Old 26.10.2015, 09:59 PM
Pro

Good to know. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Old 28.10.2015, 04:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadders86 View Post
I spoke to the chap at Football America last week and they're going to get some youth size jerseys in soon if you're not in a massive rush?
That is good to know. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the site.

While we're still talking about this Adult vs Youth sizes thing, it'd be good to get a clearer idea of the differences - aside from the price!

I've gleaned that the numbers and lettering may well be slightly smaller, but what else? Are they shorter in length? Do they have shorter sleeves?

And focusing on sleeves...

What I find strange is that a supporter cannot mimic the look of his favourite player in these jerseys without buying pads. It wouldn't take much to create a more slim-line jersey with shorter sleeves (can't stand how long the jersey sleeves are) that could allow fans to feel like they're part of their favourite team without the need for pads.

I would never wear the traditional jersey out in public because it's so unflattering. In contrast, if they offered a tighter fitting, short sleeved jersey I would happily promote my beloved Seahawks in the local high street!

Anyone else have similar feelings re: the jersey's poor fit and imitative look?

Yours rantingly,

Philmscribe
Old 29.10.2015, 10:44 AM
Pro

I know what you mean about the unflattering look. And personally i always struggle with sleeve length, as i am quite short, and have short arms.

The Youth XL is closer to what i would consider a Medium in normal clothes. I think i could easily go down to a Youth Large, but i am quite broad in the chest and shoulders, so it might be a little snug.

The length is pretty much spot on. It is a little longer than my normal t-shirts, but you want the jersey to be a little loose, i think anyway. Same with sleeves, pretty good length.

I would try a Youth L or even Youth M to get a more snug, fitted look.

The cheap game jerseys are designed for fat sports fans, so they tend to be tent-shaped. Maybe try a limited?
Old 02.11.2015, 08:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-vis Landry View Post
I know what you mean about the unflattering look. And personally i always struggle with sleeve length, as i am quite short, and have short arms.

The Youth XL is closer to what i would consider a Medium in normal clothes. I think i could easily go down to a Youth Large, but i am quite broad in the chest and shoulders, so it might be a little snug.

The length is pretty much spot on. It is a little longer than my normal t-shirts, but you want the jersey to be a little loose, i think anyway. Same with sleeves, pretty good length.

The cheap game jerseys are designed for fat sports fans, so they tend to be tent-shaped. Maybe try a limited?

Thanks for all that info. Glad you also feel my pain!

Have to say, though, I wouldn't ever say the game jerseys were cheap. I feel these items are grossly over-priced. There's not a chance I'll fork out my hard earned money on a Limited Jersey, particularly with my unflattering fit concerns.
Old 09.11.2015, 03:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Where did you order yours from?
Old 09.11.2015, 07:16 PM
Rookie

I've got three Reebok NFL jerseys, all youth XL (18-20) that fit me perfectly. I am a mere 5'6" with a 38"chest.
Old 10.11.2015, 12:00 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny1985 View Post
Where did you order yours from?
Got mine from the NFL Europe shop. Sent it back because of the *****y printing, but will be getting a proper one from Football America UK when they're in stock.
Old 13.11.2015, 06:52 PM
Rookie

Funnily enough the nfl Europe shop has no youth xl for any of teams I looked at! (haven't checked them all)
Old 13.11.2015, 08:03 PM
Pro

Good. The less poorly-printed jerseys they sell, the better.

They've got alternate jerseys in now. I would KILL for the throwback Dolphins one.

Not from there though.
Old 19.11.2015, 07:45 PM
Pro

Quote:

I'll add my $0.02 here, as I faced a similar issue when ordering my first jersey from the States. Had a look at the measurements and ended up going for a Youth Large as I normally wear a size small in everything up top. The Youth Large is spot on in terms of size and length - it's pretty much bang on a size small Nike soccer top. The only thing is the sleeves come down to just above the elbow, but you can roll them up a little bit and it gives you that slim cut athletic look. That's what I do with my jersey and it looks smart. I'm 5 7' and athletic shaped just to give you a rough idea.

When I was in the States last week I tried on some Adult Small jerseys, they were fine in terms of chest width, but the sleeves were very long - almost 3/4 length, and the jersey length came down to my mid thigh! Just as well as I was thinking of ordering one - will stick to youth sizes from now on. However, most of the Nike sideline gear is true to size ie if you wear small, order small in it. I brought back some nice gear including the 2015 Salute to Service hoody - it's pretty much true to size anyway.

Tags
jerseys , nfl , sizing , womens , youth