New York Jets Thread - Page 792 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 13.04.2018, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Have finished my Jets' Draft in the 7 round Mock...

Quote:
With the 186th pick in the 2018 NFLUK Draft, the New York Jets select:

D.J Reed, Cornerback, Kansas State

Reed's short stature (5"9) means he's strictly a slot corner in the NFL, but the Jets are in need of an upgrade in that area. He has solid coverage skills and plays bigger than his size in run support. There is a tendency for him to get a bit too "grabby" with WRs downfield at times, but a decent coaching staff should be able to help him in this area early on.

Reed is also a dangerous kick and punt returner, and he should have every chance of winning at least one of those jobs with the Jets as a rookie, allowing him to contribute while he adapts to playing DB in the Pros...
Sponsored Links
Old 13.04.2018, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

And the last pick...

Quote:
With the 239th pick of the 2018 NFLUK Draft, the New York Jets select:

Phillip Lindsay, Running Back, Colorado

The Jets signed Isaiah Crowell and Thomas Rawls in Free Agency, but their RB situation isn't as settled as it may appear. Rawls has struggled to stay healthy and hasn't shown much since his rookie season, Bilal Powell may well be playing his last year as a Jet, and Elijah McGuire had an unremarkable rookie year.

Lindsay's size (5'8, 190 lbs) means he will never be a feature back, although he runs bigger than that, but he can help a team out in a number of ways. He returned kicks and punts in College, and several NFL teams asked him to work out as a slot receiver, although his best shot would be as a 3rd down RB...
Old 13.04.2018, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

NEW YORK JETS

Round 1, pick 3 - Josh Rosen, Quarterback, UCLA
Round 3, pick 66 - Frank Ragnow, Guard/Center, Arkansas
Round 4, pick 107 - Kemoko Turay, Linebacker, Rutgers
Round 6, pick 186 - D.J Reed, Cornerback, Kansas State
Round 7, pick 239 - Phillip Lindsay, Running Back, Colorado

My main goals for this Draft were:

1. Get a QB
2. Improve the protection for that QB
3. Get someone who can get to the other team's QB

Pretty happy to have addressed all 3 of those needs. I would have double dipped on the OL if the real life Jets hadn't traded away their two 2nd rounders, but I was happy to get Ragnow in the 3rd, and think he will be a solid long term starter. Hadn't intended to trade up, but he wouldn't have dropped to my original spot, and I felt there was a sizeable drop off among the interior OL after him.

Rosen is imo the best QB in this class, and the one who I feel is the best fit for us. Turay has had injury concerns, but has the potential to be a solid edge rusher in the NFL.

Wanted my two late picks to have some versatility to them, to give them more chance of sticking. Reed should challenge Buster Skrine for the Nickel/slot CB role, but can also contribute as a returner. Lindsay is a fun runner to watch, with a little MJD to his game, but can also line up in the slot and has experience returning kicks...
Old 16.04.2018, 09:50 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
NEW YORK JETS

Round 1, pick 3 - Josh Rosen, Quarterback, UCLA
Round 3, pick 66 - Frank Ragnow, Guard/Center, Arkansas
Round 4, pick 107 - Kemoko Turay, Linebacker, Rutgers
Round 6, pick 186 - D.J Reed, Cornerback, Kansas State
Round 7, pick 239 - Phillip Lindsay, Running Back, Colorado

My main goals for this Draft were:

1. Get a QB
2. Improve the protection for that QB
3. Get someone who can get to the other team's QB

Pretty happy to have addressed all 3 of those needs. I would have double dipped on the OL if the real life Jets hadn't traded away their two 2nd rounders, but I was happy to get Ragnow in the 3rd, and think he will be a solid long term starter. Hadn't intended to trade up, but he wouldn't have dropped to my original spot, and I felt there was a sizeable drop off among the interior OL after him.

Rosen is imo the best QB in this class, and the one who I feel is the best fit for us. Turay has had injury concerns, but has the potential to be a solid edge rusher in the NFL.

Wanted my two late picks to have some versatility to them, to give them more chance of sticking. Reed should challenge Buster Skrine for the Nickel/slot CB role, but can also contribute as a returner. Lindsay is a fun runner to watch, with a little MJD to his game, but can also line up in the slot and has experience returning kicks...
You are HIRED.

We wont end up with as good as a draft as this...

Just out of interest who was taken a 1&2?

If we were number 1 pick would you take Rosen is probably the better question...
Old 16.04.2018, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
You are HIRED.

We wont end up with as good as a draft as this...

Just out of interest who was taken a 1&2?

If we were number 1 pick would you take Rosen is probably the better question...
Saquon Barkley went #1, and Sam Darnold #2. Yeah, Rosen would have been my choice if we were picking first. Would be happy with Mayfield or Darnold too, but feel Rosen is the best of the 3 as well as the best fit...
Old 16.04.2018, 05:57 PM
Starter

I would take Rosen or Mayfield now. Anyone see a scenario we take Allen????
Old 17.04.2018, 08:12 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-e-t-s12 View Post
I would take Rosen or Mayfield now. Anyone see a scenario we take Allen????
I honestly do yes... It worries me.

I think if he is on the board we take him, I think the rumours the Browns are taking him makes it worse - as if they do pass on him - and he is there I believe our FO will panic and could take him.

I hope not.

I am with Wayne - I think the other three its a lottery we have seen many times before and any/all three could work out - most like only one of the 4 will go on to be amazing - 10+ year starter and face of the franchise - if we look historically at stacked classes - so I think its a gamble whichever you take - Whoever we take certain fans will be disappointed and not like the choice - its likely that there will be 2/3 of the 4 on the board when we pick... I don't like the fact that no matter who we pick we will sit - I no others disagree but id like to draft a QB that high and he be good enough to start... but that is the situation we have. I don't buy the protection thing. I think the longer he sits the more pressure there is on everyone... especially as we know we wont be winning more than we are losing.
Old 17.04.2018, 02:59 PM
All Pro

Nick Mangold to retire officially. Will sign a 1 day contract to retire as Jet. Easily my favourite player of the last decade. Thanks for everything Nick!
Old 17.04.2018, 03:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
Nick Mangold to retire officially. Will sign a 1 day contract to retire as Jet. Easily my favourite player of the last decade. Thanks for everything Nick!
Echo this. I was a Mangold Maniac - Had Home and Road and throwback jerseys of his - My Mrs used to wear the Mangold throwback to NFLuk gatherings...

Had them all reebok. I actually wouldn't mind finding a Nike one of his - especially as he has retired a jet. shame he couldn't have stayed to retire.
Old 17.04.2018, 05:49 PM
Starter

Mangold will be a player we struggle to replace long term.

Last edited by j-e-t-s12; 17.04.2018 at 05:58 PM.