2018 offseason thread - free agency, draft, random arrests etc - Page 258 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 07.10.2018, 03:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmoor Falcon View Post
If those numbers are anywhere near being correct then Bell needs another agent.
or maybe Bell and his agent are showing the way for young players coming off there rookie deal to hold out for every dollar and not just take a home town discount while they are playing for bargin prices in year 3/4.

Mack could have got his deal done with the Raiders over the last 2 years and got paid better(elsewhere) and Donald waited out another year and got in on the even bigger contracts we saw this off-season.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.10.2018, 03:43 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
if a few teams join in the Bell sweep stakes he will re-coup the $24m in 2019 with any long term deal having atleast 2 years salary fully guaranteed and the signing bonus but if he doesn't get much guaranteed after year 2 like most deals then he will be 29/30 and probably back to moaning about been under paid if his new team doesn't need to re-do his deal to save cap space at some point.

also pointed out that once Bell turns up the Steelers have 2 weeks to activate him and think they don't have to pay him his full $850k during that time period if they chose to make a point according to the article.

again and i do feel that this point keeps getting lost at this moment he has no contract at all.

and calling it moaning is a tad silly, he wants to paid for the talent he is.
Old 07.10.2018, 04:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
again and i do feel that this point keeps getting lost at this moment he has no contract at all.

and calling it moaning is a tad silly, he wants to paid for the talent he is.
I used "moaning" having seen Earl Thomas gladly sign his extension then when in the last year he was due the $8.5m he agreed to and started to moan about it rather than just honour the contract he signed.we are quick to complain if teams try to strong arm players but if they expect a player to see out a contract somehow that can be unfair just because the market has moved on.

with Bell could see his 3rd year on salary's onwards which most of the time we as fans don't even look at as all we want to know is what is full guaranteed been unhappy if he agree's to say $10m a year and by then maybe Elliott/Gurley might have pushed the bar to say $13-14m.
Old 07.10.2018, 04:57 PM
MVP

OBJ talking to the media and creating some nice unnecessary issues for his team mates and franchise.

well it keeps him in the spotlight.
Old 07.10.2018, 07:04 PM
GOAT

Quote:
OBJ talking to the media and creating some nice unnecessary issues for his team mates and franchise.

well it keeps him in the spotlight.

nice try at a cheap shot, when the fella is talking sense and trying to spark something.
Old 07.10.2018, 08:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
nice try at a cheap shot, when the fella is talking sense and trying to spark something.
on ESPN today

"do the Giants have an issue at QB",OBJ "Uh I don't know"

add that to saying some of his team mates may lack the energy and heart he always brings......
Old 07.10.2018, 08:15 PM
GOAT

Quote:
on ESPN today

add that to saying some of his team mates may lack the energy and heart he always brings......

its beyond minor and players say all kinds of things that dont really need reporting apart from by the thirsty media.
Old 08.10.2018, 11:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
on ESPN today

At least Beckham realises Eli is garbage. I'll give him a little more credit now.

Thats such a "yes, but I cant actually come out and say it" response.
Old 08.10.2018, 01:07 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
At least Beckham realises Eli is garbage. I'll give him a little more credit now.

Thats such a "yes, but I cant actually come out and say it" response.

ah you fella into Lees trap where he picks out a tiny snippet to blow something up bigger than it is.

he followed it up by saying that Eli isnt mobile and we know that but that he can throw it but that we are playing too safe and we are.

he shouldnt of said it in public but these were home truths about his own team, he was giving real answers to questions and of course the media blow it up and attack him too.