Ryan Mallett - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 01.09.2014, 06:55 PM
Pro

Default Ryan Mallett

So we now have Ryan Mallett, I was hoping we could trade for him once we drafted Clowney and listening to the rumors back then seemed we was going to, I think Rick Smith did really well waiting it out and in the end got him for a conditional 7th in 2016.

I'm hoping he can catch up quick in practice and replace Fitzpatrick as the starting QB, I'm not sure if this is a good thing for Savage because to me it seems he hasn't shown BOB enough in practice or pre season for him to start any game this season.

Whats everyones opinions on him?
Sponsored Links
Old 02.09.2014, 11:34 AM
Rookie

Seems like a good move to me. Was reading about it yesterday and it was being suggested that because he knows our new coach so well it'll be a great opportunity for him to step up.

Still a bit of an unknown though, being behind Tom Brady I guess we don't really know his potential. Would be amazing if he was like a Kaepernick behind Smith kind of situation!
Old 02.09.2014, 08:03 PM
Pro

Thats what im hoping for, no QB is going to come in and bench Tom Brady and with BOB having worked with him in New England, he must have seen something during practices that he liked.

Not sure if it's the same as what you read but John Harris had a good write up on Mallett on the Texans site a couple days ago.
Old 26.11.2014, 08:17 PM
Pro

with Mallet now out for the rest of the season, what do we do with the QB situation.
Play Savage for the remainder of the games , bring back Fitz or ........ ?
I think the playoffs are beyond our reach now (even though we still have the Jags to play twice).
To be honest, I would have settled for 5 wins at the beginning of the campaign, so lets look to the future.

What do you think guys?