What Grinds Your Gears - Page 166 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 03.02.2013, 06:50 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
Russell Brand saying Bob Geldof has known all about famine as he had lived off I don't like Mondays for 20 years.

What a tawt (it gets edited).

At least Bob has done his bit to try to make the world a better place, and isn't famous just because he shagged someone's granddaughter and joked about it.
That happened about 8yrs ago and at the time i found it rather amusing. But I wouldn't be too quick to judge Mr Brand he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for and has spent a lot of time helping homeless people and addicts in California.
Old 03.02.2013, 08:13 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
There are other types of food of course, but people from some countries like wider ranges of foods than others. My theory is we in the UK eat so many different types of food because our own is bad. When people tell me food is bad in Britain, I tell them that's not true - British food is bad, but food in Britain is great. We've embraced all sorts, probably because a lot of the more traditional offerings are uninspiring. Chinese, Indian, sushi, pizzas, thai, vietnamese and lot of other stuff is really popular now (albeit it's doctored from the originals). In countries where the home offerings are better, there's less need to look to the rest of the world for decent food. Italian food is better than British food hands down, but you'll find a better Chinese or curryhouse here than Italy.

That's absolutely right about the changing foods for local tastes. I believe the tikka masala was invented in Glasgow. Chop Suey was invented in Los Angeles. Obviously those thick crust extra cheese pizzas have never been anywhere near Italy in their lives. And the doenor kebab was invented in Berlin.
ours isnt that bad but i would like to be stuck on it as i like a variety of things. but beans on toast, bangers and mash, cottage pie, a roast and of course fish and chips are all very good. however they are a bit boring so its great that we have the rest of the world to chose from even if they are watered down versions in some places.

tbh where money isnt an issue it does seem odd to me that someone would choose not to have food from around the world, Italian is nice but its far from the best.

the issue i had is that he decided to knock all food from here, which is insane imo. now he could of said no one does great Italian food or that he cant cook. tbh it just seems like a cheap shot that alot of foreign people seem to take and its made worse by the fact he lived here for a few years.
Old 03.02.2013, 08:14 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLC View Post
That happened about 8yrs ago and at the time i found it rather amusing. But I wouldn't be too quick to judge Mr Brand he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for and has spent a lot of time helping homeless people and addicts in California.
come on we all know the only thing Brand as ever done was leave a message which was fodder for the dopes are the mail
Old 03.02.2013, 10:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
ours isnt that bad but i would like to be stuck on it as i like a variety of things. but beans on toast, bangers and mash, cottage pie, a roast and of course fish and chips are all very good. however they are a bit boring so its great that we have the rest of the world to chose from even if they are watered down versions in some places.

tbh where money isnt an issue it does seem odd to me that someone would choose not to have food from around the world, Italian is nice but its far from the best.

the issue i had is that he decided to knock all food from here, which is insane imo. now he could of said no one does great Italian food or that he cant cook. tbh it just seems like a cheap shot that alot of foreign people seem to take and its made worse by the fact he lived here for a few years.
To be fair it was just one word in what was probably a 10-second soundbyte. Not really a lengthy interview. Plenty of British footballers come home after a 6-month failed stint abroad complaining they missed home food and the people over there didn't speak English. Michael Owen is one I definitely remember.
Old 03.02.2013, 11:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To be fair it was just one word in what was probably a 10-second soundbyte. Not really a lengthy interview. Plenty of British footballers come home after a 6-month failed stint abroad complaining they missed home food and the people over there didn't speak English. Michael Owen is one I definitely remember.
Ian Rush after a failed stint in Italy for Juventus commented that living in
Italy was like living in another country......
Old 04.02.2013, 03:57 AM
GOAT

Quote:
if he stated that all the food was bad then his just as bad.
Old 04.02.2013, 04:39 AM
Pro Bowler

People that whinge they have to get up for work or go to work after the Superbowl.....

I`m not one to stir mind...
Old 04.02.2013, 11:01 AM
All Pro

Losing the Super Bowl
Old 04.02.2013, 11:48 AM
All Pro

No seats in the KoKo club and being the fuller figure man
Old 04.02.2013, 04:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean49 View Post
Losing the Super Bowl
What's worse? Losing the Super Bowl or going out at home in the playoffs? For me getting to the Super Bowl is a real achievement, whereas being beaten on your own field in the conference championship, when it was on a plate for you, feels like more of a letdown. Obviously winning a Super Bowl is the best outcome, but I think there's a lot to be said for winning your conference and getting to the big party.