ProTour Cycling Thread - Page 51 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 09.07.2009, 03:30 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
Did any of us have Gesink in our teams on velogames? I was considering him but didn't pick him in the end. I don't think he started today after that fall yesterday.
Phil has him. I too was tempted to pick him but for whatever reason didn't in the end. A good afternoon for my team taking a 1 + 3 with Thor and Rojas
Millar was always going to get gobbled up by the peleton with the final kilometre and half being that vicious climb up to montjuic, he just couldn't build a large enough lead needed to stay away which is a pity.

Last edited by yorkiepacker; 10.07.2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09.07.2009, 03:35 PM
All Pro

When I saw on the Eurosport text updates that Chavanel had attacked I was pleased, but when I saw Pauriol had attacked I was gobsmacked! I'm getting the names but not the winners - maybe tomorrow eh!?
Good result for Hushovd - maybe the fight for Green is going to be a little tougher for Cav than everyone was starting to think? Looks like it will be between those two this year.....
Old 09.07.2009, 03:39 PM
Pro Bowler

When I saw Pauriol breaking from the pack I was thinking of renaming you "gypsy rose lee" and going to cross your palm with silver!
Old 09.07.2009, 04:28 PM
Team Captain

Yes i have Gesink in my team. Not looking good for me at the moment, hoping i might do a bit better in the mountains, but have a lot of points to catch up.
A good finish today, felt sorry for Millar.
Old 09.07.2009, 09:57 PM
All Pro

Such a shame for Miller it was always going to be hard but I thought he was going to do it until the big straights then he had no chance..

Good win for the god of thunder, lots of crashes today it is horrible riding in the wet and boy those white lines are real slippery and if ever you ride on the cycle lanes on a road bike the bits where the lanes come close to pedestian crossing with the grooves are deadly as well.

Looking forward to tomorrows race, I must admit you guys are great at predicting just as well I'm not in the fantasy league as I wouldn't have been doing to well I'd most likely gone for poor old Boonen
Old 10.07.2009, 05:35 AM
All Pro

While its a brute of a final climb today, and I expect we'll see all the usual suspects at the front, I think its a day for the chancers. The favs will all be watching each other and wont want to go all out on the first day in the mountains so I reckon riders such as Gerdemann, Bruseghin, Nibali and Kreuziger could show themselves along the way. My picks for today though are Vladimir Efimkin or Igor Anton.....
Old 10.07.2009, 09:14 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKosar View Post
While its a brute of a final climb today, and I expect we'll see all the usual suspects at the front, I think its a day for the chancers. The favs will all be watching each other and wont want to go all out on the first day in the mountains so I reckon riders such as Gerdemann, Bruseghin, Nibali and Kreuziger could show themselves along the way. My picks for today though are Vladimir Efimkin or Igor Anton.....
Good shouts. However, I think today will come down to some bigger names. Obviously Lance used to always use the first big climb to stamp his authority so maybe if he is the man he used to be he'll attack today. If he's not, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cadel Evans break the habit of a lifetime and take things into his own hands and attack. Overall though I think the main contenders will be behind someone who fancies a day of glory and my shout for that would be David Arroyo. We shall see.

Also, I was devastated to see Michael Rogers crash and seem to be hurt yesterday. I haven't heard any news on whether he's ok to carry on but a) I like Rogers and b) I have him in my fantasy team cos I was tipping him to be solid over the 3 weeks and end up finishing anywhere between 5th and 15th which would have got me some points. Hope he's ok but he's already lost time.
Old 10.07.2009, 12:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Eurosport are saying Micheal Rogers has started today but didn't comment on his condition. I would really like to see Cadel Evans try and do something today, for years now he has been a "follower" with his eyes on the top spot. Now that he is so far behind this year I would hope that he could throw of the shackles a little and give it a good go.

Last edited by yorkiepacker; 10.07.2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10.07.2009, 01:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepacker View Post
Eurosport are saying Micheal Rogers has started today but didn't comment on his condition. I would really like to see Cadel Evans try and do something today, for years now he has been a "follower" with his eyes on the top spot. Now that he is so far behind this year I would hope that he could through of the shackles a little and give it a good go.
After years of watching Cadel Evans follow and follow and then come 2nd, you've got to think at 30 (?) years old, it's time for him to start attacking. I really dislike him as a person but as a rider he's good enough to win the TdF if he had a better team and would just take some risks once in a while!
Old 10.07.2009, 02:05 PM
All Pro

At least i'm getting to watch the race today, good break away on.