What Grinds Your Gears - Page 970 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 01.06.2014, 08:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
That's a sad reflection on how far we've fallen as a society.

Amen to that brother.
Old 01.06.2014, 08:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
Hey at least you tried it....I find it enthralling but it could do with being on a HD channel.

But man if you could watch Hawks at Kings Game 6 and still not love it, you never will.

My top 4 are
1st NFL
2nd NHL
Then a big gap to Basketball
Then another big gap to Baseball.

I don't mind watching the last two in person but I struggle if it's on TV....too tempted to turn over.
I am amazed baseball hasn't taken off in this country. We have over half a million people in the uk playing softball and around fifty thousand playing baseball. There are clubs all over the uk and its perhaps the most accesible out of all american sports in regards of playing in this country in some form
Old 01.06.2014, 08:45 PM
Hall of Fame

I went out many many moons ago with a lass from Brighton who was at uni in Liverpool, anyhow one week we went up to Brighton to visit family etc and i got talking to her grandad one day, real cool guy and war veteran as well, me and girlfriend where indie/alternatives etc so didn't dress to conform etc.

anyhow back on topic it used to really grind his gears when people would have a go at kids, he said kids where way worse fifties and sixties and even seventies, talked about pitched battles on beach with mods and rockers etc and so on and so on. His view was that kids will always rebel but when they get older and have kids themselves they rush to overprotect and forget what they where like when they where younger
Old 01.06.2014, 08:51 PM
All Pro

People that say 'just sayin' after a comment.
Old 01.06.2014, 08:53 PM
All Pro

It used to be that way Lee but now there is a generation of parents who think it is everyone else's responsibility to bring up their child.
Old 01.06.2014, 09:01 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
It used to be that way Lee but now there is a generation of parents who think it is everyone else's responsibility to bring up their child.
This is sums it up nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkmqyeYSFt0
Old 01.06.2014, 09:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
That's a thumbs up from me
Old 01.06.2014, 09:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
as with any generation there may be a few but for me its about social media and how news is reported these days, everything is reported more and discussed more and therefore everything seems worse, i remember when that poor little lad Jamie was killed on that railway track in Liverpool at how shocked we were that it had happened in our own back yard etc, i was even more shocked to find that similar things had happened way before in other parts of the country, had no idea based on how with the media coverage it felt like this was first time it had happened.

going back to media coverage another thing that grinds my gear is how people portray single parents. I have two kids and of course i think they are wonderful and i don't think they are trouble at all but bringing them up is hard and extremely tiring, now your always going to get one or two selfish people when it comes to kids but the amount of hard work and energy needed i personally don't buy that any single parent has more kids just for more benefits or at least its easy etc because its hard looking after kids, however many many people do view it that way because that's how its portrayed sadly
Old 02.06.2014, 12:07 PM
All Pro

Jimmy Saville is the headline on BBC news today, fine. But do we really need to know that the youngest person he abused was 2 in that same headline?
Old 02.06.2014, 12:47 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I went out many many moons ago with a lass from Brighton who was at uni in Liverpool, anyhow one week we went up to Brighton to visit family etc and i got talking to her grandad one day, real cool guy and war veteran as well, me and girlfriend where indie/alternatives etc so didn't dress to conform etc.

anyhow back on topic it used to really grind his gears when people would have a go at kids, he said kids where way worse fifties and sixties and even seventies, talked about pitched battles on beach with mods and rockers etc and so on and so on. His view was that kids will always rebel but when they get older and have kids themselves they rush to overprotect and forget what they where like when they where younger
I was just wondering how you went 'up' to Brighton from Liverpool or Sheffield. Or did you live on the Isle of Wight in those days?