I've almost picked my team... - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > New to the NFL?

Sponsored Links

Old 30.08.2012, 09:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Really? Whats the deal with posting links then?
It's not allowed, via PMs or anything email would be the only way to do it. Although I would suggest buying Gamepass if you can, that's what the right people want to hear but streaming will get you there.
Sponsored Links
Old 30.08.2012, 09:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer#95 View Post
It's not allowed, via PMs or anything email would be the only way to do it. Although I would suggest buying Gamepass if you can, that's what the right people want to hear but streaming will get you there.
Ok, cheers for that as i wasn't aware. Think i saw other people doing it and assumed it was ok. Once i get my team sorted i will get gamepass i think
Old 06.09.2012, 10:56 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
No worries at all, glad it helped a little. I've been round and round on this one. Ultimately I want a classy and high character team, from a city I would like to visit/live, who are known for playing tough football, with a good locker room chemistry (no egos)....To cut a long story shory, my final 3 choices are:

Texans
Broncos
Seahawks

I have reasons for each so I'm just waiting until I gravitate to one more than the others. I dont think it will be long now the season is upon us.
Same here after watching all of last season, I have still not picked a team yet but lost interest in some teams straight away.

I am after that well run franchise from top to bottom, with quality fans and a city I would love to visit.

After going through teams history's (by downloading them) news reports nfl network, fans forums, youtube- you always find something not to like about a team lol. Lets me list a few things that put me off teams straight away.

Prob about to offend well over half the forum here but ah so what here goes -

This is just my view, not wanting to get anyones back up.

Saints - Obvious dirty play, going out to really hurt people is not on.

Eagles - Jail judge and court needed to be put in veterans stadium.

Snowballs at 49rs fans on youtube not just a few - a whole stand section. Ok its a laugh but not sure how old they were, shouldn't be treated to that just for wearing your teams jersey!

Booing Irvin when he was down and in pain with what looked a real serious injury. then there the baseball and battery throwing but you have enough already.

Browns - Bottles thrown at ref ( shows lack of class ) even though it was a really bad bad call that he cant even make as a ref.

Jags/Dolphins/Bengals/Bucs/Cardinals/Rams/Falcons- when you often see large chunks of empty seats, it just spoils the atmosphere and makes you look like your fans are pants.

Patriots - Cheats!

Lions,Panthers, Chargers, Falcons, - fairweather fans, sell out now but looking back when times were hard they were not many to be found.

Colts - Where were they before manning showed up- then they doubled in size.

Titans - Stomping on Steelers towel real lack of class, think myron cope had only died a few years before- prob did not know how it all started but not knowing your history is no excuse for showing your franchise up in my eyes.

Cowboys - Harsh but- most people hate jerry jones even cowboys fans, and some of their hall of fame players and others had a real attitude problem. + come out of nowhere i guess looking at early attendances.
Looks like jerry jones has his own thing going on- draft war room clips over years having calls on what players he wants in over the head coach.

Redskins - Never seen so many tickets for sale on ticketmaster exchange- they may sell out but get taken over by other teams support loads of times, dut to fans not turning up or looking for a quick buck and selling.

49rs + Raiders- feel a bit harsh on raders and 49rs here as both I think have great fan bases. Raiders have a bad reputation. But lots of fans and news reports have said they are a friendly bunch. But sorry the fights I saw on tv and gang related stuff going on between the two. fights breaking out and people getting shot - you are straight off my list. Not going to put myself in that situation - I know it was a mindless few but would I risk it -no chance.

Ravens - criminals + stole Clevelands team + art model is hated in parts - just seen he is in hospital now also in Baltimore

Left with these who I havent got any real feeling towards after watching them, cant get into their games that much- but have great loyal fans and good run franchise.

Bills
Jets
Giants
Texans
Broncos
Vikings

Teams I like to watch but have favourites above them -

Chiefs
Seahawks

The teams I have watched the most, love the history of them, really well run franchise - fans are pure die hard in my view. Would be proud to wear their jersey. See their fans at road games in strong numbers- Will no doubt pick one of these as my team this year.

Packers

Steelers - just a few things here (Ward drink driving - Ben those charges which he settled on instead of clearing his name)

Bears

Any info people would like to add would really help also, thanks- bit of a long one I know sorry about that.

Last edited by Donnie_Darko; 06.09.2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06.09.2012, 01:14 PM
Pro Bowler

I can see where you're going with this. The problem I found is that if you set your expectations too high then every team will disappoint you, and i'm only saying that because I'm analysing the teams like you have. I think it has to come down to having a feeling for a certain team. Just to be Devils Advocate you might look at the Bears and question their character with the events surrounding Sam Hurd and now they have taken a risk on Marshall. Well the Steelers also have their controversy in Roethlisberger or Harrison...but all being said and done they are two great franchises that compare favourably to anyone. As for the Packers, well I can't think of anything negative apart from their name (clutching at straws here). I guess my point is, dont look too hard as you will always find a reason not to like someone, just wait until you get that feeling. Well that's what im waiting for
Old 06.09.2012, 02:05 PM
Team Captain

Donnie Darko picks on Hines Ward's drinking driving but not Roethlisberger's questionable past.
Old 07.09.2012, 01:27 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srg11 View Post
Donnie Darko picks on Hines Ward's drinking driving but not Roethlisberger's questionable past.
(Ward drink driving - Ben those charges which he settled on instead of clearing his name)

Haway Derby open your eyes! ;-) , picking on him just cause he rightly called you's lot criminals.

Not sure about our lack of class Donnie- the refs did something illegal so we did.

Last edited by British Bulldawg; 07.09.2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07.09.2012, 05:52 AM
Starter

I cant believe you are undecided......

FLASH GORDON PLAYED FOR THE JETS!!!!!
Old 07.09.2012, 10:35 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Team Chosen

Hey Guys, based up in Manchester, new to the sport and cannot wait for the season to start.

In regards to my team, it was a matter of choosing someone apart from a big name, and hoping they progress well, so with all that in mind, my team are the Cardinals.

Watching highlights, Fitzgerald is cut from a different cloth and Peterson also excites me, let me know your thoughts, not being to tough on me.

Also heard promising things about Michael Floyd, is this true.

Trying to find some mini leagues to join too, can anyone help,

Thanks.
Old 07.09.2012, 10:38 PM
Rookie

Michael Floyd is promising, but still looks like he's got a lot of work to do to get up to speed. He might not get too much playing time this season, while he learns how to be an NFL Receiver.

Patrick Peterson is going to be a star, though. Well, he kind of is already, after his debut season, but he's only going to get better in his second year.

The main problem with the Cardinals at the moment is the QB situation. Namely, that both Skelton and Kolb are pretty mediocre, and it seems like neither of them have convinced Ken Whisenhunt that they're the right guy.
Old 07.09.2012, 11:42 PM
Pro Bowler

To the OP. I'd go with your gut instinct for the Dolphins. They are down on their luck at the moment, but there is a lot to be said for following a team that is down, and being a part of the whole rebuilding process. Of course there is a risk that they may not win anything for the next 20-30 years, but it will mean a lot more if/when they do get it right and have success in the future, as you will have invested so much in the team through tsupporting them in the lean times.

Conversely, you could choose the Packers and there's a good chance that you will see them be successful in 4 months time. You could become a fan and watch the highlights of their stars lifting the Lombardi just 18 months ago. For me, choosing a team that is already elite and with a history of recent success, means that you miss out on so much of what it means to be a fan and how very difficult and special it is for your team to be successful in the NFL.

Tags
dolphins , fan , jets , packers , support