All Hail Lambert and the Steelers Thread! - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 27.09.2007, 12:12 PM
All Pro

Default Re:All Hail Lambert and the Steelers Thread!

Me . . . . I'm always excited about our Steelers!!!

I've got a nasty feeling about this weekends game though, Whiz n Grimm will have their team fired up, and they have a potent air attack, if they can decide who's throwing the ball, . . .

We haven't really been tested too much through the air this year, so this is shaping up as our biggest test yet . . .

They undoubtadly have the upper hand knowing some of our players weaknesses . . .

It'll be hot too . . .

This one will be close, I rarely bet against the Steelers so I won't here, . . .

Steelers 27 Cards 24

Unfortunatley I won't see it as I'm off to Portugal!!!
Old 27.09.2007, 01:09 PM
All Pro

Leinart is ok - but I don't exactly see him cutting our defense to pieces... He does have 2 v.good WR to throw to though.

They might be able to stop Big Ben (Especially if Hines is out injured) but I can't see them having much of an impact on our running game - which lets face it is what gets the job done!

I haven't seen a full steelers game yet this season, has the offensive playbook changed much with Tomlin/Arians?
Old 27.09.2007, 04:36 PM
All Pro

[quote author=cheshiremulisha link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=15#msg739795 date=1190898569]
Leinart is ok - but I don't exactly see him cutting our defense to pieces... He does have 2 v.good WR to throw to though.

They might be able to stop Big Ben (Especially if Hines is out injured) but I can't see them having much of an impact on our running game - which lets face it is what gets the job done!

I haven't seen a full steelers game yet this season, has the offensive playbook changed much with Tomlin/Arians?
[/quote]

Shame on you, . . .

If Hines does sit this one out I'd expect Washington to easily pick up the slack, he's very different to Hines though, this could be his chance to shine . . .

The playbook has changed a bit, the percentages are pretty similar, we do seem more inclined to pass on second down a lot more than we used to, and of course there are a lot ot two tight-end sets, . . . , consecuently? we are spreading the ball around a lot more, . . . and I attribute most of our third down success to this, . . . we were awful last season . . .

Ben of course is also taking on a lot more responsibility in play calling and blocking assignment calls, and all seems pretty good so far . . .
Old 27.09.2007, 05:50 PM
All Pro

The absence of sky tv has limited my viewing pleasure this season

But from the highlights I've seen we are looking good. (Even though highlights can sometimes be deceiving!)
Interceptions are low, defense is still top notch and we are the 3rd highest scoring team in the league!

As for TE play - All 3 TE's have scored a TD already so that must be working!
I do like Nate but I always expect him to score more touchdowns than what he has, he always seems to have some good receptions each game but without the end result of a TD. (But hey I suppose the TE's aren't complaining!)
Old 27.09.2007, 09:27 PM
All Pro

I've got that gamepass thingy, so i can watch all the games via the net, . . . they are not shown live however if it's the main game on sky, but you can easily access it for the following 48 hours anyway . . .

It's about £107 quid for a season of just steeler games, ie you get to pick one game each week, ie the Steelers, so Its great, you need an understanding missus though . . . .

They probably do a half season package?

and of course you need tinternet!
Old 16.10.2007, 06:37 AM
Pro

Yeah, I signed up for gamepass too. The follow your team option seems pretty good value. I'll still watch the games on sky if they are on but at least I don't have to try listen to a radio feed or watch the helmets on NFL.com.

As for the understanding ,misus, at least she gets the telly most weeks now!

As for watching, I wanna see the Steelers use Dan Kreder more thouigh. Not sold on Carey Davis too much.
And more of the Dump truck too, assuming he ain't locked up by the time we play Denver. :
Old 16.10.2007, 08:26 AM
All Pro

[quote author=LagartijaMick link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=15#msg755268 date=1192516667]

Yeah, I signed up for gamepass too. The follow your team option seems pretty good value. I'll still watch the games on sky if they are on but at least I don't have to try listen to a radio feed or watch the helmets on NFL.com.

As for watching, I wanna see the Steelers use Dan Kreder more thouigh. Not sold on Carey Davis too much.
And more of the Dump truck too, assuming he ain't locked up by the time we play Denver. :

[/quote]

Our running game is fairly sound at the moment, Kreider should be left to do what he does best, blocking. Davenport is being used effectively on 3rd downs, but like you say, let's hope he isn't locked up by the time we play Denver.

the key against Denver will be running the football, their run D is one of the worst in the NFL, whereas we have one of the best rushing attacks. Mike Tomlin needs to use FWP and Najeh Davenport effectively, which is paramount. If not, we're going to have problems. I'm confident we can get the win.
Old 16.10.2007, 08:33 AM
All Pro

[quote author=LagartijaMick link=board=1;threadid=25116;start=15#msg755268 date=1192516667]

[/quote]

Welcome Mick, . . . I've seen you over at MacMillenandWife!

We should easlily have our way with Denver.

Thery will be out to stop the run big at first, so we'll have to loosen them up with the pass a little, but come second half we should be rolling.

Davenport has been quite a revelation so far this season, he looks monster compared to last year, he's now easily opur goalline back, as Parker has always struggled down there.

I think while Dookie remains a free man we will see even more of him in the running game.

Davis has seen limited time and the knock on him is his lack of speed, he'll never be great.

If Parker goes down injured, we of course have Russell to get suited up, untested really, but an option at least.

In fact I'd prefer to see Russell suited as oppose to Davis.

Go Steelers!!

Old 16.10.2007, 06:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Welcome Mick, . . . I've seen you over at MacMillenandWife!
Thanks for the Welcome, I been hanging around that site for a few years, first as MickM and more recently as LagartijaMick. They are a good crowd there. I even managed to trade a darkness t-shirt for a Myron Cope terrible towel with one of the regulars there a couple of years ago! (he got the t-shirt, I got the TT!)
I had to go out and buy that t-shirt specially but I don't think anyone I know saw me. :-[

Glad to see that me and Steelerkraut ain't the only Steelers fans in Europa.

We Steelerfans are everywhere!!

Old 21.01.2008, 04:57 AM
Rookie

Its been confirmed Alan Faneca`s contract will not be resigned :-\

Tags
she said no!