tomlin has said all the right things so far, he's just what we needed at this time.

It's just a hunch at the moment but I've just got a good feeling about him.

I shall live and die by the sword, but there is no reason at all why we shouldn't be playoff bound again . . . . !

We wern't all that far away last season despite our rusty QB, and all our self inflicted turnovers!

Be nice to bump into the Raidhuurs or Jets there?

yours TT
Old 27.03.2007, 09:45 AM
Pro

[quote author=Terrible Towel link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=0#msg629054 date=1174986378]

We wern't all that far away last season despite our rusty QB, and all our self inflicted turnovers!

Be nice to bump into the Raidhuurs or Jets there?
[/quote]

at least by the end of the season he was throwing that ball a lot better/accurate compared to the start!
Old 27.03.2007, 10:35 AM
Hall of Fame

I hope Big Ben bounces back, who knows if last year he was bad because of the injuries (which he seems to deny) or post Superbowl hangover or coaching etc.

I hope Tomlin does well, still surprised by the move but the Steelers had a long history of doing well and being loyal with their coaches.

Shame Cowher has left them, sure we'll see him again sometime.

Ha ha be nice to say you'll see the Raiders on your way to the playoffs, not this year but theres potential there because of their defence. Sup to Kiffin to get that offense at least decent, if our offense is say 20th ranked (instead of being way way last) and our defense is top 5 again i can see an 8-8 season. If we had any glimpse of any offense last year we would have won a fair few more games
Old 27.03.2007, 10:40 AM
Pro

[quote author=psj3809 link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=15#msg629087 date=1174991758]
I hope Big Ben bounces back, who knows if last year he was bad because of the injuries (which he seems to deny) or post Superbowl hangover or coaching etc.
[/quote]

I think he has bounced back in part, hes got past those games of INT hell and by the last few games was consistently throwing well!

and again will be good to see how well Tomlin does now Cowhers gone"
Old 27.03.2007, 02:50 PM
All Pro

We've got two compensation picks on draft day, in round 4 and one in round 5, so look out!

Be nice if we could use them effectively for a change, our lower round, day two drafting has proven pretty fruitless as of late.
Old 17.05.2007, 11:06 PM
Rookie

Is anyone going to Heinz this year?
Wife and I are going to the Seahawks game so I have written/begged the ticket office but no reply.
Other than the usual tout websites, has anyone got any suggestions?
Any general advice about getting to ground/tailgaiting etc would also be much appreciated.
Old 27.09.2007, 11:30 AM
All Pro

What happened to all the steelers fans? ???

The team is probably playing some of the best football I've seen for a while. The usual defensive force is there and we also lead the NFL in points scored! Even though Ben is no Manning/Brady/Parmer his td:interception ratio is much improved this season and looks (from the highlights that I have seen) to be playing well.

Combined with a relatively easy schedule this year (the games @ Denver, NE & Baltimore will be tough) We should easily top the division and aim for a top 2 spot in the conference.

Anybody else out there as excited about this season as I am?!?

Tags
she said no!