NFL 2010 All-Decade Team predictions - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 20.02.2019, 08:51 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is online now
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 17,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
the media love Fitzgerald but the crazy numbers Jones/Green/Brown put up also make it hard to know how they split them.

Megatron even slowed by his injuries at the end was the best WR of the decade the other choice is a total toss up,also does Dez Bryant get into the mix??
Yeah, Megatron was probably the most dominant receiver of the decade.

.... and no, Dez isn't in the mix imo.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 20.02.2019, 09:17 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 9,625
Default

Does Frank Gore sneak into the 2nd spot in the RB behind AP,forget how good he was for the 49ers.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 20.02.2019, 11:23 PM
djhdjh's Avatar
djhdjh djhdjh is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 10.12.2017
Posts: 293
Default

Can't see Fitzgerald being first team ahead of Julio Jones. Had his best days in the previous decade vs a renowned physical freak who was drafted at the start of the decade and has consistently been among the top 2 receivers in the game ever since.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 21.02.2019, 12:10 AM
manic_matt's Avatar
manic_matt manic_matt is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 08.02.2008
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Does Frank Gore sneak into the 2nd spot in the RB behind AP,forget how good he was for the 49ers.
Not ahead of McCoy, I posted McCoy's stats on the previous page. Gore is second behind McCoy in yards but doesn't have the TD's or the receiving yards that McCoy has.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 21.02.2019, 06:53 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Yeah, Megatron was probably the most dominant receiver of the decade.

.... and no, Dez isn't in the mix imo.
I can think of many players I'd consider before Bryant

Off the top of my head Jordy Nelson, Julian Edelman, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Brandon Marshall are all a class above Dez

His 3x 1000+ yard seasons put him in a tier occupied by the likes of Roddy White, Marques Colston, Andre Johnson & Anquan Boldin, although all are better receivers than him & in such a bracket because again their production over a career spans both decades
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 21.02.2019, 06:55 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic_matt View Post
Not ahead of McCoy, I posted McCoy's stats on the previous page. Gore is second behind McCoy in yards but doesn't have the TD's or the receiving yards that McCoy has.
Gore's longevity helps him, but he has been amazingly consistent over a career where he has never quite been the best at his position in any one season
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 21.02.2019, 07:13 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 9,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
I can think of many players I'd consider before Bryant

Off the top of my head Jordy Nelson, Julian Edelman, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Brandon Marshall are all a class above Dez

His 3x 1000+ yard seasons put him in a tier occupied by the likes of Roddy White, Marques Colston, Andre Johnson & Anquan Boldin, although all are better receivers than him & in such a bracket because again their production over a career spans both decades
upon further review D Thomas mainly from his Denver days actually had a much better decade than Bryant so maybe put him in the conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 22.02.2019, 05:54 AM
BuffaloG's Avatar
BuffaloG BuffaloG is online now
All Pro
 
Join Date: 12.10.2014
Posts: 4,221
Default

I think McCoy playing for 2 unfashionable teams and a personality / off field that isn't to everyone's taste, to put it diplomatically, will hurt him
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:59 AM.