The Mock Draft thread - Page 50 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 15.04.2018, 03:08 PM
Pro Bowler

The more I think about it the more I hate the idea of Smith to the Colts .With 3 or 4 QBs likely to go before pick no 6 the Colts will have one of Chubb,Nelson,Barkley to choose from,all better options imo I would also give Fitzpatrick the nod.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.04.2018, 03:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
There have been whispers of medical red flags and I backed Edmunds to be 1st LB picked partly because of this.Most mocks have Smith going top 10 and this is available at 5/4 as well as 11/10 on being 1st LB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
The more I think about it the more I hate the idea of Smith to the Colts .With 3 or 4 QBs likely to go before pick no 6 the Colts will have one of Chubb,Nelson,Barkley to choose from,all better options imo I would also give Fitzpatrick the nod.
Smith is the best LB in this draft imo. Edmunds isn't even 20, but Roquan is only 21. He doesn't have the height/length of Edmunds, but he seems like the perfect 4-3 WILL or possibly MIKE (to a lesser extent). People have called him Derrick Brooks-esqe.

Chubb certainly plays a more valuable position. Barkley plays a position that has been proven to produce results early. Nelson is seen as the best player in the draft. Linebacker doesn't offer enough positional value, but Smith is one heck of a player and leader. I can't see him getting past the Raiders at 10.

Of the names mentioned I think Chubb and Barkley will be gone by #6. One of them will be a Bronco unless they trade back.

I think Fitzpatrick might fall out of the top 10.
Old 16.04.2018, 06:46 AM
Hall of Fame

Peter King's MMQB column discusses the first 6 picks in the draft and reveals.........

Darnold or Allen at 1.

Maybe a QB at 2, but more likely Chubb or Barkley. (ok, so maybe this is a stronger view on a non QB pick here than most)

A QB at 3, probably Mayfield over Darnold. Given Sports Illustrated recent link up with PFF it comes as no suprise. Rosen is PFF's 3rd QB, so he's an afterthought. Mayfield is PFF's no.1 QB and available here.

More than likely Chubb at 4.

Nelson at 5 over a QB, with Denzel Ward a dark horse.

The Colts unlikely to trade out of the top 10 unless it's for a kings ransom. #8 seems to be Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds territory and at 'worst' they'd want one of them.

Darnold is mentioned for pretty much every pick, either as a 'hard to pass on' prospect or as trade bait. If that's the case then you can't realistically see him getting past #3.

Personally, if the Browns take Allen at #1 they increase their trade market at #4 and probably move back. If they take Darnold at #1, they take Barkley at #4.
Old 16.04.2018, 09:15 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Peter King's MMQB column discusses the first 6 picks in the draft and reveals.........

Darnold or Allen at 1.

Maybe a QB at 2, but more likely Chubb or Barkley. (ok, so maybe this is a stronger view on a non QB pick here than most)

A QB at 3, probably Mayfield over Darnold. Given Sports Illustrated recent link up with PFF it comes as no suprise. Rosen is PFF's 3rd QB, so he's an afterthought. Mayfield is PFF's no.1 QB and available here.

More than likely Chubb at 4.

Nelson at 5 over a QB, with Denzel Ward a dark horse.

The Colts unlikely to trade out of the top 10 unless it's for a kings ransom. #8 seems to be Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds territory and at 'worst' they'd want one of them.

Darnold is mentioned for pretty much every pick, either as a 'hard to pass on' prospect or as trade bait. If that's the case then you can't realistically see him getting past #3.

Personally, if the Browns take Allen at #1 they increase their trade market at #4 and probably move back. If they take Darnold at #1, they take Barkley at #4.
If the Browns go Allen at 1 it such a major facepalm. I don't write him off as much as many, but he definitely needs to learn under a solid QB and HC - Tyrod and Hue isn't that combination, and when Tyrod goes 1-4 (due to Hue) then Allen will get thrown in far too early....

I honestly can't believe according to King that Darnold would potentially reach 6. The post-season hype machine is there for every other QB it seems. Sucks to just be a Solid, quality QB who isn't the "in-thing" for the month

If Darnold does drop, someone is getting an absolute steal.
Old 16.04.2018, 11:23 AM
Pro Bowler

So many variables this year, starting at the very top ,make for such an interesting draft.Do the G-men have a QB they are happy to take at 2? My shot in the dark is they do.I think they are doing the right thing in not showing there hand early.I don't think I remember anytime when a player under such strong consideration for 1 is perceived as anything but by the overwhelming majority.

On Smith/Edmunds again so many factors,scheme fit,day 1 readiness,size,upside.If I am a couple of years from contention I might be more likely to lean toward the higher upside option.Also seems that there is a bigger need to keep Smith clean and so do you have that D-line in place.

I go with Edmunds in the end,just.Really like that he has potential to be used in different roles.Smith seems a safer bet.

Last edited by redcar_steeler; 16.04.2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 16.04.2018, 11:55 AM
Hall of Fame

The thing with Allen going no.1 is......who actually has him as their no.1 QB on their board in the media? I've not checked recently but for the most part he's no.2 at best, and at worst he's a Day 2 Pick.

In the past the top QB prospects have been consensus high picks. Like Wentz or Goff, Goff or Wentz. Luck or RGIII, RGIII or Luck. I can't remember a guy who the vast majority of the media were 'down' on, but was still blrepeatedly linked to the no.1 pick.

A part of it, perhaps the only part, that makes it believable is it's the Browns.

If Dorsey is all he's made out to be in terms of talent evaluation and planning I think he takes Darnold. The Allen stuff is a smokescreen to see what people MIGHT offer for #4 imo.
Old 16.04.2018, 12:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
The thing with Allen going no.1 is......who actually has him as their no.1 QB on their board in the media? I've not checked recently but for the most part he's no.2 at best, and at worst he's a Day 2 Pick.

In the past the top QB prospects have been consensus high picks. Like Wentz or Goff, Goff or Wentz. Luck or RGIII, RGIII or Luck. I can't remember a guy who the vast majority of the media were 'down' on, but was still blrepeatedly linked to the no.1 pick.

A part of it, perhaps the only part, that makes it believable is it's the Browns.

If Dorsey is all he's made out to be in terms of talent evaluation and planning I think he takes Darnold. The Allen stuff is a smokescreen to see what people MIGHT offer for #4 imo.
I agree, if it wasn't Cleveland I doubt anyone else is looking at Allen at 1.

I disagree on the offers for 4 - Cleveland can't keep trading, they have all these picks year on year and can only do so much with that. They are more likely to nail it at 1 and 4 to add to Garrett last year, they need to just keep adding quality.

To Steeler's point, if Allen does go 1, then NYG are sitting pretty. Darnold is a beast and to be available at 2 will lead to major offers in my opinion. Many will want to take him and the Giants can lead any offering team to sell the farm to jump up to 2. Going to be very interesting indeed!
Old 16.04.2018, 05:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousPaul View Post
I agree, if it wasn't Cleveland I doubt anyone else is looking at Allen at 1.

I disagree on the offers for 4 - Cleveland can't keep trading, they have all these picks year on year and can only do so much with that. They are more likely to nail it at 1 and 4 to add to Garrett last year, they need to just keep adding quality.

To Steeler's point, if Allen does go 1, then NYG are sitting pretty. Darnold is a beast and to be available at 2 will lead to major offers in my opinion. Many will want to take him and the Giants can lead any offering team to sell the farm to jump up to 2. Going to be very interesting indeed!
Not saying that they should trade back from#4, just that it's worth knowing what's on offer. Tbh Darnold and Chubb probably make the most sense as a pairing, then they can pick up a RB at the top of the 2nd. If they did trade back with someone like Buffalo though they're potentially getting the 8th best non QB in the draft, at worst. Nelson, Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, James, Ward, Smith, Edmunds. They are guaranteed one of them, and if they picked up Buffalo's 2nd 1st rounder they'd pick up a more than solid player there too.

Again, they should probably stand pat and pick Darnold and Chubb, but the idea of trading back has some merits if the offer is enticing enough.

If anything the Giants might be better served by staying at #2 and picking too. They have a decent roster. They could either take the best non-QB player in the draft and hope it puts them over the top when combined with the addition of Nate Solder, or just take their future franchise QB whilst they have the chance. I doubt they pick at #2 next year.
Old 16.04.2018, 06:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
The thing with Allen going no.1 is......who actually has him as their no.1 QB on their board in the media?
Kiper. Who is spending the whole draft season contradicting himself. Plenty of draft journos have him day 3.
Old 16.04.2018, 06:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

They've invested too much in FA this year to still hold on rebuild mode by trading picks to keep in reserve at a date to be determined. The Browns rebuild has to start now. If nothing else for the sanity of their fanbase. There's only so much you can put your support through before they turn their backs on the franchise longer term